May 2022 Moms
Options

WTF/Winning Wednesday

Things that make you go… WTF?!?!?! And any wins for the week? 

Re: WTF/Winning Wednesday

• Options
    One of y’all said this the other day and I couldn’t have agreed more. WTF. Wherrrrreee is it!?

• Options
    Also this. A huge WTF to the whole dang USA standard of parental leave. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF- blanqui leggings I sized up as suggested but the crotch section is horrible. They fall down like 2 inches and I feel like I can’t get them to stay up. These leggings were supposed to be sooooo amazing and I’m like, huh, I don’t get it. Any recs for decent leggings?  I do like the fact that they are like the shiny material so they look “nice” vs. the plain cotton old navy ones I have. 
    Winning- I fell asleep last night in my clothes after dinner and slept over 9 hours. Scoreeeee
  • Options
    @tacosandtums right!?!?!!!! I’m still waiting for my third size (up) to try on… if this doesn’t work, I’m blaming the leggings!! They did not fit right at all. The crotch was so low
  • Options
    @brookejay06 that is validating. I might return them. Even though I got them for half price, $32 is still a lot more than I like to pay ya know. 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums @brookejay06 I have "leggings" from seraphine and they also have a bit of a crotch sag, as other reviewers have noticed. What helps me is to either roll the panel down so it's under the bump, or, just hike it up further on my thighs. The legs on mine are super long so I have plenty of extra fabric so I pull that up to my upper thighs and that definitely helps keep the crotch in place, for whatever reason. It's magic. 

("Leggings" in quotes, because let's be real. I wouldn't wear them without a dress or very long shirt. They're more like a very very thick/opaque tights vs a legging). 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums @brookejay06 I thought it was just me! I hated the crotch of those leggings too and I had at least two recommendations for them. 

I've been loving this brand from Amazon. They're not shiny, but they're very comfy. I also typically struggle to find leggings that aren't see-through, but these pass the test! 

• Options
    Thanks @karisahamdi! I started a return for my blanqis, I’m going to order the other ones you linked! Haha in the return reason suggestions I simply wrote “fix the crotch” 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Awww I’m sad the Blanquis didn’t work out for y’all! I’m living in mine but I do agree they seem a bit long. I’m wondering if the crotch thing changes as the bump gets bigger? I didn’t notice it with mine but I did hike them way up 😂

• Options
    DH told me tonight that his dad said maybe DS would have more language if he watched more TV. What???!  We've been pretty strict on screen time since he was a baby. He watches shows but only about an hour a day max, and it's usually only when I'm cooking or taking a shower. I don't have anything against parents who allow their kids to watch more TV. I anticipate he'll watch a lot more once this baby is born, BUT right now I have the luxury of limiting his screen time. How could that be bad for him??? We're having him evaluated for speech in January because his annunciation is a little delayed, but no one has expressed concern about the amount of vocabulary he has. If anything, most people compliment the amount of vocabulary he has. Maybe I'm extra sensitive right now but ugh... This really rubbed me the wrong way. 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums @karisahamdi I’m glad I’m not alone!!!!! I’m more of a “pear shaped” gal, so maybe this brand just isn’t for me. I wonder if they fit different when the bump is bigger- maybe that’s the trick. But I feel like if anything should be able to make it through all trimesters is should be stretchy leggings!!! Cmon Blanqi. 
  • Options
    @runninginva That’s frustrating. It’s hard when you’re doing your best to get unsolicited comments from other people about potentially “better” ways to parent. Sure, “maybe” he would have more vocabulary if he watched more tv… but would it be “better” vocabulary? or would it be “royally annoying meow meow” (to quote the very annoying Daniel Tiger haha). Plus, by not watching tv he is developing other skills. It’s a catch 22. You don’t know if it would help him or hurt him, but you do know you’re doing what you believe is best for him. Until a Pedi says he has a speech problem, keep doing what you’re doing!!! I’m sure you’re doing a great job!! You know your son best. 
  • Options
    @brookejay06 @tacosandtums
    I have some from Zella that worked great for me with last pregnancy once I had a bit bigger of a bump. That crotch fabric thing is way too real!

I also love this pair of joggers from Amazon. They aren't maternity, but I think they'll work for awhile given the waistband. My sister wore them throughout her whole pregnancy. They are also super affordable. 
  • Options
    @brookejay06, funny you should mention that show. That's one of the few he watches on repeat. Like anytime we ask him what he wants to watch it's Daniel tiger. 🤦😂
  • Options
    @runninginva lol at YH's dad. 🤦‍♀️ It's definitely not bad to limit screen time. Kids definitely learn more by playing and interacting with people/kids than by watching TV. Sure, some programs are considered "educational" but TBH all screen time is the same to me, and I don't consider any program better than another. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @coffeemamaaaaa just put those joggers in my cart!

+1 to crotch sag on the blanqui leggings. I have to pull the panel up so far that it’s basically in my bra in order for it to stop. At least the shirts I wear with the leggings cover it, I guess. I feel like no leggings stay up on me pregnant or not (other than my lulu lemon aligns) and idk why. It’s not like I’m skinny haha