EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: How do you plan to announce/tell your family about this pregnancy?

Re: Weekly check-in 12/6

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 5w2d

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Appleseed

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out, will do the NIPT again this time.

Upcoming Appointments: 12/17 first scan

How are you feeling?:  I’m feeling fine, just sore breasts.  I do fall asleep quickly, but then wake up and have difficulty sleeping middle of the night.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: How do you plan to announce/tell your family about this pregnancy?  I think we’ll tell my MIL on Christmas Eve, and my parents after Christmas dinner.  I want to get through the first scan before telling them.
  • Loading the player...
  • @and_peggy I'm so sorry to hear about you & your kids being sick! That was me and my family the week I found out I was pregnant. Hope you feel better soon.

@paytonpedro I completely understand about not being sure how to make it through the holidays without people guessing. Thankfully no one on my husband's side drinks, but I had to tell my family at Thanksgiving because it was a dead giveaway I wasn't drinking. I'm also attending a small dinner party in two weeks with friends (but not close friends) and I'm going to have to be very sneaky not to give it away because I just don't feel comfortable sharing yet. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/7, 5W1D

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Dot snail

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team finding out!

Upcoming Appointments: I have a confirmation appointment a week from today, 12/13. I'm hoping that I'll have Betas and a US shortly afterward.  

How are you feeling?: ATM I'm nauseous and my boobs hurt but otherwise okay.

Rants/Raves: I've been trying not to get anxious but that has been hard. I had a full blown panic attack the other day (tears and everything) when I started experiencing really bad cramps. TW*** I've had two previous MC (one at 5 weeks and one at 7 weeks) so my PGAL brain thinks that cramps lead to blood which leads to a MC, even I know though cramps are totally normal this early. 

Questions: Nope.

Well my parents & brothers know because of Thanksgiving & me not drinking. I will tell extended family around the 12-13 week mark. My husband's side I am guessing will be around the 12-13 week mark unless my husband decides to tell them sooner. 
  • @paytonpedro It gets really snowy here too, in fact it just started snowing today. Good for a white christmas, bad for my driving skills. :cold_sweat: Stay safe out there! Also, it sounds like having friends know is a good thing. It's nice to have that support.

@darkrose88 I hear you, every time I get a twinge my PGAL loss goes into hyperdrive, too.

EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/7 5w1d

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Peppercorn or, as my other app says, the size of a headphone port

FTM/STM/TTM+: Third baby <3 I have two girls and I'd love another girl but would be fine with a boy, too. My husband doesn't care either way, just happy. 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: I have zero patience so definitely team finding out ASAP.

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 14 for an ultrasound to verify pregnancy, I'll be 6w2d.

How are you feeling?: a little nauseous, sore boobs, indigestion at night, insomnia...but honestly, despite that, I'm good. Feeling optimistic this time.

Rants/Raves: Christmas. I get so stressed every year even though every year I say we aren't gonna go all out and then I go all out. My family is coming to our house this year which means lots of cleaning the week before they come and trying to figure out what to do for Christmas dinner.

At least I know the gift I'm giving everyone will be a hit! lol.

Questions: 

GTKY: How do you plan to announce/tell your family about this pregnancy? Cute scratchers on Christmas hidden in their cards.
  • @darkrose88 if I would have known on thanksgiving and have not drank the whole cat would have been out of the bag lol. You’ll have to find a good mocktail for that friends party! Have your cramps gone away? I’ve had a couple and my brain goes right to the same place. Pgal is so tough. 

@starkette they’re calling for a snow storm tonight for us, yay for driving in the morning 🙄, but so far it’s just been super windy and rainy all day. So who really knows. I’m not bad at driving in the snow, and I had a truck, but it’s still stressful because of other people on the roads. I love your idea of scratchers in Christmas cards! My family usually does scratchers but normally doesn’t scratch them until after the fact lol. So that would be I’ll timed. How do you plan on finding out ASAP? Are you planning to do a sneak peak, nipt, early gender scan?
  • @lmaplejc I'm the same way with sleep! Falling asleep, easy. Staying asleep? Lol

EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/1 6w

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: popping firecracker

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: definitely finding out

Upcoming Appointments: none yet, but thinking of going to a free clinic for an ultrasound to calm my PGAL anxiety 

How are you feeling?: Pretty okay. Nausea is minimal, especially if I stay busy or eat tiny meals all day. Boobs are getting heavy and sore! 

