August 2022 Moms

GTKY: 12/4

Hi friends! I thought it would helpful to have a weekly ‘get to know you’ posts so we can learn more about each other.

That said, tell us about your dream vacation, and/or your most favorite vacation you’ve been on.
Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19

Re: GTKY: 12/4

• @and_peggy my very best friend lives in New Zealand! I’d love to go and visit her. Your SE Asia vacay sounds AMAZING!!!

My favorite vacation really is a tie between our Germany honeymoon and our Iceland babymoon! Germany was amazing, as it was our first trip to Europe, and we love embracing our german heritage. Iceland was probably the most unique place I’ll ever see. It quite literally is the land of fire and ice, and we saw lots of both! We’re also big Game of Thrones fans (our daughter’s name is Arya), so to see so many filming locations was also so cool.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @and_peggy the river cruise + fireflies sounds incredible!

@becks105 My H and I are also big GOT fans!

Dream vacation would be India or New Zealand.

Before our son, we loved to travel.  My favorites were Japan, Edinburgh, and Kauai.  My husband is Peruvian so we also did a big trip to where he grew up and then took the train to Machu Picchu which was incredible.
  • We go to Treasure Island, Florida every year during winter break.  We found a 2 bedroom condo on the water with a pool that makes for a great stay with kids.  

I love the break from the cold in December/January as I’m from Michigan and the winters can be cold and long. 😊

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @and_peggy that cruise sounds amazing, that would totally be on my bucket list! Funny enough, though I haven't traveled much outside the US, I have been to Scotland! I was a foreign exchange student when I was 16. Lived with another family and went to school in a small town near Glasgow. I absolutely LOVED it. 

Favorite Vacation: Cruise with the hubs when we'd been married for 1.5 years. Instead of being practical with our wedding money, we took a trip and it was worth every penny. We went to the Caribbean and my favorite place we visited was the Dominican Republic. Everywhere else was super touristy but DR was so genuine and the people lovely and kind. We just explored the island and did a small tour on horses to a waterfall. The food was also fantastic. We were childless at the time and so it was just the two of us. 

Dream Vacation: Right now, would be Disneyworld and a Disney cruise back to back with my daughters (and this little bean). It's something we've wanted to do for a long time but wanted to wait until my oldest was 10 and my youngest was 5. Add this bean who would be 2 and it sounds perfect still. That would be in two years, obvs. Gotta start saving now. 

As for a dream vacation for ME...definitely New Zealand or France. 
  • @starkette we did Disney last year. We were there 3 days before it shut down. My kids were almost 4, 2.5, 15 months, and I was 20 weeks pregnant. It was fun but exhausting. I would like to go again when everyone can wipe their own butt.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @and_peggy that cruise sounds amazing! There’s a week in the summer where I live, that there are soooo many fireflies, it literally looks like Christmas lights. For there to be a place with more sounds absolutely stunning!!! And yes, slightly scary haha.

@beck105 that Germany honeymoon sounds intriguing! Was the food and beer as great as I imagine it?

@lmaplejc I really want to go to Peru! You’ve been to so many cool places!

@adcc43 we do treasure island often too! Not every year but usually every other! My aunt is in FL (Atlantic side) so we usually go there and then end up somewhere else. I love treasure island and I might have to get your condo recommendation in the future! Lol. We usually go in end of feb or March. 

@starkette my mil is trying to talk us into a Disney cruise/trip back to back, and it’s freaking expensive!! Lol. But it sounds like a really fun time, especially for the kiddos!

My favorite vacation is every vacation. Lol. We did a cruise in 2019 when my kids were 3 & 9 months and it was SOO much fun! We went with family and had 3 rooms next to each other so it was so convenient! My oldest had an absolute blast!

My dream vacation would be a Mediterranean cruise. I love waking up somewhere else every day! And all that history is right up our ally. We also want to get over to Poland to meet extended family and see where our families are from!

• My favorite vacation was probably our trip to Hawaii, it was so beautiful, and we got to experience so many different things (hiking, mountain climbing, high altitude stargazing, SNUBA, caving...).

Dream vacation probably would be to New Zealand to see the beautiful settings of the Lord of the Rings movies and some truly gorgeous caves. Or someplace far north where I can see the Northern lights, since I've always wanted to see them!
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @and_peggy that cruise sounds incredible. Thailand and Singapore are both on my bucket list. 

@lmaplejc Edinburgh is on of my all-time favorite places. We went there when my older daughter was almost 2 and I was 4 months pregnant and had a blast. 

Other than Edinburgh, the best vacation I’ve done was a 2019 family trip to France with my family, my sister’s family (they were living in England at the time so met us there), and my parents. We started in Reims, did some WWI battlefield visits, went across the border to Bastogne, and then my husband, daughter, and I drove to Normandy. The history is spectacular, and it was a stunningly beautiful place with wonderful food. After Normandy, we drove back to Paris for the last couple days and did all the traditional sightseeing…and eating. For the whole trip I was in a boot because I had broken my foot a couple weeks before, but I still got around pretty well (and it actually got us into the Louvre since I was hobbled, and I guess they took pity)!

My dream vacation would be Italy. My husband and I were toying with doing it for my 40th birthday, but if all goes well I will be VERY pregnant at that time!
  • @paytonpedro the food and beer was EVERYTHING. It was so, so good.