August 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 12/20

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 12/20

• Oh my Lord. I switched my prenatal from smartie pants gummies to the capsule because they already have the iron in them. Omg they’re terrible. How does anyone take these? I was gagging just trying to get it down and I’ve been burping up the terribleness of it for an hour now. I wanted to take them at night but I don’t think I’ll be able to remember. Does anyone else take these and have a pro tip to get them down? Yuck!
  • @paytonpedro I take mine at night. I set a daily reminder on my phone (along with reminders for all my other IVF meds). I don’t k is how to prevent the burp taste, but maybe take them with juice instead of water?
  • Loading the player...
  • @daffodil_shoe I’m think juice might help a little. It’s seriously so gross. Lol. I’ll have to set myself a reminder. 
  • @paytonpedro Like @daffodil_shoe, I take mine at night right before I go to bed. If I take it during the day it makes me nauseated, even taking it with a meal.
  • Does anyone else not have a ton of symptoms yet? I know I'm one of the earlier pregnancies (EDD 8/22), but I only *just* started feeling nauseated today. Lack of symptoms always makes me nervous :/ I'm probably over thinking it since I'm just now 5+0 but gahhhh. So, so anxious for my first US next Monday.
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited December 2021
    Deleted bc wrong response!
  • @paytonpedro I, too, take mine at night (7pm) right after or during dinner and have a nighly alarm. We're so used to it now, my 9 y.o. will go get the pill if he hears it. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I got one a day prenatald because I take their dailies normally and they are fine. The capsules I bought make me so sick. I'm going to swing by my local store and get their brand after my shift today. I took their brand with success last time. 
  • @aukeev I’m 5 weeks today as well and don’t feel many symptoms other than being more tired and hungry than usual. Typically 6 weeks is when things really start to ramp up. However, my last pregnancy my only symptom basically the entire time was constipation and a little heartburn so it’s definitely possible to have a pretty easy pregnancy! 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @aukeev six weeks today and nothing beyond the boobs and twinges and minimal constipation. My first two pregnancies I didn't start to feel sick until seven weeks so I'm assuming that will be the case this time too. 
  • @paytonpedro I still take the gummies for the same reason - the capsules are so hard to get down!  Taking them with juice is a good idea though, the vitamin C helps with iron absorption.
  • @aukeev not a ton of symptoms yet either! I'm 5w 1d and EDD is 8/21, so we are in similar boats. Hard not to worry a bit. I'm glad your ultrasound is coming up soon! Mine will be sometime between 1/10 and 1/21.

• Very far behind, but I’m back! I’ll try to keep up as the week progresses ☺️
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @paytonpedro I had to take iron pills in addition to my prenatal for half of my first pregnancy and hated the burping horribleness. I don't have advice but I do have sympathy. And I really hope I won't have to take them this time!
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Where are my IVF peeps at? I don’t have to do progesterone shots anymore! (Still doing .2mL estrogen shot every 3 days). The first PIO (sesame oil) gave me a rash. Then tried two doses of injectable compounded progesterone, both times leaving me with large, painful welts. So now they overnighted me lozenges to do 3x/day! They smell delicious, like grape soda. Unfortunately they don’t taste as good as they smell, but at least my booty can heal. I’m also still doing Endometrin 3x/day.
  • Due to this being a surrogacy, I get lots of labs to check hCG, progesterone, and estrogen. These were my hCG labs:
    4w3d 243
    4w5d 896
    5w5d 5348

Next up is progesterone & estrogen labs as well as an ultrasound next Wednesday!
  • I couldn’t see my self splurging on a Doona, but I’ve had my eye on them (3rd baby).
    I molded the idea to my husband and I think it worked 😏😅😜
    We have a odyssey. I told him with baby #3, we’ll have to put up the third row, drastically cutting our trunk space. With that, we won’t really have room to throw a car seat in the back for errands or when/if we have our dog in the van since she rides in the very back. 
    So….. maybe! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Made the decision not to see my sister on Christmas. Her and her fiance went to a concert, which apparently no one wore masks at. She is not vaccinated nor is her fiance. I had planned to see them but then when I saw snap chats of many many people and them not wearing masks I decided not to. She's so angry with me. I am according to her selfish, and the one that's the risk because I work in healthcare. She stays home with her son. When she told me to find a new job I laughed and said I wish I could stay home but that's not the reality. Ugh. I'm so sad. I just wish she took this more seriously and did something to protect herself and her kids. She has a 6 month old!
  • @leahrnmom I’m sorry, that really sucks. For what it’s worth, I really respect your choice and would have done the same. I didn’t invite my sister for Christmas this year for similar reasons. She lives in an extended communal living type situation with another family and inviting them all would have made our small Xmas gathering (6 vaccinated adults plus my kids), into a very large gathering (+10 people of unknown vaccination status). She wasn’t upset though, I think she was relieved not to be obligated to spend time with us…
  • Aww I'm sorry @leahrnmom. I wouldn't have Christmas with unvaccinated people even if they didn't go to a concert. One of my cousins has an unvaccinated boyfriend and he's just straight up not invited. I guess she understands. It's so weird, though, she's been with him since like the summer but no one in the extended family has met him because none of the aunts will have dinner with unvaccinated people. They are the ones who are selfish. 
  • @leahrnmom I’m so sorry, that must really hurt coming from your sister. It is rich that she is calling you selfish, when that is exactly what she is being. You are making the right call for you and your growing family.

