August 2022 Moms
Options

Covid During Pregnancy

zoekay123zoekay123 member
edited December 2021 in August 2022 Moms
Hello All,

My husband, 15 month old and myself tested positive for covid. It’s been rough (Aches, fever, ER, etc) With rising cases, I am starting this discussion for others to share their experience with covid while pregnant or with a little one. My first appt isn’t until next month so praying baby is growing and developing well.

Re: Covid During Pregnancy

• Options
    Hey knottie! Sorry to hear you’ve got Covid. Hope
    you all recover quickly. It would be great if you could change your name to something more personal so we can get to know you better. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    This is a great place for all covid related conversation to come! Thank you for starting this thread and I hope you feel better soon. There have been a couple others here who have had covid recently so they could probably reassure you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds rough! I hope you feel better soon and everything is ok!
  • Options
    anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited December 2021
    Hi, so I tested positive 12/22, got monoclonal antibodies 12/23. My symptoms were a runny nose, that’s it. The most my temp has elevated is 99.6, which actually happened today even tho I feel fine otherwise. I started testing negative on rapids 12/24, 12/25, and 12/27. I am not high risk, nor do I have any autoimmune issues that we are aware of, but my OB is very aggressive re treatment and even tho I felt fine had me do the antibody injection. 

I was vaxed j&j 3/8/21, had what we assume was delta end of July, boosted moderna 11/8, and had what we assume was omicron 12/22. 

I’ve had moments where I’ve felt tired: but like I have 2 yo, she’s home out of Montessori, I’m trying to work and I’m pregnant. So am I tired bc of covid? Or bc of life?
  • Options
    Oh wow, what a journey! I hope you’re feeling better. I feel seen I am tireddd because of life during a pandemic. My son is home as well. He caught covid from daycare and now my house has it. Having baby #1 in 2020 and Getting ready for #2 as a enter another year of this is stressful.
  • Options
    Thanks! I changed it but it doesn’t seem to reflect on here yet
  • Options
    Sometimes you have to logout and log back in. It only worked for me when I downloaded the app and changed it on there, then logged in again online.
  • Options
    I know several others have had covid over the last month or so. I tested positive today after returning from travels.  Mild symptoms (sore throat and slight congestion). Any recommendations for natural remedies to keep symptoms down? I'm drinking eccinachea tea, taking raw garlic, drinking hot lemon water, lots of fruit, kale salad for dinner tonight.. No fever as of yet! Any tips are appreciated!
  • Options
    @kbtt2022 I was told to take extra vitamin C. As for throat, I would suggest a spoon of honey or extra honey in your tea. I also ended up needing to take some Tylenol for my headaches and for the fever I had. I hope you’re on the mend quickly!!
  • Options
    @kbtt2022 I may preemptive the fever with Tylenol. Hopefully your symptoms stay mild. Drink as much water as you can stomach. Good luck and feel better!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @kbtt2022 I wouldn't take eccinacea while pregnant. There's just no data on it because it isn't FDA approved. You should ask your doctor first. 

Cepacol was my best friend when I had a bad sore throat for a few days around Christmas.
  • Options
    @wisewitch222 really? Everything I found said it's OK. 1 of 6 safe herbs during pregnancy.  Always so much contradiction it's overwhelming! I've been waiting on a call back from my doctor office since yesterday.  I'll definitely ask!
  • Options
    @kbtt2022 My first doctor's office when I was pregnant said not to take it. (I love Throat Coat Tea normally, though.) Basically the thing with herbs is that none of them are FDA approved so they might be fine, or they might not be fine, but we don't actually know. I have heard that ecchinacea is one of the iffier ones, though. Doctors have access to these databases full of studies, though, so sometimes if you ask a doctor about something that's not recommended in pregnancy they can do a little research for you and tell you what they recommend specifically for you. (My doctor did that with Allegra, which is also not recommended in pregnancy, but what she found advised me I could take it = *****that last bit is not medical advice! Don't take Allegra unless your doctor says you can!!****)