April 2022 Moms
Options

Fit Mom Friday 1/7

Time for the week’s least popular thread lol

Fit Mom Friday is a fun way to help us on our healthy pregnancy goals. Fit is whatever it means to you!

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): 

Week's Successes:

Week's Challenges: 

GTKY: If you were a potato what form would you be?

Re: Fit Mom Friday 1/7

• Options
    Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Continue workouts 3-5x/week to prep for L&D and quick recovery (and stress relief)

Week's Successes: Got cleared by my MFM on Wednesday after all the drama over my stupid cervix, so I did yoga yesterday and a short strength/cardio circuit today

Week's Challenges: Every day is just a new lesson in humility for me! How little it takes for me to get winded and my heart racing, how much less I can depend on my core strength, how tame my workouts seem now than before. But I feel like that’s just how pregnancy goes: It’s not that I’m weak, it’s just that I have new definitions of what strength looks like, and even on the days when I don’t work out I am still enough. 

GTKY: If you were a potato what form would you be? Tater tot: Short, a little round, and pretty crunchy lol
  • Options
    @aloha_mama yay! I’m happy for you!

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): workout 3-5x

Week's Successes: 3 workouts! 3 days in a row! (Not 3 workouts each day, let’s be clear, I’m still just making the minimum here haha) Hoping to keep the streak up tomorrow too. 

Week's Challenges: I was pretty uncomfortable Monday and Tuesday with BH but otherwise, the week has been fine. 

GTKY: If you were a potato what form would you be? Hahaha. I have no idea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Eat nutritious foods for baby and perform yoga and exercises weekly aimed toward preparing my body for a healthy labor and birth!

Week's Successes: Daily walks x5 during my lunch break (even though they need to be shortened to modify for my shortness of breath), and yoga 2x this week. I still have a hard time eating certain foods (usually the healthier ones 🤦🏽‍♀️) that I’ve had aversions to for months now, but overall I’ve been slowly getting back to eating more vegetables and meats which is a win! 🎉 I was also inspired by @hoosiermamajayden to begin the Spinning Babies exercises daily from their website!

Week's Challenges: I struggled to motivate myself to do yoga after work this week— I’m training a new grad who just started this week and I’m coming home completely drained and unable to function. 🙈 

GTKY: If you were a potato what form would you be? Hmmm maybe a loaded baked potato?— versatile, goes with anything, and works with whatever you throw on it 😂

• Options
    Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): I don’t even know anymore. 

Week's Successes: I got my 3-4 days in between Pilates and walking— I think. All the weeks are running together.

Week's Challenges: it’s cold and I’m tired 

GTKY: If you were a potato what form would you be? Ooh those round crispy hash brown bites 
  • Options
    @aloha_mama Glad you’re cleared to work out again and that your cervix is looking okay! 

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Stay somewhat active to make labor easier, minimize extra weight gain, and be able to get back into races after birth. 

Week's Successes: Just 1 run/walk. It was the first one since my half and boy did it hurt! But I got out there and did it. 

Week's Challenges: My stomach is starting to feel heavy when I run, and my lower legs (shin area) swoll up this time. I should probably incorporate some lower impact exercises. 

GTKY: If you were a potato what form would you be? Lol such a random and fun question! I think a curly fry. Well seasoned and a little different 😎