Rants/Raves: I hate how fast the scale goes up for me in the 1st trimester. 

Questions: nope

Probably won't tell anyone but my mom/dad (my ILs can't keep a secret) until mid-January if I can't hide it at my future SIL's bridal shower (unless I MC earlier). In a perfect world, I'd let family know in February and announce on social media in March. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @paytonpedro I'm still getting cramps bit it is more of a backache vs period like cramps which I was getting the day my PGAL brain went into overdrive. **TW** I really didn't think I'd have this amount of anxiety as the last MC was 2 years ago. But apparently the fear never really goes away. 
  • @darkrose88 PGAL brain is tough. I try to be rational, but it’s no use. 
    @dimeadozen the “big brother” shirt is always a hit!
    @and_peggy I hope you and the kids feel better. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: At most, 4w4d

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: poppyseed 

FTM/STM/TTM+: Third time mom!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: since I’m AMA I’ll be getting the genetic screening, so I won’t be able to resist finding out. I have 2 DD and would love a boy but be just as happy with another girl. 

Upcoming Appointments: beta tomorrow and Thursday

How are you feeling?: very anxious and trying to avoid the pregnancy tests. Having periodic nausea, cramps, and low back pain. 

Rants/Raves: I have early meetings almost every day this week and am completely exhausted. I just want to curl up in bed and watch the Great British Bake Off. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: How do you plan to announce/tell your family about this pregnancy? Well, my sister and mom already know because I have been worrying so much. We will get a pair of baby booties and wrap them for my MIL and FIL and have that be one of their Christmas gifts. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 6w1d!

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: a pearl

FTM/STM/TTM+: second time mom!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out 100%!! Last time around I really wanted a girl. This time around, I don’t feel as strongly! Another girl would be nice, but I’m just happy to have either :)

Upcoming Appointments: first scan 12/21

How are you feeling?: exhausted, anxious, super smelling. My boobs feel like they’re going to explode. But also finally starting to feel less like this pregnancy is doomed to fail and more like there will be a baby at the end of this! I’ve been in such a negative headspace, but trying hard to get out of it because I’ve wanted this for a long time!

Rants/Raves: I just started watching Maid on Netflix. Late to the game, but holy cow, what a great show. 

Questions: a million! I just can’t think of any right now :)

GTKY: How do you plan to announce/tell your family about this pregnancy? We’ve already told our immediate family. Not sure when or how we’ll tell everyone else!
  • @beck105 I’ve watched maid! It was good but I caught myself yelling at the main character. It’s sad how realistic the storyline is for so many people!
  • @geshem I hate tea and honey so it might make it worse 😆
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @and_peggy 😬 never mind then; I hope you have something that helps!
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @paytonpedro yeah I just finished episode 7 this morning and was so angry at how it ended. I think I’m going to have to binge the last 3 tonight so I can stop thinking about it. It’s like consuming me 😂
  • @paytonpedro congrats on your beta confirmation!

@and_peggy sorry about the bronchitis and sick kiddos. It’s so hard to care for sick kids when you also feel like crap.

@darkrose88 **TW …My very first pregnancy in 2014 ended in a loss. PGAL is so hard. My mantra is “Today, I am pregnant.” 
  • @paytonpedro I'm thinking about doing the blood test thing-y at around 7/8 weeks. But I'm not sure. Even though waiting is hard, there's something really special about being in the ultrasound room and hearing those magical words from the tech. I had such a huge reaction the first and second times, I feel like now I might wait until 16 weeks (the earliest my clinic will do a gender scan). But that feels like an eternity.
  • @daffodil_shoe love the “their pea, my pod” idea!!! And what an amazing thing you’re doing!!

