May 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms - week of 1/10

Re: Weekly Randoms - week of 1/10

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug aaahh yay! Mine's on Friday (finally!!!) and I'm super nervous I'll have to cancel because we got the dreaded email from daycare...the one announcing covid cases in the building. Thankfully it's not DD's class/age group, but I feel like it's a matter of time before they get hit. Just need to hold out until Friday because if I have to cancel, they may not be able to get me in for another month and I'm already doing this scan so late (22.5 wks). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams FWIW I called my OB office when DD tested positive for covid to see what they wanted me to do. They said since I was vaccinated I could still come if I’m symptom free. Naturally I tested positive / had symptoms 3 days after the appt but, ya know. Hopefully you won’t have to cancel!
  • Options
    @b_1029 ah good to know! Of course DH wouldn't be able to come if she's exposed since he'll need to watch her, but it's better than getting cancelled. You never know how people handle secondary exposures. Our daycare is super strict, and kids aren't allowed if anyone in the house has been exposed, but then some places just go by direct exposure. 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams yep, the only downside is that DH had to stay home with DD. I FaceTimed him which of course wasn’t ideal with a toddler but better than nothing I guess! I assume it varies office by office so definitely worth a call. 
  • Options
    I talked to the nurse at my OB’s office this morning and they’re apparently recommending pregnant people with covid start taking a daily baby aspirin now till delivery? Has anyone else gotten this guidance? It has something to do with blood clots. 
    I’ve been taking a daily aspirin for like 9 years for the same reason (previous medical issue, not just because) but was wondering if anyone else had heard that. 
  • Options
    @b_1029 yeah I’ve definitely heard this recommended both for pregnant and non pregnant covid patients. FYI the the April BMB has a covid thread (I have a couple friends in that month so I pop over there once in a while) and there have been a few that have had it in the last few weeks if you want to check it out. 

How are you feeling today?
  • Options
    Y’all I answered the one off post about Covid that popped up today 😂🙄 Did I do it right? Lol

• Options
    @happynapper interesting, thanks for sharing! I will check out the April thread. I feel ok, I’ve been absurdly thirsty and basically just feel like I have one of the worst colds of my life. Nothing life threatening but congested / runny nose/ hard to breathe while moving around. 
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug  I’m so proud of your response to the flyby post! 
  • Options
    @b_1029 that is the first time i have heard that guidance about pregnancy and Covid. My OB already has me on baby aspirin now through 36 weeks due to my age and the research showing it helps prevent pre-e.
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug I think you did great! If she had poked around at all, she’d notice there are a few of us in the exact same boat right now  / some that have already had it haha 
  • Options
    @And846 I think it would be good to have all covid related things in 1 place! Lord knows it’ll still be here by the time we all deliver!
  • Options
    @And846 def make an all things Covid thread! I have seen that on other BMBs.

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug I hope the AS went well!

Mine is next Tuesday the 18th, and if I have to cancel because I/my family is still sick with covid I’m going to be really really sad. Because I know there is no way they will be able to fit me in for another before we leave the province. They are completely swamped.

I too think the Covid thread is a great idea.

My random is that Baby has been dancing and kicking up a storm these last few days, and I’m glad that he/she is doing ok. Also surely it can’t have anything to do with the absurd amount of ice cream I’ve been eating to help my sore throat. 😂
  • Options
    @fireflyz_56 lol I feel this. I’ve been drinking so much Gatorade and eating so much ice cream these past few days that baby girl is doing jigs in there 😆 
  • Options
    +1 to the covid thread idea - we have one on my other bmb for support and general covid stuff
  • Options
    I think a COVID thread is a great idea! 
  • Options
    @fireflyz_56 it went great! Found out I do indeed have an anterior placenta which I kindof suspected but didn’t really worry over too much until I had like a 3-4 day stretch recently where I didn’t feel any rolling around in there. FX 🤞🏻 you are able to get yours done next week!! And I’m jealous of all the ice cream you and @b_1029 are eating! 😂 Hoping y’all both feel better SOOOON 💜

