Breastfeeding
Options

Oversupply trouble

I have an oversupply of milk. I know, many would say I am lucky, but honestly it is terrible always being held hostage by engorged boobs and having baby gulp and struggle with the amount of milk. I am 3 months postpartum so I was hoping it would regulate. I am concerned that I am drowning my baby in milk. She is in the 98+percentile for weight and I am really worried about her. I have done block feeding and it works for a day. I use cabocreme and that helps until I try to take a day off from using it. I am now trying no more milk tea once a day. Anybody have success stories? Thank you! 

Re: Oversupply trouble

• Options
    Hi there! I did some research. I see block feeding was something you are trying that is probably a really good start. I also read you can pump a little first to help relieve a hard let down. How frequently are you nursing and for how long?

I have read that using a cool cabbage leaf can help bring that down a bit. Also trying different nursing positions can help with slowing the milk let down such as side lying or Over the shoulder: The breast/chestfeeding parent can lie on their back with their head on a pillow and have the baby approach the breast/chest on its tummy, from over the shoulder. The baby's body should also be supported by a pillow to bring it up to the needed height.

Have you been to a Lactation consultant?

I am training to become a consultant and I need to help people for free. I am happy to assist you further if you are interested!