June 2022 Moms

January Randoms

Apparently it’s already January. I feel like that’s debatable but who am I to argue. 

Re: January Randoms

• Has anyone purchased a maternity winter coat? If so, where? My normal winter coat is getting a bit tight around the belly and it is time to size up.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • I can't find a good maternity coat this time around, so I gave up. Last pregnancy I bought one 2 sizes up as I was due around this time, so I was much larger. I'm shocked that it's barely fitting me already! I have a lighter sports/terry coat that's a bit stretchy that I will wear with layers underneath to hold me over until spring. With my first I was due in January also, so I wore layers under my regular coat that was not zipping and just put a big scarf over the front to keep warm. Not ideal, but I refuse to buy a coat for 2 months. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Well I live in coastal California so I just have to wear a raincoat sometimes as it’s like 50 degrees here most days so mostly I just wear fuzzy sweaters. 
  • Also, would anyone be interested in starting like a exercise check in/accountability thread? I need to get moving now that I have some energy back but I am not feeling motivated and work well with peer pressure hahaha. 
  • @marionberry19 Yes, that's a good idea. I really need to start exercising. 
  • @binxybaby I ended up sizing up because it’s impossible to find a good quality maternity coat that isn’t $300+. I’m in Maine, so it’s already pretty cold here. I used my purse as a fake belly when I tried coats on in store lol. It feels huge now but it’ll get me through the winter hahaha. 
  • I had the same issue! I couldn't find a maternity coat that I liked so I just bought a gently used extender (make my belly fit brand) and love it!
  • @maddieftm what is this extender you speak of? It sounds like I need it too if it will allow me to wear my regular coat! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• I fear we’ve lost @daisy0322 (hope she’s ok!) so I’m going to start a few other monthly threads. I forget what all we agreed on but I’m going to do Mental Health, Symptoms, and Cravings/Crying. I also want to steal July’s Product Spotlight and start one for carriers because I want to know y’all’s answers lol. What day/frequency makes sense for a Product Spotlight thread?

I can start a Healthy Habits thread on Mondays when I do the check in thread if y’all would like. TTGP had one for goal/intention setting that sounds like the exercise accountability thread. Or I’m happy to let someone else take the lead on it!
  • @pinkkillersheep I think we have enough products to get through before baby shower time it should be at least weekly. 
  • I just tested positive for Covid  :'( We were supposed to leave for Disney tomorrow. Physically I feel like I have a terrible cold made worse by hours of sobbing about how I ruined our trip and exposed a few people over lunch yesterday. This new wave is everywhere. Ugh. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • edited January 2022
    I’m so sorry @bww_0331. You’re not alone and it’s definitely not your fault. Sending you many positive vibes as you recover  <3
  • @bww_0331 I hope you have a quick recovery! So sorry about your trip. We cancelled ours cause it just seemed like too much to travel right now. Hopefully you can reschedule and have a blast once things settle down. 
  • maddieftmmaddieftm member
    edited January 2022
    Tulips29 said:
    @maddieftm what is this extender you speak of? It sounds like I need it too if it will allow me to wear my regular coat! 
    @Tulips29 it allows you to wear your regular coat! It just adds some material between the zippers - I'm loving mine! The one I got also can be used to baby-wear - so I'm planning on using it next winter too!

@bww_0331 that's really sad about the trip, I can't imagine how disappointed you must be. But you're right - it's everywhere so it definitely isn't your fault at all, just bad luck. I hope you recover quickly!
  • Thanks everyone.  We booked through an official Disney agent so we are rescheduled for mid February.  We want to go before our youngest turns 3 at the beginning of March since he has free tickets right now. 3 of the 4 of us are now symptomatic but it has stayed mild so far.  10 days out of daycare starts when/if our oldest develops symptoms otherwise we can go back the 19th.  It's going to be a long couple weeks cooped inside.
  • @bww_0331 I'm so sorry to hear. Don't blame yourself as this is happening to everyone it seems, just a matter of time when everyone catches it. Most important is your family recovers quickly and you can enjoy your trip in February. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @maddieftm thank you! Coincidentally, my SIL was telling me about her extender this weekend. I totally have seen them before but I never looked into it much previously to have it register well in my head, so I feel like I had a brain freeze when I read your comment lol. The baby wearing ones look nice and comfy though, so might be good for next winter. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @bww_0331 Oh no! I hope you start feeling better really soon! Also really sorry about your Disney vacation. ☹ Disney is the best so I hope you're able to reschedule!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • I’ll get a healthy habits thread going tonight or tomorrow. I got food poisoning last night/this morning and haven’t gotten very much sleep yet. Been a rough day.
  • @bww i'm sorry you're going through that. Hope you recover fast and can reschedule your trip. 
    @pinkkillersheep Hope you feel better! 
  • @pinkkillersheep food poisoning is brutal, I am so sorry.  I hope you feel better and get some rest soon.
  • @bww_0331 thinking of you! How are you feeling?
  • @pinkkillersheep @bww_0331 I hope you both are feeling better! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Has anyone noticed that they are more sensitive to the surfaces they're sitting on? I might be totally mistaken (please tell me if I'm nuts!) but sitting on my couch for a show before bed has become so incredibly uncomfortable this last week. I've only gained two pounds so I don't think it's significant changes in my body, but now all of the sudden my bottom and then legs literally go numb after sitting on the couch for more than 15 minutes. It doesn't happen anywhere else I sit. I don't have any back pain or a history of back issues so don't think that's the issue but I'm really at a loss! Any ideas? 
  • @hillies22
    I’m experiencing that but more with clothing against my skin. So many sweaters & leggings feel scratchy when they haven’t before. Hahaha… ugh. I’ve had to undress in the middle of the night just because my shirt or pants feel pokey. I was wondering too if it was a pregnancy thing. So odd but maybe there’s an explanation to these things.. I bet we aren’t alone. 
    Pregnancy is already uncomfortable … hopefully it changes & get better for you. 
  • @idreamofginny thanks for checking in. Mostly I’m just exhausted. It’s hard to “feel better” trying to work 8 hours a day + take care of two kids at home. So I just feel rundown. 
  • @hillies22, I’m like @babybump3coming and don’t like the way clothes feel.  Stuff feels tight, or pulls, is too low, too high, has a tag haha, you name it. 