@starkette I had a gender reveal party with a cake for my first and then my second we did sneak peak at about 9/10 weeks which was the earliest you could do it then. My sister just did it last summer at 7 weeks and it was wrong!!! She went until 20 weeks thinking she was having a girl and he is almost 1 and allllll boy!!! So that makes me nervous to do it again haha. 

• @paytonpedro omg that would make me so mad!! Okay, probably should stick with the scan, then. I've never heard of the blood test being wrong. Crazy! Terrible.
  • @paytonpedro I feel like 7 weeks was a bit premature to be doing one of those. Probably wasn’t enough time for her boy’s Y chromosome to be detected in her blood. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days:  5 w, 3d

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Appleseed 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM+

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out ASAP!

Upcoming Appointments:  December 23

How are you feeling?:  good beside slight cramps

Rants/Raves:  n/a

Questions:  n/a

GTKY: How do you plan to announce/tell your family about this pregnancy?  We are going to tell our kids during our Florida vacation after Christmas if the appointment goes well.  We will have current youngest wear a “big bro” shirt at the end of January during a family get together that is already planned.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @daffodil_shoe I agree with you but the company advertises “from 7 weeks” so she followed directions and did it “as soon as possible”. If I did it again, I would do it closer to 9/10 weeks and take it with a grain of salt. 
  • @starkette I agree with you on hearing it from the tech. I cannot wait!! I remember the rush of emotion j felt with my first, and I can’t wait to feel that again, especially since I’ve had so much anxiety around this pregnancy. Such a great feeling!
  • @paytonpedro I've been curious about those tests but hearing it could be wrong I'm like maybe I should wait :# I  had a bit of an emotional reaction when I found out it was a boy with my first. I had a huge fear of only being a boy mom. Now I'm like, if I have another boy, my son gets a brother, which will be an awesome experience for them both and maybe I can convince DH to have a 3rd  :D If I have a girl, I get my daughter. Win either way lol. 
  • @darkrose88 you can generally trust those tests. If it detects a Y chromosome in the sample, boy. If no Y chromosome is found, girl. The main things are to not test too early, because you need time for baby’s DNA to be in your blood. You also have to be extremely careful to not contaminate, because if you touch something that has a male’s DNA and it gets in your blood sample, then the test will detect the Y chromosome and it will show “boy.” 
  • @daffodil_shoe that's good to know! I'd be open to learning early. Knowing DH, he probably is fine waiting lol. 
  • When I was pregnant with my last my friend was pregnant as well she did one of those early gender scans and I did sneak peek. We were both told boy. She went to her 20 weeks scan and found out she was having a girl. So basically nothing but birth is totally conclusive. I’m considering trying to talk mh into an early scan. 
  • andrea3oandrea3o member
    edited December 2021
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 6 + 1!! Can’t believe it
    Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: sweet pea, which is my DD’s nn 💚
    FTM/STM/TTM+: stm, second pregnancy, different partner. 
    Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: I found out for my first because I was so anxious. I was also not in a healthy relationship. This time around I am well cared for and feeling excited to wait :)
    Upcoming Appointments: 01/13 first apt—it’s so far away at 11 weeks! It’s killing me. 
    How are you feeling?: Nausea is unreal, as it was for my DD. However, I think it’s due to my prenatal, because it wears off up until taking it again. It never wore off for my first pregnancy until I was 25 weeks. Otherwise, living on a diet of vegan buttered toast lol
    Rants/Raves: I am so incredibly sad that my middle sister won’t be here when baby is born. She is travelling in Australia with her bf who just graduated med school, and isn’t coming home until next Christmas. I’m hoping she might be able to come home for the birth; it’s got me sobbing on my drives home from work when I think about it. 
    Questions: is anyone else who is farther along like me showing at all? I feel like I’m huge. I was overweight when I had my first, but I am a healthy weight now, and am thinking it’s just the fact that it’s easier to see the changes on my smaller frame?
    GTKY: How do you plan to announce/tell your family about this pregnancy? We will see both our families at different times on Christmas Day, and give our parents each ornaments that read “second” and “third” grandchild. This is a tradition in my Portuguese family; I will also gift my youngest sister one that reads Godmother. 
  • @daffodil_shoe that’s a beautiful mantra 💛 I’m sorry for your loss, mama. 

