Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 12/20

edited December 2021 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: [someone send me a good gtky and i'll edit this!]
History
I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.

Re: TFAS w/o 12/20

• Options
    What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 4/4 AL

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Meh. I'm not sure I even want to be hopeful anymore. I'm glad for the holidays to keep me busy and hopefully make the majority of this cycle fly by. 

Any questions? Not today

Rant/Rave? My DD is so excited about Christmas! I love watching her experience new things and get excited about traditions I love. She has gotten into it a lot more this year as she has been able to help wrap presents, be my baking assistant, and pick out gifts for people she loves. Absolutely magical.
  • Options
    @abjm0325 It sounds so adorable that your DD is getting all in the Christmas spirit! Seeing Christmas though DS is one of my most favorite things and it makes it all that much more magical!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 5/6AL

WTO/TWW? Benched this cycle

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Welp, DH and I are not trying and I have not tracked a damn thing, however we might have had some make-up "fun" last night. Today is CD11 and I typically O between 12-13 so... I thought about maybe taking my temp or doing an OPK but have decided to stick to not trying so we shall see how things go.

Any questions? Not right now

Rant/Rave? Why is it that I can get DS a million presents and still feel like I didn't get him anything? He does not need anything and we have a huge family so he will be getting more than we can even hold, but I still feel this way. Being a mom is so weird sometimes. 

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • Options

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? Benched

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 21 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just trying to start getting used to the TTC cycle again! MH and I are waiting to start trying, but my body went all kinds of wonky after DS was born, and I BF for a year  so I’m really not even a year into cycles yet! I’m going to start OPK and BBT once AF leaves. 

Any questions? Did your bodies take a while to reset post baby? Or am I just going to be different now? 

Rant/Rave? So ready for Christmas. I’ve been in charge of everything because MH is working today yet. Our sitter is off this week, and I’m off of school. This SAHM gig is not for me! I snapped at MH last night and made him do all the dishes from dinner while I put DS down for the night. Im exhausted this year! 

• Options
    @abjm0325 that’s adorable how into Christmas DD is! I feel like DS is starting to understand Christmas this year, which is so fun! He has been excited about his advent calendar every day. 

@tessiesmom26 glad you got in some makeup fun! Lol. We are trying to play catch up right now… our sex life took a big hit this past year. So I feel that! 😂 don’t make yourself crazy! 
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 Yay for random "fun" time! Definitely a necessity in this stressful process. I feel the same way about gifts for DD. I bought her plenty, but I think because I finished shopping early it feels like I should have bought more, haha.

@ejoseph16 What kind of different are you talking about? My cycles came back somewhat similar to what they were pre-baby, but BF definitely messed with things for a bit. I hope you get to relax some this weekend with your H around! Being a SAHM is not for the faint of heart (I say as not a SAHM). 
  • Options
    @abjm0325 I mean my cycles are around 32-35 day cycles, and I used to be more like 28-30 days. And my bleeding is so different. I can’t figure out my ovulation at all. Then again I haven’t fully tracked, so hopefully actually tracking I’ll figure it back out! 
    **I should include that I had serious complications after childbirth. So maybe that threw me off? Not sure. 
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 Hmm, mine returned to pretty similar length and bleeding afterward but I was actively TTA for several years so it is possible I just wouldn't have noticed something different at the beginning? Sorry I can't offer any insight, but it is definitely possible BF messed with/is messing with O (which is why people falsely assume BF works as birth control).