I just impulsively bought more stuff from Seraphine.  I can’t believe it’s taken me 4 pregnancies to get stuff from there. I wish I realized before now that almost all of their stuff is meant for postpartum as well so it makes it worth it, especially on sale.  And this is PSA to make sure you have stuff for postpartum.  Buy a size up and get stuff that makes you feel good bc at least for me it’s rough mentally not fitting in anything and feeling so awkward in your own skin. 
  • Has anyone tried to order the Covid tests from the government? I got an error message that tests for my address were already ordered but we haven’t ordered any. Anyone else having this happen? 
  • @KFrob I ordered mine this morning and it worked fine on my end.
  • @shoarmie99 I’m really hoping it was something like my dad went and did it for me and not some sort of scam or glitch.  The tests are so hard to come by and we just got notice from daycare the kids can’t come with even the slightest sniffle without a negative test. 
  • hillies22hillies22 member
    edited January 2022
    @kfrob @babybump3coming I figured out that it was the specific sectional cushion I was sitting on because my husband had the same problem when we switched seats. Have no idea why but that one is much harder, so it wasn't just in my head! But I absolutely hear what both of you are saying about clothing. I cannot stand most of my lace underwear that have seams in the front. Never used to bother me in years of wearing them and now it's literally like nails on a chalkboard! 
  • @KFrob DH says he was able to earlier today. Hopefully people aren’t scamming the system but I guess I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that’s happening.
  • @KFrob Ok, I jumped on the Seraphine train as well. A bit annoyed they charge for shipping, but I'll get over it. Hoping the stuff I ordered fits! And I was able to order the tests yesterday as well. I got for my parents also and forgot to tell them initially and my mom kept getting an error message saying an order already exists for their address. Hoping it's the same for you and someone in your family ordered for you as well. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 paying for shipping does stink! I usually avoid websites that charge but at least it’s free returns and it comes super fast! I’m hoping we just magically get our tests in the mail haha. 
  • I can no longer sit in my chair comfortably all day long. My chair at home is perfectly fine, but everything down there just feels so uncomfortable, like I'm sitting on a bunch of bricks. I may need a cushion, just weird how I was fine sitting in it for over a year until I got pregnant. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Ok maternity clothes, again.
    I’m having problems trying to figure out what to buy as in buy winter clearance or try and find spring/summer stuff. Because the weather in the Midwest will have it snowing and 80 degrees the same week in May. 
  • @fluttering my last babe was born May 5th so it was similar timing.  I wasn’t super prepared for some wonky hot spring weather but luckily DD2 was an Oct baby so I had some summer stuff to get me through. I was definitely not prepared with postpartum clothes for the summer.  This time around I grabbed some maternity bike shorts, tanks and tees I’ve been wearing under sweaters, and some empire waist dresses and elastic waist skirts that I can wear after the baby is born also. 
  • @fluteling My work office is perpetually cold so I went with buying sweaters since I’ll wear them through the spring anyway. I’ve also just kind of decided I will end up spending more on maternity clothes than I can get use out of so I’m making myself feel better by saying I will donate them gently used.
  • binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited January 2022
    Baby was kicking super hard today and I asked my husband if he wanted to feel. He said no. I keep thinking about it and how irritated I am that he didn't want to feel. I guess not everyone revels in baby kicks, but dude! Be a bit more excited.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @binxybaby Even if he's not excited he could pretend!