Weekly Check-in 1/17

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY- What is your favorite, and least favorite, part of winter?

Re: Weekly Check-in 1/17

• Loading the player...
  • @zzz2022 the nausea "subsides," but it's like is less-bad nausea really that much better than worse nausea? It's demoralizing.

@anniemarie887 Yeah for Montessori!!! I also love to ski and I'm disappointed I can't go this year since it's been two years. (Last year we didn't go because the ski resort near us had like no rules for covid mitigation and we didn't get vaccines until the end of march, and the year before the one night I was going to go up with my husband I got sick and couldn't go; now I can't go because of pregnant.) I was thinking I could tube with the kids one day in February (2nd tri!!) but my snowpants don't fit me! There might be a pair of my dad's old ones at my parents' house I could use.
  • @starkette 9am seems way early for breakfast to stop being served. Boooooo 

Also, maybe they mean a key lime, because they're about the size of Brussels sprouts. 
  • @starkette I’m sticking with lime because both apps say about 1.5in and that seems closer to lime sized than brussel sprouts
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @betsummerswilliams love that affirmation you’re doing every day.

I’ve turned down genetic testing every time. For us, it’s not something that would make a difference so I completely support forgoing if that’s what feels right for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Thank you, @and_peggy that kind validation made me relax and well up a bit. 
  • @betsummerswilliams I know this must be such an anxious time, trying for such a long time. That little one is lucky to have you!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @bridgiebee82 same for the cramping after a climax. Almost makes it not worth it, almost. Agree with the lovely peace and stillness that comes with fresh snow. Fellow ‘82 baby fyi

@starkette vacation breakfast ending at 9am is truly a tragic story. Hope you two found something yummy!
  • @bridgiebee82 I’m right there with you on the Covid cough… I’m so over it. The inhaler I was prescribed worked for about a week and now I’m back to coughing again.. arg. 

@anniemarie887 Parts of northern Greece do get quite cold and snow in the winter isn’t uncommon up there. Here in Athens, a cold winter day is something like mid-40s, but it’s also typical to have days back up to the 60s. I grew up in NY, and over winters, so this is quite lovely ;) 
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited January 2022
    oh yea after NY that's a delight @zzz2022, we honeymooned in greece back in 2012 (athens, santorini, mykonos) but it was sept, and obvs warm! 

Edit because I can’t spell these days. Delight. Not deligh. 
  • @jenkm1110 I think that’s bizarre they told you at 9 weeks you’re too early to find a heartbeat unless maybe they meant with the Doppler. I know some of us had success with the dr finding the heartbeat early on Doppler but others (like me) not so much. If they meant on US that is simply not true. I saw the heart beat of this baby at 7+6 and I know others have seen the HB in week 6. 
  • @jenkm1110 we’ve been calling ours “tater tot” ever since it was the size of a tater tot last week, I love it 
  • bre2022bre2022 member
    edited January 2022

EDD / Weeks + Days:  9 w 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): TB did not update this for me today :( but tomorrow she/he will be the size of a strawberry :smiley:

Team: finding out 

Upcoming Appointments:  haven't scheduled by second appointment yet, but should be in a couple of weeks

How are you feeling?: tired, and sick at nights :( keep waking up at 2 am 

Rants/Raves:  I have such a consistent routine/balance, that some times it makes me so nervous to think about how I'm going to do this >.<

Questions: any lucky mom whose symptoms have disappeared? It feels like it has been forever 😪 

GTKY- What is your favorite, and least favorite, part of winter? Only silver lining for me is that there are not many get togethers in winter here so it's been easier to keep the secret ;)

• @katiecattherese I would share the news, tentative due date, and reassure that you want to work with him to make sure that the team has everything they need to be prepared for your absence. Ask him for any ideas that he may have that you can start working on; maybe prepare a time line for different check-ins with him as you reach the date, etc. Good luck! 
  • @mehugg Good luck getting the house!!
  • @starkette no apologies necessary, the novel was awesome! Thank you so much! 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 8.2 / 22+ 0

Baby is the size of a(n): plum or lime

Team: Finding out 

Upcoming Appointments: Had one today

How are you feeling?: Melancholy and constipated. 

Rants/Raves: Everything. Insanely overwhelmed, depressed, stressed to the max, feel like I’m constantly throwing myself into a brick wall mentally and emotionally, in multiple aspects of life. Raves…. I guess that I really didn’t have morning sickness… and my 12 week appt went well?! today. 

Questions: too many to list. 

GTKY- What is your favorite, and least favorite, part of winter? I live in NW Flordia so the weather is very pleasant, but its too cold to get into the water at the beach! But- I also miss living in the mountains and SKIING!