@darkrose88 that was my fear, too!! Then I had a girl lol. I’m still worried about having a son because I grew up with two sisters and feel like I don’t know anything about boys. My bf is the second of three sons, so we’re opposites. I’d like for my DD to have a sister still. She told me she wants a sister only haha
  • @andrea3o baby is just the size of a sweet pea, so any changes your seeing right now are just bloat. You might show sooner with a second pregnancy, I did, but probably still not until the second trimester. 
  • @andrea3o It is just bloat, but you don't have to dismiss it. When I found out I was pregnant with #2 my bloating was so bad I legit got out the pregnancy clothes the day I got my BFP. That is not an exaggeration. I looked like I was four months pregnant for four entire months until I started showing normally. So that may be what's happening to you!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 4w

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: dust mite or whatever the super tiny one is

FTM/STM/TTM+: 3TM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out! We found out with the first two and will do it again. I like being prepared, especially for names

Upcoming Appointments: I'll call the doctor on Monday. I probably won't have one until after the holidays because I'm low risk

How are you feeling?: just the sore boobs and intermittent mild cramps like I had with DS1. None of the extreme bloating I had with DS2, which is a relief because I need to fit into my professional clothes all weekend at a conference

Rants/Raves: Two raves: we found a Santa for the Christmas Fair at kids' school! And I'm off to my first in-person conference since before the covid!!

Questions: none

GTKY: How do you plan to announce/tell your family about this pregnancy? I told my husband first thing this morning and told him not to tell the kids. Then I plan on telling my parents/brothers/inlaws after Christmas, because like PP said, I don't want to make the holiday about me. I'm not worried. This is my third pregnancy - I'm pretty good at fake drinking. I don't ever drink too much on Christmas eve anyway because the kids wake up so early. And I have this whole weekend at the conference to practice!
  • @wisewitch222 @paytonpedro ahh thank you for the shares, that makes a lot of sense! I’ve had to ditch my entire non-maternity wardrobe in favour of leggings and loose sweaters just to hide this bloating. Hopefully it goes down??
  • @andrea3o as @wisewitch222 said, mine lasted around 4 months as well and just kind of merged into an actual bump around 16/17 weeks with my second. So, yeah it goes away but was instantly replaced with a bump lol. At 13 weeks I was so bloated (at Christmas time) that my dad guessed I was pregnant before I told him. Lol. 
  • @paytonpedro at least with the bump you can make it look good haha. This bloated business is not exactly flattering! I can’t wait to show my bump off :)
  • Nope, it was pretty terrible. I'm so glad I'm not experiencing it this time around. 
  • Yup, I'm dealing with bloating too and it feels like it's really visible. The other day the security guard at my work gestured toward my belly and asked what I thought was "new bulge?" And I freaked out internally for a bit that he could tell I'm pregnant already - I'm not planning on telling at work for a while - before he clarified that he was checking whether I had gotten my new badge, which, incidentally, was hanging from my lanyard, right over my belly 😂
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: poppyseed

FTM/STM/TTM+: FOTM (what’s the abbrev. for that?)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green, we did this with our last son and it was so sweet. 

Upcoming Appointments: just after Christmas will be our first appointment. 

How are you feeling?: surprisingly ok. Just falling asleep quickly at night. Able to workout fine and be a presentable human being. Maybe I’m forgetting the different stages since it’s been 4 years?! 

Rants/Raves: None?!

Questions: Nada

GTKY: How do you plan to announce/tell your family about this pregnancy? Really don’t know. I was thinking on this earlier. We have my husband’s family Xmas get together this coming weekend. My amazing FIL always ensures my wine glass is properly poured. Wondering how to dodge him and not go on their radar. We are just too early to tell people right now. We get together with my family for Christmas, they will be easier. No idea how we will tell people. I’m also a bit sensitive to my sister in law who’s been trying to get pregnant with her first :(