Chit Chat
Options

Santa or no Santa?

When I was a kid, I was told Santa was real and I was excited every Christmas eve and we'd leave the cookies and milk out, etc. 
It didn't stick in my memory finding out Santa wasn't real, it didn't seem to affect my sister and brother either. 
But my friend Hated her parents after finding she was lied to and I've talked to a handful of other people where it bothered them. 

What do you think---Is it better to keep the imagination of the season but possibly risk a child's anger, or to not promote the idea of Santa? 

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!! 

Re: Santa or no Santa?

• Options
    When I was a kid, I was told Santa was real and I was excited every Christmas eve and we'd leave the cookies and milk out, etc. 
    It didn't stick in my memory finding out Santa wasn't real, it didn't seem to affect my sister and brother either. 
    But my friend Hated her parents after finding she was lied to and I've talked to a handful of other people where it bothered them. 

What do you think---Is it better to keep the imagination of the season but possibly risk a child's anger, or to not promote the idea of Santa? 

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!! 
    I never hated my parents for letting us believe in Santa.  It is what keeps the season magical, IMO.  

With my kiddo, I always said "the spirit and magic of Christmas is what you believe in your heart and mind."  So when she became old enough and started asking, I would just tell her that phrase until it clicked one day.  

It was then she knew the true meaning of Santa and the Christmas spirit.  
  • Options
    I love everything Christmas, looking forward to Santa!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both for replying.  I enjoyed the excitement around presents and family being around. When it came down to it, the existence of Santa or parents lying about Santa, didn't really matter 😊🎅