FFFC 12/17

***Not guaranteed to be flame free***

Re: FFFC 12/17

• @paytonpedro nothing gives me greater joy than cancelling plans 😆
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Loading the player...
  • @and_peggy I feel the same way 🤣🤣
  • i would pay a lot of money to cancel my entire weekend, but i can't. le sigh.
  • I like how you think @paytonpedro

Party pooper over here too.  FFFC: My brother’s new long distance gf is in town, and I’m supposed to meet her for the first time on Sunday.  I feel like crap, and I am reallllllly not looking forward to putting on a cheerful face to give a good first impression.
  • I have plans all weekend and I've been in bed since 3 with awful hip pain and now nausea setting in. But it's a friend visiting from out there f state we only see like twice a year so I can't cancel.
  • My family arrived last night. My mom is a...difficult person. From the moment she arrived, she's almost totally silent and having experienced this growing up I was try to think of why she'd be mad (why can't she just communicate like an adult?!) so I ask if she's hungry and she says, all huffy, "Yes I'm hungry!" oh...okay, would you like snacks or I can make a quick dinner? (They arrived at 7pm and she didn't say anything about expecting dinner to be ready for them and since they are early eaters I assumed they'd grab food on the road.) And she just shrugs non-commitally so I just make a charcuterie board and instantly her mood brightens. 

The whole time I'm texting MH (he was on the other side of the room chatting with my dad, whose a jovial guy) commiserating about her childish behavior. He's good to vent to because he gets annoyed with my mom, too. 

Anyways, it's always like that with her. Trying to interpret her moods and needs because she does not communicate and expects people to just KNOW. It's incredibly frustrating. 
  • @starkette and @daffodil_shoe I have really difficult parents too. (Unfortunately for me, calling out my dad didn't work.) The best thing I did was move back to my home town because that means I NEVER have to stay with them ever again. Holidays used to be so stressful and horrible, but now we can just leave!
  • @starkette ugh, sorry your Christmas holiday is starting out that way. 
    I was going to kind of say what @daffodil_shoe said. 
    Have you ever addressed her behavior? Maybe tell her it’s been excepted in the past, but now that you’re an adult you expect her to converse appropriately and relay her feelings versus you worrying about all the possible issues she might be having. 
    I know some attitudes can’t change, so I understand if that wouldn’t work at all!

@daffodil_shoe I’m glad the open conversation worked for your relationship, and I bet it felt nice to open that dialog 😏
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dimeadozen I call it out way too often. My sister became the stressed out one who shrinks around my mom and I became the confrontational one. I try to be as pleasant as possible but there are so many times I just call it out. I hate backing down when someone is being purposefully rude. And I hate childish selfish behavior from adults. But when they are here for a handful of days and it's a holiday, I do my best to shake it off and ignore it. Luckily my parents and sister live two states away.