June 2022 Moms

Re: FFFC 12/3

• Options
    I find everyone’s opinions on the baby names I want utterly useless. Unfortunately this also includes the baby daddy & love of my life. I struggle to care what what he was to say about what we should name her. I feel like it’s because he has such bad opinions?? 
  • Options
    @marionberry19 The baby is already getting my husband's last name and maybe middle name, so I feel I should be the one to chose the first name. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @romeoandjuliet146 I tried using that logic and he goes okay so she will have your last name and I’ll pick the first name. I back peddled really hard. 
  • Options
    LOL the name debate is always a fun one. It always makes me think of the Friends episode where Ross and Rachel were just vetoing names back and forth. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    @Tulips29 that’s what we are doing. He likes really boring plain names. But my son, from a prior marriage, has a very unique name. I’m not have a kid with a really cool unique name and a Fred. I
  • Options
    I’m tired of people trying to give me their hand me downs for my baby. I don’t know how to tell people without sounding like an entitled b**** that we can afford to buy what we need for our baby. This is our first child and my parents’ first grandchild, so we are all excited to get all the things we need. Make it stopppp!
  • Options
    Ultrasounds can look terrifying. I’ll just wait until my little monster pops out and looks human mmmkthanks. 
  • Options
    marionberry19marionberry19 member
    edited December 2021
    @fluteling I am dying. I 100% agree. I don’t think that 3D ultrasounds should even be available before 30 weeks. But your comment just reminded me of my favorite post to ever circulate the internet and honestly I have to resist the urge to comment it on every single 3D ultrasound I see 
  • Options
    @marionberry19 bahahahahahahaha! Yeah I remember one 3D one from last time where it looks like his hand is going through his head. Do I remember the cute ones? Sort of. A picture of a hand going through the brain? YEP. 
  • Options
    I hate bed time.  Shouldn’t bed time be a nice relaxing time to unwind and snuggle and read a book together? Nope. I hate my kids every night at bed time.  All I do is nag and get annoyed that no one is listening to me. We can have the best day ever and bedtime ruins it.  :s
  • Options
    @furmama2babymama yesssssssssssss

I 100% feel you on this. Not to mention, I don’t care how much I love you, you have a smell. That no laundry detergent gets rid of. I don’t want to smell you (or your kids) every time I snuggle my baby. The first thing three of my friends said to me when I told them we were having a girl was that they had SOOOOOOO many clothes for me. 
    I want to pick out her clothes, that’s half the fun of having a girl. I don’t want a million people’s hand me downs so that I feel guilty buying anything new. 

If I can’t dunk it in a bleach bath and scrub it down, I don’t want it.
  • Options
    @bender29 and @furmama2babymama I take the hand me downs thinking I’m being thrifty and then just end up being frustrated with the giant mishmash of crap I have that doesn’t match anything and now I need to get rid of.  
  • Options
    @KFrob my kids are some how super easy to put to bed every night but I was a nightmare to put to sleep as a child 😅 i still don’t sleep well as an adult. 

@bender29 i love hand me downs but I go through them I only keep stuff in great shape that matches everything else get donated unless you want it back lol if I have a girl though I’ll probably be more excited to shop. Boys clothes are just so boring anyway. My older boy prefers “sporty” clothes too so he only wants like Nike, Adidas, etc and like track suits and work out type clothes. He’ll wear anything g I hand me in the morning though so that’s nice.