June 2022 Moms

Weekend Randoms 11/12-11/14

I haven't seen a randoms started in a while!

We are headed out of town for our niece's baptism this weekend.  We haven't told family yet so debating between this weekend (but we don't want to steal thunder from baptism) or Thanksgiving.  Hard to hide at this point but also willing to just awkwardly let everyone be unsure :)
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekend Randoms 11/12-11/14

• My son is on a 5 day trip right now, longest he’s ever been away from me was overnight. Apparently my minds way of coping is to dream of him & this baby. I just keep waking up sad.
  • @bww_0331 I think you could tell in a way that wouldn't steal the thunder. 
    @marionberry19 thats tough. You will be back with your son soon so just try to enjoy the little bit of extra rest time.

We aren't telling anyone we are pregnant yet. I'll be 12 weeks next week but I don't want work to know so we will probably wait until December before we announce. I've told my family and his and a couple of friends and that is it. My mom just informed me that she has told all her coworkers and her whole church. I grew up in a small town so that basically means everyone will know. It pisses me off cause she knew we were waiting she just doesn't agree with us waiting so she told everyone she wanted to. Now I fear my grandmother and other family members will find out from someone else. Luckily I live a couple hours away so hopefully no one here will find out before i'm ready. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh my dreams are getting wilder and grosser. Hands down my least favorite symptom of pregnancy. The dreams are never just fun. No they have to play up my fear of bacteria/germs (work in a hospital so I'm just conscious of them. Lol) and bugs and snakes. I just...I don't want to sleep anymore. Lololol

@bww_0331 usually in cases like that I always base it on the person who's having the event. If they'll mind I don't announce, if they won't then I will. If I don't know then I keep quiet still. Lol but also, I've already decided to announce on Christmas of course it'll be at my house so I won't be infringing on any hosts who would have a problem with that lol. 

@marionberry19 my girls haven't been away from me that long so I can only imagine how sad it makes you, but he'll be back soon!
  • @bww_0331 I think you can totally announce without stealing thunder. Maybe after their event? Or tell them first and tell them you didn't want to steal their thunder but would love to announce? 
    @marionberry19 that's tough, but the reunion will be that much sweeter! 
    @ournextadventure that's a tough one. Personally, I'd be upset if someone I wanted to tell on my own would find out from someone else. Perhaps you can still tell your mom to stop spreading the news before you're ready?
    @casper1118 OMG my dreams get wild sometimes! But more of a creepy way and often items sexual. Like I wake up confused wondering if I just cheated on my husband! 

I randomly tear up at everything. Like puppies on TV, a random person's sad story I read online, cute baby videos...you name it. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Y'all the amount I'm spending on Doordash/takeout lately is frightening. 😭 We're lucky we have good jobs but I'm usually pretty frugal, I feel bad. I'm not even eating more, if anything less, and we go grocery shopping lots. But nothing in our house ever sounds good so I end up ordering the things that I would probably eat. But then there's leftovers and I don't want to eat it again all week and end up throwing it away D:
  • @huckleberrypie same. Saaaaaame. 😩
  • @huckleberrypie Exactly! I have food at my house but then I crave something and end up getting takeout. I did try doordash one time and it was so expensive!

@ournextadventure I hope you will be able to tell your other family members the news yourself.
  • @huckleberrypie and @romeoandjuliet146 We're doing a ton of take out too.  I feel so guilty, not only for spending the money but I'm not exactly getting the healthiest of choices either. 
  • @huckleberrypie i've been doing this too. I have had the worst cravings triggered by advertisements. Its so bad. I've ordered pizza so much lately and then I end up only eating like a slice or two and im done. So wasteful but I can't stop.
  • @huckleberrypie me too, don’t feel bad. This is a short season of life just take care of yourself 💕 right after baby is born We usually order in a lot too. 
  • I spent $34 on generic Chinese delivery from door dash knowing full well I would be disappointed by it, and I was. I will make this decision again in roughly six months lol.