July 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms: 11/22

Hopefully the randoms thread will be a hit, anything you wanna say that doesn’t really fit some where else can go here! 

Happy thanksgiving week! I worked today and work tomorrow and then I am off for a 5 day weekend and it is SO needed!

Re: Weekly Randoms: 11/22

• @bearsandbeets7 me too!  My 5 yo has a Thanksgiving performance at her preschool tomorrow and I can't wait to go see it.  It's going to be so cute!!
  • I don't have off on Wednesday but I figure it will be quiet and maybe they'll let us go home early!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • We are moving in 5 weeks (a couple days after Christmas). I’m trying not to be overwhelmed with everything that needs done! I’m crossing everything that the nausea holds off as long as possible so I can get everything done for Christmas, moving and having this house ready for showings 
  • @inthewoods23 🤞 you get out early!

@melanier26 good luck with moving! That’s got to be so hard this time of year!
  • Since I didn’t see a bitchfest post, I’ll bitch here. Sorry this got so long!

My MIL is so incredibly toxic/batshit crazy. We’ve been here since Friday and I’m going insane! Every single thing she says has a clear ulterior motive/meaning, but she never admits it and pretends to have no idea what you’re talking about when you call her out on it. As I’m writing this, she just said “since you’re not teaching any classes this semester, does that mean you pick DD up any earlier?” Which really means: “I don’t think you spend enough time with your daughter because you work” (a recurring “worry” of hers that she never fails to find a way to bring up). “She loves that I’m paying attention to this picture she just drew!” = “You should be paying more attention to her than the football game” (yes, I relax and don’t necessarily hang on DD’s every.single.word.and.action when grandparents are around to help entertain). “Finish your spaghetti, I’m worried you’re hungry and you need to fill your belly” = “I don’t think you feed her enough” (another TOTALLY unfounded concern of hers that she has been obsessing about since the day DD was born…yes she’s small, but perfectly proportional and she comes by it honestly (H isn’t big, I’m tiny) and no doctor has EVER been concerned about her size and also WTAF does she think it’s okay to say these things to us???). She cares way more about DD than she does about even her relationship with her son. DD is obsessed with her and I love that they have that love. It’s just exhausting when everything she says can be decoded into some kind of dig/ridiculous worry of hers. And yet she doesn’t even worry about the stuff she SHOULD worry about, like wearing her seatbelt or VAPING IN OUR CAR right next to our kid (seriously). And she and H had a blow-up fight this morning because H told DD she couldn’t play with chemical cleaning supplies and MIL can’t handle anyone saying “no” to DD or doing anything that upsets her in the slightest 😑 /end rant (sorry for the word vomit!)
  • PSA - anybody can create the weekly threads! We're all owners of this board and are self-organized so if you've got something to gripe about go ahead and create the bitchfest thread. Creating a belated thread is fine too.

@L1C4gal that's so obnoxious. Why are parents so freaking weird with that kind of crap. I was just talking with someone earlier today about how there are some parents/grandparents out there that keep baby cribs for us to use but it's like, umm hello those are known death traps now no thanks! They weirdly think they know best but their knowledge is so outdated. Like you said, it's perfectly find that your DD is small. I have a friend with 1 year old who was already in like 18mo clothes before his 1st birthday. He's just a big kid! He's not overweight. Nothing wrong with that at all.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @L1C4gal I am sorry, that sounds incredibly frustrating to deal with. It’s nice that she and your DD have a good relationship but I’m sure it makes it super difficult to want them to have that when she acts that way. 

