March 2022 Moms

PGAL 11/25

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Re: PGAL 11/25

• Weeks/EDD?
    25 weeks +1 day, due March 9

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)?
     1st pregnancy was PPROM resulting in stillbirth, it was long and drawn out.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically tired. Woke up with a charlie horse, but that’s on me for forgetting to do my pregnancy stretches before bed last night. Lol
    Emotionally better I think? Not as nervous as I was and I’m past my loss marker by just over 2 weeks. Also baby girl moves constantly, so it helps. I’ll admit, though, I still have some moments.
    Next big goal in my eyes is getting to third tri and passing my glucose test.

Any appointment updates? December 9 for regular OB and Gestational Diabetes screening, December 13 at MFM for growth scan.

Any big milestones? Last week was big hitting viability, each week past that is even better.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not right now.
  • @faithmovesmountains I'm glad you are feeling better! Hitting 28 weeks will be such a relief. 

Weeks/EDD? 3/3 

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MMC at 11 weeks

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I have been doing pretty well until this week. I'm having a ton of anxiety about movement and am getting really in my own head about it. I don't know. I feel almost on the verge of tears, even though I do feel her moving. It just isn't hard enough or wild enough in my mind. Pregnancy is so hard 😫. 

Any appointment updates? OB on Dec 9

Any big milestones? Nope
  • Loading the player...
  • @kgg2241
    Definitely.

Also here’s hoping you feel more movement soon!
    Baby girl took so long to start picking up in her movements, I feel, and even now I maintain my son kicked me harder and more frequently. Lol
    Wishing you all the best.
  • @faithmovesmountains I'm so glad you are safely past your milestones ❤  And yay for more movement!!!

@kgg2241 I feel you with the movement. There are days I feel baby often, and then days where I don't feel him at all and it freaks me out. Right now I'm sitting here drinking ice water trying to get him to kick me:/ He is NOT cooperating! I will say though that I feel like my girls were much calmer than this little guy in general...but I also had an anterior placenta with both of them so didn't feel them this early either...so maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges...

Weeks/EDD? 23+3 / March 21

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MMCs 14 and 10 weeks, CP, MC 7 weeks

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically worse...if that is even possible...? I was feeling slightly better the past week or so, but just feeling worse than ever now. I was hoping I'd be able to stomach salad at this point but nope. That sent my head immediately back in to the toilet. Ugh. Emotionally still waiting for something to go wrong. I feel like he should be moving more consistently...and then I remind myself that he sleeps at least 12 hours a day...but that doesn't do much to help me relax. The movement is comforting but just wish it was more. Plus I feel like his heart rate was too high at my last appointment...170...and I know he was loving around like crazy when the OB was checking it, but I still worry. I feel like his heart rate has been consistently higher than my girls...which I'm sure is fine since no one seems concerned...but it still adds stress.

Any appointment updates? GP Monday, GD test Thursday, OB 14th.

Any big milestones? Just waiting for viability on Monday. Plus also I read something that has put 27 weeks in my head so that will be my next goal...

Rants/Raves/Questions? I will be eligible for my COVID booster shortly before my delivery date. Should I get it just before delivery or just after? Any opinions? I can't make up my mind which would be better for baby....?

• @faithmovesmountains we are getting towards third tri. So close. So glad you have moved past your biggest milestone and feel good ❤️

@kgg2241 I can absolutely understand the emotions behind movement with loss history. With my first I had nothing to compare to. I realize now that had I had this very active baby first and then my less active baby I would have been so extremely worried. My first had very little noticeable movement even up until the end. I really hope for your own well-being that baby girl starts moving up a storm in there.

@Panaceia Im so sorry you’re feeling worse. I don’t have any official data on which time would be better for the booster. In my opinion though, sooner is always better. Less chance of getting sick right at the end and everything that would involve for delivery, plus there is a small chance baby will start making their own antibodies in utero and if not then, hopefully will be transferred some through breastfeeding if you are planning to do that.

Weeks/EDD? 25+1, March 10th

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MC in April

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? All around have had a good week. Was so nice to finally celebrate a holiday with (all vaccinated 🙌🏼) family again.