My SIL, and niece & nephew (22 and 20yo) are not vaccinated and we have not seen them indoors for almost 2 years.  SIL makes it seem like we are the unreasonable ones too.  It’s hard when family has such a different point of view about something so important.

Also, thank you so much for working in healthcare. ❤️
  • Serious question though. If you’re vaccinated and you trust the science, why would it matter if someone else isn’t vaccinated? I dont mean to spark a debate, I’m just curious. You’re not at risk right? They are?
  • @paytonpedro I have a child who is too young to get vaccinated.  My husband is on immunosuppressants so even though he is vaccinated and boosted, he is still at risk.  Not worth the risk for us to see SIL when she isn’t taking steps to protect us and others.
  • @paytonpedro For me personally, it's because I have children too young to be vaccinated, and we also have high risk folks in the family (who are vaccinated, but are still at elevated risk due to other medical issues), and of course pregnancy is an immunocompromised state, so I am being extra cautious myself, especially because I couldn’t get a booster appointment until next Wednesday :(

I'm also a judgement free zone with this stuff though. Everybody has to decide for themselves their own risk and comfort level. But I’m hosting so it’s up to me to decide for our family. 
  • @paytonpedro because I have a little one who is too young to get vaccinated.
  • Thank you all for answering. That all makes sense. I guess I just don’t fully understand the vaccine it’s self. 
  • @paytonpedro We vaccinated/boosted ones aren't at risk of getting badly sick, but we are still at risk of catching it. Since H and I are both teachers and we have two kids in school (one under five) a positive covid test would seriously derail our whole lives, even if the actual sickness were hardly noticeable. So we're not hanging out with unvaccinated people rn.
  • @anniemarie887 prior to the vaccine (July 2020) I was in close contact with a coworker for 5 hours, face to face most of it and she tested positive and I didn’t get it. Same thing happened with my husband. It seems some people are just naturally more susceptible regardless of vaccine. My cousin gave it to my aunt but my uncle and other cousin in the same house didn’t catch it. This is all prior to the vaccine. It’s just such a strange virus. 
  • @starkette I’m laying here thinking the same thing!
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited December 2021
    @leahrnmom same, absolutely the same lady. I have too many friends in healthcare (ICU and ER dr and nurses) who are just drained. I should add that in July I didn’t give it to my daughter either. Thankfully this go around she’s handled it like a champ, but she did get to a 103 fever on Tuesday which even the calmest parent will worry when you see that. 

I should add my in laws are all sick, not boostered yet bc of eligibility, and they have been fevered, achy, and fatigued. Please get your booster and wear a mask!! We will still wear them, even after me having covid in July and now. 😘 Science is wild, I pulled positive rapid in a minute on weds, confirmed with positive PCR, and as of last night and this morning (day 5 from my runny nose Monday) I am pulling negative on rapid. So in theory I am no longer contagious. That’s amazing. I will obviously still be home, quarantining for my 10 full days. My husband continues to be negative on rapid, 5th one, and PCR. 
  • starkettestarkette member
    edited December 2021
    @paytonpedro how did it go? It went well for us, my mom shouted it before everyone else had a chance to finish their scratchers lol.  :D Which was expected. She can't contain her excitement. Then we called and told my in-laws because their cards haven't arrived yet! Grrr. Dumb snail mail. I sent it a week ago, the card should've arrived. Oh well. My oldest was like "mom has a surprise!" Which kind of gave it away. My MIL was like "ooooohhh?" in a knowing way before I blurted "I'm pregnant!" Haha. All in all it's good. But I do miss the little secret which is funny because when I first got pregnant I wanted to tell everyone immediately. It was hard for a few days!