June 2022 Moms
Options

Carrier Screening Came Back Positive

Well my carrier screening came back positive for Fragile X. Which conveniently is not the one that my partner and I both to have. So I get to have an appointment with UCSF to do some invasive testing. I am soooo not okay right now. 

Re: Carrier Screening Came Back Positive

• Options
    I'm so sorry. Sending all the good vibes your way. Hoping for better news and your appointment. 
  • Options
    Oh no, I’m so sorry. When are you able to get in for testing?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pinkkillersheep I am waiting to get a call from UCSF to schedule my appointment. 
  • Options
    I have a genetic counseling appointment with UCSF on Friday via zoom & we will go from there with scheduling. 
  • Options
    I’m sorry you have to go through this.  Hoping you get good news. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry, that sounds so stressful.  I hope you can get more clear answers soon.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of your news. Thinking of you all and hoping for some clarity soon.
  • Options
    I’m so sorry! I hope you get good news and helpful guidance. This group is here if you need us!
  • Options
    Thinking about you today @marionberry19 <3
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Let us know if you need anything!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    Thinking of you today @marionberry19
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @marionberry19 That’s great news, I’m so happy for you! Sorry for all the added stress and what it might mean in the future, but glad all is ok for right now. 
  • Options
    @marionberry19 that's awesome! So glad you finally have the answer and can breathe a sigh of relief. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    *lurking from May '22*

@marionberry19 ❤️❤️

I'm a gray zone/intermediate carrier as well. It's hella complicated as I'm sure you know, so I'm glad you were able to talk to a genetic counselor!! It's my experience that most people and doctors generally don't understand fragile x (I mean, I didn't lol) and for those like us in the gray zone, were not really a carrier, but we're not *not* a carrier, ya know? So I'll test my kiddos (or encourage them to test) to see if they got my "bad" X and what their repeats look like, when they start thinking about kids, so they can make their own decisions about their reproductive journey. 
  • Options
    @marionberry19 so glad for you that there was more to the story and it's less scary than it sounded at first. 
  • Options
    @marionberry19 I'm glad you got good news. Sorry you had to go through all that stress and worry.
  • Options
    @marionberry19 so happy to hear your update! And how cool that @pajamstagrams reached out who is having a baby a month earlier with the same condition?! 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams I wasn’t given genetic testing with my son (this is my second baby) so it came as quite a shock. However, I’m glad to know now so I can inform my kids about it and not have them get freaked out for nothing.