Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Help…

Went to the emergency room on NYE. My boyfriend and I had sex night previously and I ended up with some light spotting before bed. I didn’t stress at first until the next morning, I was covered. I couldn’t understand so we went straight to the hospital. Waited five, six hours to be told either I am perfectly fine and going to have a baby, or I am having an ectopic pregnancy. We won’t know until time passes.
My first doctor’s appointment was for today (Monday). Ended up being treated like I was lying the whole time. They were more worried about insurance than helping me. Doctor nearly lost mind over fact I was prescribed an inhaler without being asthmatic. Kept reasking day of last period and if I was “sure” (probably asked that five times by nurse, argued with doctor with two period apps open). Even tried to accuse me of giving the wrong phone number. Overall horrible experience.
Anywho, rant over sorry, before the doctor ran out, the only “answer” he could give me was a possible blight ovum and that should help me not stress about having a miscarriage. Sent me for labs, while telling me that he wouldn’t do an ultrasound because it would “cost me too much”.
I’m just at a lost, and really fricken confused what to make of any of this. I’m attempting to make an appointment with my old OBGYN. Only reason I went to this one was because my boyfriend’s sister and all her friends go to him (and he delivered their kids!) so I had high hope. My original ob I had only been to one time before, and boy do I feel like a fool for going somewhere else.
Can anyone point me where to think? What do I make of all of this? What questions do I ask? TIA for anything

Re: Help…

• I'm sorry you've had bad experiences.  ER's aren't the best place for threatened MCs, as they aren't experts.  So I'd take whatever they told you with a grain of salt.  I can't give much more information without knowing how far along you are.  However, I can tell you that if you are going to MC, there's nothing you can do to stop it or change the outcome.  So in a way the doctor is right that it would/could be costly to do an ultrasound that could be unnecessary/unhelpful, depending on how far along you are. 

Usually if you are before 7 weeks, the way they would determine if a PG is viable is by doing HCG Beta quants every 48 hours to see if your HCG level doubles.  After 7 weeks, then they could do an ultrasound and look for a heartbeat to see if the PG appears viable.  

I'd definitely look into a different doctor, with the experience you've had!
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.