1st Trimester
Options

Slow rising hcg experiences?

Hi friends. I’m so happy to be here! We found out in November that we are pregnant with our second after a year of infertility/treatments. My hcg has been very slow to rise, only doubling the first few betas and then slowing down majorly but still rising slowly. We had a scan on Monday and the doctor was surprised to see the gestational sac with how low my levels still were. Between Weds- Friday it only went from 1275 to 1472 and we prepared to lose the baby. We went in for a scan yesterday to see if there was any development, and we were shocked to see a baby with a beating heart. We decided to stop betas and monitor with scans at this point, but I’m going crazy with anxiety and reading so many horror stories. Has anyone else experienced low or slow to rise hcg and gone on to have a successful pregnancy?

Re: Slow rising hcg experiences?

• Options
    I was curious how your pregnancy is going? Currently in the same boat: slow rising hcg levels but there was a baby and strong heart beat in ultrasound 
  • Options
    I’m curious how this is going as well. I am currently 5 weeks and last week at 4w1d my HCG was 26. At 4w3d it only went up to 35. My doctor messaged and said pretty much to prepare for a miscarriage. Everything I have read however says a 35% increase is normal and that is about what I had.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine did not double. I went from  19DPO 2073 to 21 DPO 3511. Went for an ultrasound at 6 weeks and saw a heartbeat at 101. I wasn't prepared for that at all since it was not doubling every 72 hours. The doc thinks it had just started beating as that was early to see a heartbeat so ask that I come back in one week to make sure it was over 110. Went for a second ultrasound at 7 weeks and saw a heartbeat at 142. I go back for another scan at 12 weeks. I am 8w3d today. Just hoping all is well. 

• Options
    Thank you for sharing! Yesterday at 5w1d mine was 74. Still a rise but not as much as it should be. I got for an ultrasound today. Finger’s crossed
  • Options
    I'm curious how it is going for you @monni24

My hcg levels have been slow to rise as well. At 5wks 1day 900. Ultrasound looked good though. I go back on Friday to check again. I've had 2 miscarriages and 1 failed round of ivf. I got pregnant just before beginning 2nd round.