June 2022 Moms
Options

UO Tuesday 12/14

(Can you believe we’re midway through December?!?)

Re: UO Tuesday 12/14

• Options
    Girl Scout cookies are awful garbage  :#
  • Options
    @KFrob Starting us out with possibly the most controversial opinion I’ve seen on this board yet!

I rarely participate in these threads because I can’t ever think of something, but I do have one today: I do not like the movie Elf.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @KFrob you can't possibly mean the samoas too, right? right? lol, i legit can eat the whole box in a sitting 

@pinkkillersheep your UO made me think of another movie-related one (book too)...but I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies or read the books and don't particularly have any desire to do so.
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    marionberry19marionberry19 member
    edited December 2021
    @KFrob let me enjoy my tooth paste and chocolate in peace! 

Speaking of elves. That stupid Elf on the Shelf bullsh*t is not happening in my house. People keep telling me “just wait till your kid is in school”. My kid is so literal and inquisitive that we struggle to maintain the Santa situation as it is. He would never fall for the elf crap. 

Editing to add an opinion to my rant: the elf is stupid. 
  • Options
    binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited December 2021
    @KFrob Wow. That might be the most unpopular opinion I've ever heard.

I agree the Elf on the Shelf is stupid. It's also incredibly stressful for the parents and kids. I'm trying to think of an UO I have for today, but I'm coming up short. 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options

@Tulips29 okay, not Samoas, but I’m bitter about those bc I ate a samoa cupcake then threw up, thus ruining them for me.  

I hate Elf on the shelf.  LOVE Elf the movie.  Some judge in Georgia outlawed Elf on the shelf in jest so parents could get an out with it.  
  • Options
    @KFrob ugh, I'm sorry, that is not fair to you and the samoas. 

I'll be honest, the elf on the shelf looks fun from afar, but I would not want to do it myself. Props to anyone who has enough time, patience and creativity though. 

***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    YASS f*** elf on a shelf! Hoping that fad dies before my kid is old enough for it. But either way I’m not doing it hahaha. 
  • Options
    I've never tried Girl Scout cookies. 

I agree about Elf on the Shelf. I'm not planning on doing it.
  • Options
    @marionberry19 haha this is my 3 year old. We started it when my 11 year old was her age and she loved it and was super into it. The three year old is not! Haha We don’t do anything crazy just literally move her around the house but anytime she does anything “messy”, like put tinsel on the tree, the three year old is so annoyed with her. We don’t use her as a threat either. My in-laws came to visit and they kept saying the elf was watching her and she was not having it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well....I guess my unpopular opinion is I actually love the elf on the shelf. My kid gets so into it. Now her elf only moves locations nothing that requires us any work. Also I am not having the elf make a mess or anything... i don't see the point in that. Her elf might leave her a piece of candy or be playing in her doll house or sleeping in her bed. Easy things and she gets so excited over it.