FTM/STM/TTM+:

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?

Rants/raves:

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check-in w/o 12/6

• Loading the player...
  • @fameonmain2 I’m so sorry to hear about your grandma.❤️ Losing a close family is so challenging, and the pain never quite goes away, it just becomes easier to live with as your life carries on and you’re able to distract yourself from it. Having a close support system of friends or family to lean on is so helpful.

@monstera That is such an awesome feeling, to be so passionate about what you do and to see yourself doing it well! Congrats on building a successful career that you love!

@dinomeetsjedi I’ve been the same way, it’s like every time my abdomen feels sore, or I don’t feel him kick for a while, or I do something I’m “‘not supposed to do” during pregnancy, I get so much anxiety that he’s hurt in some way! I told hubby I don’t know if my stress levels can handle another pregnancy after this! 😅 By and far the most difficult part of being pregnant so far has been the anxiety and worry! I’m hoping it’s just a first time mom thing and next time around I’ll be calmer! 🤞

• @jessabelle05 With my first, we did a virtual/Facebook baby shower because I lived thousands of miles away at the time. We had everyone send their gifts and then we opened them on FB live so everyone could watch and participate. Also, please try not to be too concerned with growth percentiles: They’re based on data that isn’t always reliable and is not the best indicator of a baby’s wellbeing. DD6 has always, from day one, been consistently in the 0-5% percentile for height, weight, and growth, and she is one of the healthiest and smartest kids I know (I may be a little biased!). It gets worse when you have a newborn and the pediatrician tries to use these irrelevant growth charts to force you into making decisions. 🙄 I had one threaten to call CPS on me once because, “according to the growth chart”, she needed to have formula, and when I continued to decline it she said she was calling the police. So no, not a fan.

@hoosiermamajayden I’m a big advocate for delayed cord clamping whenever possible, especially with preemies. Because your twins are dichorionic (separate placentas) I don’t see any reason keeping them from DCC as long as the delivery is uneventful and they don’t require any kind of resuscitation. I’d be interested to hear what your OB says!

@fameonmain2 Thinking of you! It’s so hard to lose someone like that, especially during the holidays. We lost my grandmother last October and it was so painful for so long to even think of her. I wondered if my grieving was “normal”. I still have moments where I forget she’s gone but am able to think of her more easily now, even though it still hurts sometimes. I’m sorry you’re having to go through this.

@minnie_yoga_mama I feel like my anxiety this time around has been so much worse! Maybe because I know more about what can happen…? It’s the worst!
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 4/28, 19+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM, DD6

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming appointments: December 16, HALLELUJAH

How are you feeling? Hate the anterior placenta (again! What are the chances of two anterior placenta pregnancies?!) but maybe I should be thankful for it because holy cow, this baby is SO ACTIVE. So if I’m feeling it now I can only imagine what it would be like to have a normal placenta! They get partying and the Braxton Hicks come on in full force. 

Rants/raves: After all my drama trying to find an OB here in NC, I finally found one last week that was super helpful, returned phone calls almost immediately, make exceptions to fit me into their schedule, and is just generally awesome. So relieved. I’m still missing one cervical US check but I’m at peace with it. 

Questions: Has any add STM+ moms had older siblings attend births? I want DD6 to be present for labor and delivery and am trying to decide how and when to begin preparing her. We’ve talked about the anatomy and physiology of birth several times and she’s very interested, and she knows it’s painful and noisy at times, but I would love to show her videos and read some books together. 
  • @aloha_mama I’m so relieved for you that you finally got in! Also ditto on the anterior placenta— I don’t know what normal kicking is supposed to feel like, but BOY this little one is active! Strong kicks literally alllll day long! I couldn’t imagine if I didn’t have that extra placental cushion! 😅

