June 2022 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight : Bottles

marionberry19marionberry19 member
edited January 2022 in June 2022 Moms
What bottles did you love? Which ones did you hate? If you are a first time mom/haven’t bottle feb before let us know which ones you are looking at. 

Edited to add:
 What product what you like to see next? 

Just a reminder that threads about bottle feeding and breastfeeding are not the place for anyone to give their opinion on what they think is better. 

Re: Product Spotlight : Bottles

• Options
    binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited January 2022
    We used Munchkin Latch with my son and I really liked those. There is a little blue plug thing in the bottle you can remove that helps clean them a bit better too. We will probably use the same bottles with baby #2 as long as he/she tolerates them.

I know they're popular, but I don't like Dr. Browns bottles. There are too many parts and I hate the tall, skinny bottles. 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    I’m a STM but my first refused a bottle & we EBF. However, that’s not an option this time as I have a job away from baby this time. I purchased the comotomo bottles with my first and while I think they’re cool looking and the babies I passed down his unused bottles to thought they were great I actually don’t have experience using them with my own kid. I’m looking at repurchasing those as well as the boon nursh bottles. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried SO many bottles with both kids. A lot of them leaked out of their mouth when feeding. We eventually settled on Comotomo and they worked best for both kids. I like that they are silicone and were easy for babies to hold once they learned how to. And they only have a few pieces to them and were super easy to wash. I think I'll use them again, unless some new amazing bottles came out in the last few years. 

I have lots of friends who preferred Dr. Brown glass bottles also, but I couldn't get on board with washing SO many parts constantly. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    Dr. Browns are the worst for all the pieces! The first two we mostly used Medela since it was easy to go from pump to fridge to baby.  The 3rd we tried every bottle ever and she refused all of them. I would suggest not committing to one brand/style right away until you see what your babe likes.  I remember being super overwhelmed with all the options with my first. 
  • Options
    Somewhat off topic - Thank you @marionberry19 for posting this. I swear I meant to but I feel like I never caught up this week after being sick Monday and Tuesday.
  • Options
    @pinkkillersheep not a problem! I know we talked about wanting to get them going and I figured I’d help out 😂
  • Options
    I liked medela bottles a lot and then ended up switching to Dr. Browns because of gas issues. They helped her a lot but are a pain with all the parts. 
  • Options
    I feel like I remember there being a bottle sample pack with 4-5 bottles from different companies. May not be a bad idea for the new moms or those looking to find a new option.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @binxybaby I have one on my babylist registry! It's a cool idea. 
  • Options
    I am trying glass bottles with natural latex nipples- I bought natursutten (which no other nipples fit- had I known this I might have stuck with hevea) and I bought hevea brand glass bottles as well (medela, dr brown and parents choice nipples fit these as well).

I am also using parents choice stainless steel bottles (both medela or dr brown nipples on screw on). Stainless steel bottles are allowed in daycare, and warm up the fastest in the bottle warmer. And it was $12 for a pack of 2 at Walmart!