1st Trimester

COVID Booster in first trimester + menstrual changes

Anyone on here get vaxxed during their pregnancy (in first trimester) that also noticed the vaccine mess with their menstrual cycle? 12 weeks pregnant and terrified to get the vax after the first 2 caused extremely heavy and long periods. But COVID is exploding and scared to wait too long. Thanks so much!

Re: COVID Booster in first trimester + menstrual changes

• I got covid shots before pregnancy, no changes in my cycle and got pregnant really easily when we started trying 6 months later. I got my booster a few weeks ago, I'm 8 weeks pregnant and have had zero issues.
  • I haven’t been boosted but the vax also caused my cycle to be crazy. I had two periods in the same month for two cycles in a row. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I definitely think the vax caused them as that never happens to me. But everyone seems to respond differently.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Knottie18342975 I didn't have any menstrual changes with the first vaccine (but felt like I l had been ran over by a truck, had fever and other symptoms for a day), so I was nervous about getting my booster. I got it at 5 weeks pregnant (also scared by so many positive cases around me) and had no problems. My husband just had covid this week, and while I had a mild cough, I'm feeling fine. I'm really grateful I got the booster. 
  • I am getting over the wonderful omnicron right now. My fertility dr suggested the booster in February, as it’s good for 6 months and will cover me through the month I’m due. 
  • Had my booster at 6w3d and I was too exhausted to be nauseous for the day, which was a boon, and had that pesky sore arm, but that’s it.
  • Hi- I’m in the same boat as you. I had the vaccine and it caused a skin reaction and my perios to come  late and before I had never had a late period. My doctors don’t  believe me and bc I am a health care worker in NY I am being forced to get it. I don’t know what to do.