Any appointment updates? OB and GTT on the 17th

Any big milestones? Just look significantly more pregnant now. Like absolutely no hiding it until a baggy sweater.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have the best SIL (DH’s twin brother’s wife). We truly are so alike and best best friends. She has been so excited about this baby and it absolutely makes me emotional sometimes thinking of how supportive she is. The dynamics within my own family have been difficult for just over a year now and having her happily fill in the role of sister and best friend has made me just so extremely grateful.
  • @night_nurse Thank you for answering:) I think I'll probably get it just before delivery...in my non functioning pregnancy brain I was thinking it's either antibodies in utero OR antibodies from breastfeeding...but of course if I get it before delivery it would be both 😅 And you're so lucky to have an amazing SIL! I have 2 and am happy to give them away to anyone who wants them...
  • @faithmovesmountains yay for viability!!!! And tell me about these stretches that help prevent charlie horses?!

@kgg2241 I'm sorry about the anxiety! You're right, pregnancy is so hard ❤️

@Panaceia I'm so sorry you're feeling worse! That's so unfair! Did the doctor give you any possible reason for the elevated heart rate?
    For the booster, research shows that during pregnancy, mom can pass on the antibodies so our plan is for me to get it in 3rd tri. Plus then that's in addition to what baby will get in breast milk. Hopefully. Providing I can nurse adequately this time. So it is the best protection for baby.

@night_nurse I'm glad you've got SIL In your corner!

Weeks/EDD? 24+1 March 21

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)?  2 spontaneous, one at 6-7 and one at 10w

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically ok. I've got the sciatica under control for the moment, mostly, as long as I'm super careful. Emotionally, I'm struggling. My anxiety has been HIGH the last few days. Every time I don't feel baby move for a few min, I'm panicking. My brain is suddenly CONVINCED there is something wrong. Tonight, I've been cramping. I was rocking DS and the anxiety was so overwhelming, it was crushing. I literally started crying.
    I don't know what triggered this anxiety. Which makes it worse, since my anxiety brain is then telling me "it's because subconsciously you KNOW something is wrong..."
    *TMI** I'm hoping the trigger was an unexpected rectal bleed I had a few days ago..scared the crap outta me until I realized it wasnt vaginal. I assume it's related to recent constipation, but..it was very unexpected so I was startled. But I'm hoping between that and the high anxiety from DS's allergy challenge, that it's just overwhelmed my coping abilities?

Any appointment updates? OB on Dec 13th. Sounds like he's scheduling me for routine blood work? I assume he meant the glucose test.

Any big milestones? I don't think so

Rants/Raves/Questions: I admit, I hate that you ladies also struggle. But it made me feel...calmer, and like I'm not a freak or idiot for feeling anxious, to see that others have similar struggles. So thank you for sharing ❤️
  • @goldfishcraker
    Never think you’re a freak or an idiot for how you feel. I know that’s not easy when you’re going through it, but try to remember your feelings are valid.
     I’m sorry your anxiety has been flaring so bad, hoping things get better for you soon.

As for the stretches I do, I’m certainly no expert and I’m sure staying hydrated goes hand in hand. However, I do find when I stretch before bed I don’t get leg cramps which I seem to get more readily without stretching.

For leg stretches it’s simply sitting with your legs out flat in front of you, toes pointed up(standard position) and touching your toes, or trying to.
     I have short hamstrings and have never been able to touch my toes during this, but I get as close as I can. You can feel the tug of the muscles at the back of the leg and weirdly it seems to help.

This and a few other stretches were recommended in a little book my OB gave me in my first two pregnancies to help with pregnancy related aches and pains. I do the stretches every night (usually) and feel like I notice a difference.
  • @goldfishcraker I'm so sorry you're feeling so stressed and anxious. I wish none of us had to feel this way and it feels so unfair that we can't just enjoy our pregnancies. I've been feeling the stress of the anxiety lately as well. Between the elevated heart rate (the doctor wasn't worried at all and didn't even mention it...and my GP appointment on Monday my doctor said it sounded great but didn't give me the rate) and the massive stomach aches and pains I've been having (it's probably just what I'm eating these days but still...) combined with not feeling movement for periods of time, it also has me assuming the worst. Especially now that I ordered somebody clothes during the cyber Monday deals...I feel like I've jinxed it:/ It is crazy the things that can be triggering. I sincerely hope that you feel a ridiculous amount of movement the next few days and that it helps to ease your mind at least a bit. Sending love your way ❤