2nd Trimester

Extreme full feeling

Hello,

I’m in week 24 and for the last 2 weeks I’ve experienced a feeling of being so full that sometimes it’s hard to eat/drink all my fluids. 
Has anyone experienced this or something similar? It’s so uncomfortable and of course I worry something is wrong. 

Re: Extreme full feeling

• Try to eat smaller meals more frequently. There is a baby squashing all of your internal organs and at 24 weeks it’ll get worse before it gets better.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I felt an extremely full feeling between 5 and 8 weeks. I just figured it was the bloating. I'm 13w4d now and it eventually passed for me. I don't know if it will come back when I'm further along.
  • Loading the player...
  • Had this at 20 weeks and talked to my midwife! She said eat smaller more frequent meals and increase fibre - probably bloating + potential constipation! Our bowels really slow down the processessing of food 
  • Feel your pain ladies. I feel like someone could pop me with a pin. Its constant and so uncomfortable .stool softners, extra fibre, not helping much. Hoping it passes..
  • I'm 16 wks and I've had this full feeling for 4 weeks now. Doc told me I have gastroparesis - I'm not digesting my food and it takes a few days to empty my stomach.

A mix of severe constipation and bloat is pushing my colon up into my stomach and the food has no where to go - I can bend over to tie my shoe and I regurgitate food.

Try using laxatives daily for a week to clear your colon and bloat so your stomach has more room.

And for that week, I just ate a semi-liquid diet of soft easily digestible foods to help with the gastric emptying.

I hope this helps! 
  • Ugh thank you for sharing pjs! I’m having this issue the last few days in particular, sometimes with stomach cramps. My doctor just told me I can try softeners/a laxative and after trying tons of fruits, veggies, whole grains, and even prune juice…I think it’s time 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Omg I'm not the only one!!!! It's a terrible feeling. I've tried fruits , veggies, stool softener and nothing is working. I'm going to bring it up with my doctor next time I see her. I'm 18 weeks and feeling this way for the last few.