• We've had so many issues arise with our house this year - it all started with our basement flooding in March. We thought it was just a failed sump pump so we replaced that, but then it flooded again. We had a super old Bdry system in the basement and when we pulled up the carpet, it revealed that the concrete was crumbling. So, we assumed it was the Bdry system and had that fixed. Nope, still wasn't it. Well, it took forever and a day to get the right people in the right places and today, we finally got a quote to fix an outside drainage pipe that is crowded with tree roots which caused the water to not efficiently move away from the house and backed up our sump pump. Is it sad that I almost cried happy tears that it's only going to cost $1600? I was bracing myself for much more. Ahhh, the joys of home ownership. 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• @inthewoods23 right?! It’s like the new safety recs are totally lost on them. MIL never let us forget how appalled she was that we didn’t put a pillow or blankets in her crib until she was close to 2, that we did extended rear-facing, etc. SMH. And yes on the weight…our ped always says that there will be kids at either end of the curve—that’s the definition of the curve and how it’s made! (Plus DD is exactly 50th percentile for height-to-weight ratio…she’s a shorty…but of course MIL can’t see the logic in that.) Thanks for commiserating, I felt better spewing it all out! 😆
  • @sunshineandlemons Good luck to your daughter today. That’s going to be so much fun to watch!

@inthewoods23 We used to get sent home early on the Wed before Thanksgiving but they haven’t done it in recent years. I’m still holding onto hope for tomorrow though lol.

@melanier26 Holy cow. Moving is stressful enough, and then you throw Christmas into the mix... and 1st trimester. Man. I would be a basket case lol.

@l1c4gal Well your MIL sounds like a delight… How long will you be staying with them? I couldn’t imagine staying at my MIL’s house. I would go insane.

@laeberge3 That’s not too bad of a price! It could definitely be worse. I’m glad you’re finally getting to the bottom of the problem.

My random today is that I’m supposed to be working on some training materials for work and all I want to do is bang my head against the wall. I hate this type of work with a passion.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @L1C4gal I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. My step mom is exactly the same way so I really feel what you're dealing with. 
  • @laeberge3 We just bought a house last year and I'm just bracing myself for some random huge costs that are bound to pop up. 
  • My random today is that we're all home isolating due to high risk covid exposure, as we are living in a hot spot right now. No matter what I do my son will not nap - he naps for my husband, at daycare, no problems. With me NOPE. He just keeps leaving his room and doing gymnastics and flips on his bed and like.... I am just bracing myself for a cranky toddler this evening 😬 why is going to work so much easier than being home all day with my son? He's such a handful! 

@stardustskies we bought this year too and I am waiting for the same. 

and @L1C4gal ... yikes! hope you aren't staying there too.mucb longer! 
  • My sense of smell is going wild this week! I feel terrible, but I especially cannot stand the way my puppy smells!😞 He’s such a sweet boy and I hate that I feel like this, but every time he tries to cuddle with me I want to gag! He’s been freshly bathed too in the hopes that would do the trick, but it’s just something in his natural dog smell! I’m in my 8th week and hoping my nausea and smell overload will start to fade out soon! Meanwhile, hubby is trying to give him extra love, but I can tell he feels like I’m mad at him! 

@L1C4gal I agree with above, hope you’re headed to your family’s for the rest of the week! 
  • Just got my beta hcg result. I'm 5w0d and my level was 7,402! This seems really high (and no way my dates are off.) Just freaking out a little because google days could be molar pregnancy, could be twins. My doctor hasn't responded to my message, hopefully she will tomorrow. Anyone else have high levels that were/ are just a normal pregnancy? My first scan isn't for a few more weeks.
  • @weezyfbaby1003 The dog thing is totally normal. I can’t STAND my cats off and on throughout pregnancy. It’s just a hormone thing. Hopefully it fades for you!! The one cat is hella mad at me because I can’t cuddle her right now 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @stardustskies I’ve looked at a few different charts for normal HCG and it’s on the higher end of the chart for 5 weeks I wouldn’t really be concerned personally. Hopefully your doctor gets back to you with some answers or eases your concerns!
  • @stardustskies Twins! That would be so awesome! Do you have a history of twins in your family? 

@weezyfbaby1003 I know what you mean about smell. My dog had an accident in the house and I feel like I can still smell pee. Then, I have a bouquet of flowers that’s about on its last leg and I swear they smell rancid. I was hoping they would last until Thanksgiving so my FIL could see them (he got them for my birthday) but I don’t think I can hold out that long. 
  • @sunshineandlemons Nope. I'm sure it's just me freaking out because google. 🙃 Just hoping someone gets back to me today lol