@jessabelle05 Our plan is to hold two showers— one in person in an outdoor park pavilion on a Saturday and one virtually via Zoom the next day on Sunday. That way people can choose what they are comfortable with. Plus, I have a lot of family living out of state who wouldn’t be able to join in unless I held a virtual option. Hubby and I are just hosting our own zoom shower, and keeping it simple by playing a few games that are easy for anyone to watch/join and enjoy: he said she said, pregnancy interview questions for mama, and toilet paper measuring around the belly.
  • @doxiemoxie212 That must be awful to be in so much pain! And especially to feel like you’re not being heard. Have you tried or considered chiropractic adjustments? Your SI joint may be twisted or misaligned and compressing a nerve. When I was having severe SI joint pain (as in crying at work and having to miss work severe) last year, despite all the help from my PT coworkers, it was my chiropractor that was able to alleviate the pain long term. A word of caution: NOT all chiropractors are equal! You need to be extremely picky to find someone you can trust! During the “acute” phase: when there is an acute flare-up of sharp pain, my chiropractor instructed me to avoid/minimize ANY movements or exercises that cause pain because it could cause more pelvic instability and just snowball into more pain— focus was on weekly adjustments, SI belt 24/7, and icing pretty much all day long. Bilateral glute squeezes were extremely helpful to self adjust in between adjustments, as were slight pelvic tilts while laying down when I could tolerate it (squeezing a pillow between the knees). Good luck, I know how debilitating this kind of pain is!
  • @minnie_yoga_mama yes I get osteopathic adjustments which are the same they just can prescribe western meds and go through a medical residency etc. Because of my hypermobility adjustments only last about 20 min on me because my body just bends into a new direction, and now that the baby kicks so hard he kicks everything out of alignment (my daughter would subluxate my ribs every 5 min toward the end - so fun).
  • @missa_lyssa thank you <3 glad to hear I’m not the only one lagging on the registry!

@monstera13 glad to hear that work is going so well. I always feel great when I’m making progress at work, for me it’s super fulfilling! And thank you <3

@dinomeetsjedi thank you <3 right there with you on the anxiety. I’m still not feeling a TON of movement so I get randomly worried. Also weird about the nausea! Hopefully it doesn’t get too bad.

@minnie_yoga_mama thank you <3 You’re absolutely right. It’s been a while since I had to deal with the loss of a grandparent, so it’s easy to forget that you do move on. Luckily MH has been very supportive. Congrats to your brother! Glad the dress worked out.

@hoosiermamajayden thank you <3 nursing homes are the hardest decisions to make. Totally with you on hitting in waves. Most of the time I’m fine, and then I’ll see or hear something that just sends me right back to tears. Time will help, I know.

@jessabella05 thank you <3 SUCH information overload. I thought after getting through the big stuff the small stuff would be way easier. Yeah, not so much. As for the baby shower, we are planning for one in person with a contingency plan in case we get closer to semi-lockdown again. We are in a pretty highly vaccinated state and just about everyone who is invited will be vaccinated and likely have the booster as well. I’m planning on asking those who are unvaccinated (which unfortunately happens to be members of MH’s family so my MIL will have to primarily deal with this) to get a PCR test. We’re thinking late Feb./early Mar. so the turnaround times should be better by then.

@aloha_mama thank you <3 I have been thinking about “normal” grieving a lot. Might talk o the OB next week about getting a referral for a therapist. Figure that it’s not a terrible idea considering I deal with quite a bit of pregnancy anxiety as well. Of course I happen to be seeing a different OB than my usual one next week because I wanted to meet more of them in the practice just to prepare for birth. Oh well. Also hooray that you found an OB! Glad that you don’t have to deal with that stress any more.

@smashjam thank you <3 UGH… the recliner… another thing I haven’t picked out yet lol.

@natashajn thank you <3 I’m with you on having most of the mental and all of the physical load during pregnancy. Agree with you that MH will be great, but sometimes I just can’t get over that he consistently sleeps in until about 20 minutes before he has to leave for work. I keep thinking um, that will NOT fly when baby is here.

@shlecks @rbflei thank you <3

• Estimated due date/ weeks + days: April 5, 23+1

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming appointments: Midwife tomorrow, followed by acupuncture

How are you feeling? Sore - I've started having a weird muscular thing (I think?), where when I lay down, I get cramps/spasms in my right side, around where my natural waist used to be. I had it last time, later in pregnancy, and no one could really explain or help it (midwife, RMT, chiro), so I'm hoping that acupuncture helps

Rants/raves: I'm feeling really into the holiday season this year... we just finished up Hanukkah, and the kids loved it (and were so adorable - every afternoon as soon as they woke up from naps, they'd ask 'Can we do Hanukkah now?'). We decorated our tree last night, although it ended up being a bit tall for where we want it, so I think my husband and I will have to undecorate it, trim it down, and redecorate it during a nap lol... my rant is that I'm so hormonal these days, that even commercials and music make me get all teary (and my husband doesn't get that at all, even being the third time around lol)