• Options
    @fireflyz_56 ditto on all the ice cream and baby kicks!

like @MrsLaLaBug i also have a have an anterior placenta and it makes it harder to feel him some days. I did find out that at a karaoke night and at a art exhibit with with loud music. Very reassuring but now back to trying to seek out kicks 
  • Options
    Truly don’t think I’m ever going to sleep again with this insane thirst / dry throat. I set up a humidifier that basically went directly into my mouth and still woke up every 45 min-1.5 hours. I need someone to come knock me out 😩
  • Options
    Anterior placenta here too. Had one with my first as well. Kicks are milder for sure, which sucks more for hubby and my daughters as they don’t get to feel hardly anything. Also, as an FYI, having an anterior placenta can make it slightly more probable that baby will be “spooning” you (like baby’s back toward your back, rather than baby’s back along your belly), which can affect delivery.
  • Options
    I have one baby with a posterior placenta and one with an anterior placenta. Cue me living in constant anxiety because I can feel baby B constantly while baby A is just an occasional blip. I'm always worried something is wrong with A.  :(
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • Options
    who else tries to sleuth on the rando lurkers who post one-offs or suddenly comment on something out of the blue? Like I always side eye when it says “Joined January 2022” or something super recent and immediately feel protective bc of catfishy trolls. I’m a bitch. 😂😂😂😂

• Options
    pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited January 2022
    @MrsLaLaBug I do it every time. It's always people who just joined, have no other posts, or both! The TTGP board has a big problem with random one offs that don't follow the rules of the board, so I'm used to these post and ghosters. 

Also, let's not forget one of the BMBs had a legitimate catfish a couple years ago, so it's definitely in our best interest to keep our eyes open 👀

Eta: and of course we should always welcome those who want to genuinely join in the group! I know people don't always see the intro thread and get excited to dive right in. 
  • Options
    I also have anterior placenta @MrsLaLaBug. I only just started feeling movement, and not consistently. 

Was coming here to say where is the HDBD post? But then I realized it was Tuesday hhaha 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums I thought it was Wednesday all day today too!!! 
  • Options
    Ah, what fun nails @MrsLaLaBug

i can’t wait to carve out some time in my schedule to get a mani/pedi. Lord knows my claws need it 
  • Options
    @And846 it has literally become my favorite mental health positive thing to look forward to every few weeks and is my complete ME time!! I roll up in there with a snack and a coffee or a big sweet tea and just let them pamper away. 😂 It makes me happy and I love letting my kids give me ideas to pick out something fun. 

• Options
    @pajamstagrams yay for a great scan!!! 💜

• Options
    Ugh, I fell again on the snow. It was a very very soft slide into a fall and I was walking so slowly to ensure that I didn't fall, so I have no idea how it even happened. I will admit that I am a typically clumsy person not being pregnant, but I feel like this is gotta be the most I've fallen ever in the wintertime. I immediately ordered the yak tracks for walking the rest of the season. 

I'm waiting for my midwife to call me back and hoping I don't need to head into the hospital again for full monitoring, especially since he's been moving around since the fall, it was softer than last time, and I am in 0 pain. 

Definitely felt embarrassed when calling and saying "so I fell for the second time in one week."  🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    Oh gosh @karisahamdi! Girl you just take it easy for the rest of the day!! Glad you got the yak traks to help you! 

• Options
    Oh @karsahamdi you need to wrap yourself in some bubble wrap when you go outside to brave the elements! 
  • Options
    @karisahamdi no 😩 I’m sorry you fell again, glad you aren’t feeling any pain or anything. 
  • Options
    @karisahamdi oh no! I hope the yak traks work ok. It is not fun being pregnant in winter.

• Options
    @karisahamdi how are you feeling after the fall and call to the midwife?