August 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 12/27

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 12/27

• @paytonpedro that’s frustrating. I’m sorry you feel like your health is getting pushed down as the non important thing right now. For what it’s worth, I bet most mom would feel like they’re on the back burner. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited December 2021
    I’m totally with @and_peggy with this one. And we also have a search function too for when the question thread gets to be pages long. But presumptively it will be the majority of us who see this board through and if the same question gets asked 5 times in the question thread that’s better than seeing 5 different one offs with 2-3 responses that bury other more important posts. 

Eta-all the one off posts so far, the op never responded to the responses she got. Maybe I’m just cranky today but that’s annoying to me much more when you feel special enough to make your own post than post in questions and then not respond. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @coco2787 I also don't mind the specific question posts. In my 2015 BMB we had them along with the normal dailies and weeklies. Then when I came back for a 2018 BMB everything was funneled into the general threads and it felt kind of intimidating like you had to really do your homework searching all the threads before you asked your question to make sure it wasn't asked before and did just didn't notice, even if you participate regularly. 
  • I agree the drive bys are annoying but those people don’t read any pinned posts so board rules won’t do anything to prevent that. This board has been up over a month now and we barely have 2 pages of posts so I don’t think clutter is *that* much of a concern. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @paytonpedro I’m sorry, that’s so frustrating. 

Our r district just made the call to switch back to virtual learning due to the huge Covid spike. I support the decision but it’s still so frustrating. I just want my kids to have a normal
    childhood 😫 And now we need childcare for Monday because I don’t want to bring my son to my ultrasound or have to go to the appointment alone. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @coco2787 it’s really not worth debating because, as you said, it’s still going to happen. I was just pointing out we already have posts for pretty much everything that the one off posts have asked and if it can be asked in the big question thread, it should;  exception being the Covid post because that’s relevant to everyone.

And as @paytonpedro stated, most of the OPs haven’t even come back to acknowledge the people that responded. So that’s cool. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @coco2787 Our teachers union is trying to stop in person learning this week, and we just found out that our daycare has been hit, several teachers and students are positive and nearly everyone there has been exposed. They won’t have enough staff to open this week. I feel like I’m back to March 2020 when our kids were home 24/7 for 6 months, my mental health was in the toilet and I was hanging on by a thread. I really hope this spike moves quickly and things are looking better really soon 🤞🏼 
  • I’m with @and_peggy and @paytonpedro on the organizational front. We can start to make some more specific subcategories - my Dec 2019 was super active, and I moderate our private board we still keep pretty damn organized. I do really like it. 

I know in the past we’ve had sun boards for like baby items, baby showers, specific to STM+, I think it would make sense to start some like that. 
  • @anniemarie887 I feel like having more sub threads might be helpful in increasing the activeness on this board.

I think it probably didn't help that our board basically started right before the holiday season so people (like myself) were very busy dealing with the holidays and didn't have time to focus on the board. I know I didn't even have internet access last week so my participation dwindled considerably. I'm hoping things will overall pick up now that the holidays are over and if we start doing more daily interactive threads.