Questions:
  • @doula-mama is it more toward the back? I had it more toward the back with DD3, but definitely still on the side, and my massage therapist figured out it was where my.... QL? Met some other muscle? Anyway, it was terrible, and the only way I could get it to stop was this specific pressure point where I would need DH to put his entire body weight on his elbow and dig into it, which hurt like a biiiiiitch, but then I'd get like 10 min of relief after. 
  • @fameonmain2 I'm sorry for your loss. I hope things get a little easier each day. the registry can be so overwhelming. just work on one category/section at a time and you'll get there. I saw you mention getting a referral to a therapist and I think that is a wonderful idea. (i'm biased and very pro-therapy, but navigating grief and pregnancy and just the current state of the world can be a lot)
    @monstera13 how was your OB visit/review of the AS? I know you were concerned about the placental lake
    @dinomeetsjedi sorry the anxiety has been so bad of late. I hope it improves. About the nausea, have you had heartburn/do you take anything for heartburn. With my first I was talking to a friend, who is an OB and mentioned the nausea and she was like it could be heartburn. Turns out that's what it was!
    @jessabelle05 I won't be having a shower (STM), but I would suggest talking with the person who is planning/throwing the shower and discussing what you're comfortable with as far as a shower goes. I'll echo @aloha_mama and just say try not to worry about percentiles. I think its all relative. 
    @aloha_mama glad you were able to find an OB who could accommodate you. 
    @SmashJam sending positive vibes your way that they both keep sleeping! 
    @doxiemoxie212 the issues with your care teams sound so frustrating. I'm so sorry. I hope you're able to find a way to feel and to be heard. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• sorry to always be jumping in at the end of the week, this seems to be the only time I can make it to TB

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 4/3, 23+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team blue/pink/green: green 

Upcoming appointments: regular OB in 2 weeks and saw MFM this week

How are you feeling? better, the thinking/imaging shows that my previa may be resolved, so that is a relief, but still some complications so I'll continue to be seen by MFM

Rants/raves: DS was super sick last week and his sleep is now a mess, DH has been taking the brunt of the parenting load in the middle of the night. So I'm very appreciative of that

Questions: natm

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @Avrilmai glad to hear that your placenta previa is hopefully resolved! Hopefully other complications resolve in time soon! Hopefully DS can get his sleep back to normal so you all can have a bit of a break!

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: Apr 7 / 23+1

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming appointments: Had an appt yesterday with MFM for a follow up ultrasound since we couldn't get everything at the AS. Everything looked great, he was kicking back at the ultrasound tech and quite active. His head is measuring a week or so behind. But I went back and looked at our last ultrasound and that was also the case then. He's 35% so we must just grow small babies. Overall Dr was not concerned at all.  He wants a quick appt again in 3 weeks and then another growth check/ultrasound 2 weeks after that. Then we will likely start regular NSTs and ultrasounds to monitor growth and placenta function. Overall he said he is cautiously optimistic that everything will go according to plan. 

How are you feeling? Feeling really good. I had a UTI over Thanksgiving. The antibiotics made me nauseous which wasn't fun to be going through again. But feeling mostly better this week. Going to try and up my protein intake a bit to make sure baby is getting what he needs, but that's mostly for my own sanity.

Rants/raves: This is both my rant and my rave...I feel baby kicking nearly all the time now. I never felt DS5 move - I had an anterior placenta and since he was under a ton of stress he rarely moved. He never moved with cold water and even when they did the little buzzer on my stomach he wouldn't move. Even all the way to 29 weeks I would only feel him once maybe twice a day. Now with this baby I love it because I like feeling him squirm around and say hi. At the same time it is so hard to concentrate at work. I feel like I'm being tapped on the shoulder all day long! How does anyone get work done like this??

Questions: curious, do cervix measurements change quite a bit from appt to appt? At my AS my cervix was 3cm and I watched him measure it twice. Yesterday it was at like 4.5cm. That seems like a huge change? Overall not concerned, but was just curious if that's the norm or if someone screwed up?
  • @Blondesweety444 The cervix is pretty soft and flexible so it’s normal for it to change. I’ve been having cervical checks every other week and they’ve all fluctuated between 3.5 and 4.2. It seems like a big jump but, like my MFM said, anything over 3 is extra credit, so you’re at like A++++ 😂
  • @aloha_mama that makes sense! That's what I was kind of thinking. At the AS when I saw 3cm I was like oh no that seems pretty short for this early! I didn't realize it could change so much!. A+++++ made me laugh though  :D
  • @Blondesweety444 ultrasound measurements are also always just estimates so that probably factors in too 
  • @Blondesweety444 When I got that 4.2 reading my MFM congratulated me lol I was oddly very proud of myself even though I had literally done nothing!
  • @doxiemoxie212 It is towards the back! I'll have to mention that to my RMT this weekend, and see if that helps her pinpoint it - thanks!