May 2022 Moms
Options

GTKY Tuesday - 1/4

Did you grow up with/go to school with anyone famous?
Are you related to/distantly related to anyone famous?
Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met? 

Re: GTKY Tuesday - 1/4

• Options
    Mm, this took a little thought but actually I have 2. I went to high school with Morgan Radford, who's on Good Morning America. While we weren't friends in high school, I remember her being just as upbeat and friendly as she seems on TV. And my husband has a childhood friend who was on Ms. Congeniality. He was the little kid that gets beat up in the first scene. His name is Eric Goldberg. He's done some other shows since then and is a really cool guy in person. 
  • Options
    All my “connections” if you can call it that are in the athletic world. One of my college roommates was on the USA Olympic team for swimming. My cousin was a pitcher for the Cubs and a couple other baseball teams. I met Michael Phelps once 😆
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to jr. high with Ian Somerhalder. 💋💋💋He’s a year ahead of me but then went to private high school. And yes, he was just as scrumptious way back then! 
    My cousin is a well-known playwright in Atlanta and he also writes for the Hallmark Channel. If that counts as famous lol! 😂
    I’ve met Tommy Lee Jones and DH has met Renee Zellweger(both were filming movies here).

• Options
    I don’t think I went to school with anyone who became famous, and no one famous in my family either.

I used to work for a local paper a few years ago, so I once got to meet Bruce Croxon from Dragon’s Den, which was very cool. I also met Justin Trudeau back when he was campaigning to be prime minister. Oh and many many years ago we won concert tickets, and my brother and I got to go backstage to meet Brad Paisley after his concert. It was awesome and I still have a photo of the 3 of us. 😁
  • Options
    I went to middle/high school with the EDM DJ NGHTMRE. I don’t listen to EDM so I had no idea he had made it big but apparently he has 😂 he was a year or two behind me, but I was good friends with his older brother (who is now his manager) for a while. I do remember my sophomore year in college, he came with a bunch of us on a trip to visit some friends at a different school and he was just breaking into the DJ scene and spent the entire trip high lol.

Another friend of mine from high school isn’t “famous”, but he is a light designer and designs shows for and has toured with Taylor Swift, Shania Twain, he does almost all the iHeartRadio concerts, and a bunch of other similar things.

Trying to think of famous people I have met but I’m drawing a blank 😂 A handful of minor athletes for the most part. Russel Wilson was in a college class with me before he transferred to Wisconsin. I met Michelle Kwan at a hockey game (her husband played for our local team). Idk I met some ‘96 Olympians at the summer games in Atlanta because my dad was working with the Olympic Committee. 
  • Options
    My closest connection to a famous person is that my brother took Kristen Bell to homecoming in High School. They did theater together as teenagers and had a brief fling in high school!
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • Options
    @jackdetroit That is veryyyyy cool
  • Options
    A lot of my connections to "famous people" are in Nashville. We (my now-ex and I, then our son) lived in middle TN, and my ex was/is a drummer, so we were in Nashville - on the strip and Music Row a lot. I've met and talked with quite a few big names, some when they were just up-and-coming. 
    Brad Paisley has to be my absolute favorite - he was the sweetest, nicest guy, and I still have a legit guitar-playing crush on him.
    Taylor Swift had to be the WORST. From that meeting/audition, I still cannot bring myself to like her to this day. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    I didn't go to school with anyone or have a relation to anyone famous, but I have met a handful of celebrities. 

In middle school, my best friend's mom was a producer for ESPN and took us to the celebrity basketball game to be ball girls. I was sooooo excited to meet Jamie Foxx, but he was super rude. It was very disappointing.  James Denton was the nicest human ever. I have some very embarrassing photos with all of the following people (besides Jamie Foxx because he refused to take photos with us). 

Mark Whalberg was also filming a movie in Boston when I lived there and on my walk home I walked past his car at a red light and we waved to each other.