Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 11.8

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 2, 6+2

FTM/STM/STM+:  STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  We will find out through a NIPT (I think around 10-12 weeks, but I don't remember exactly when we took it last time).

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: No idea. I haven't had time to track that sort of detail this time around lol

Upcoming appointments: I have my first ultrasound (with the RE) scheduled for Nov. 16th. I'll be around 7.5 weeks, which I know is still on the early side, but it's a full week+ longer than we had to wait for an u/s after our last round of IVF 3 years ago.  

How are you feeling?:  OK. So far my biggest symptom is tiredness, plus random uterus cramps. Not too much nausea yet, but I've started getting some hints that it's coming. 

Rants/Raves: DH just started a new job and so won't be able to come to the first u/s, which we're really bummed about. 

Questions: None at the moment

Stuffing. My family's recipe is the best. Mashed potatoes and our sweet potato casserole are for second.

• Options
    @skilouise that's a huge bummer that YH can't make it to the US!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 14th/4+5

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out for sure! Probably from the NIPT

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby is the size of the tip of a bobby pin - or fits on the end of a bobby pin? 🤷‍♀️

Upcoming appointments: call with the RI in Wednesday. Anytime after Thursday my OB will allow my HCG and progesterone to be checked. Pregnancy consult in a couple weeks on the 2nd.

How are you feeling?: Totally fine. Still getting occasional twinges. I've had some feelings of blah-ness that's not on the level of nausea but more in line with stomach pains because I haven't eaten a lot lately or just feeling slightly off. Last couple mornings I've been feeling quite hungry after 10/10:30.

Rants/Raves: Rave - my department finally has a req put in to get another engineer for our group which... Thank God finally! We've needed this for the last year and a half but also I'm laughing because maternity leave eventually loses a person again. Not that I care since I'll be the one off caring for a newborn haha. Rant - I have a 6am flight tomorrow which means I need to wake up at 3 or 3:30 😫🥱

Questions: when is a reasonable time to start a registry? I did one with my last pregnancy that ended in a MC at 8w so I feel I should hold off longer this time around. Do people often wait until they're out of 1st tri?

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat? I'm all about the potatoes, green beans, and cranberry sauce (from the can). Dessert-wise I like anything with apples.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: June 14/22  or July 7/22 (~8 or 5 weeks)

FTM/STM/STM+:STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Not sure yet

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: depends, haha

Upcoming appointments: First doctor appointment tomorrow! 

How are you feeling?: Today was my first day of intense nausea/yuck feeling most of the day 

Rants/Raves: Nothing atm

Questions: none

Stuffing and pumpkin pie! (not together of course! Haha) 
  • Options
    July 1st / 6 weeks, 3 days

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Finding Out! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A chocolate chip, which I ate a lot of today 😋

Upcoming appointments: 29 days until my first ultrasound (December 8th)...not counting down the days or anything lol

How are you feeling?: Round. Symptoms come and go so far. With my son, morning sickness reared its ugly head at 7 weeks so...yay.

Rants/Raves: Why can't my OB see me before 10 weeks? Jerk. 

Questions: Nothing really...just plugging along, waiting until I can find out gender.

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat? I love mashed sweet potatoes so much. I ate a good pound or two of them when I was 38 weeks pregnant with my December 2018 baby. Yum. Also, pecan pie with vanilla ice cream!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I'll be honest...I had a registry started for this baby well before he/she was conceived. If I think of a good product or see something I may want, I throw it onto my Amazon baby registry.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I don't think I started my registry until second tri.  Public registries are under your real name, so if you're trying to keep a pregnancy on the DL during first tri, there's always at least a chance someone you know could find the registry before you announce. Some platforms may let you keep the registry private at first though, if you want a placeholder to save things you're interested in. 

Also- there are approximately eleven billion options for every type of baby gear imaginable. I found it really overwhelming at first.  I highly recommend Lucie's List as a great first stop for (1) figuring out what the heck you actually even need for a baby, and (2) detailed reviews of many of the options for different types of baby gear. 

• Options
    @paradise_8990 I have to ask how there could be a 3 week discrepancy in your due date! Not sure when you ovulated?

@binxybaby you know, that reminds me that my friend may have bought me a baby shower gift years ago haha. I just know with last time it was annoying to get the emails, coupon, and freaking formula samples after my MC. I suppose I could start an Amazon wish list rather than a registry.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @binxybaby Yay December 18 babies!  I was in the Jan 19 BMB, but my son decided to show up a week and a half early. 

• Options
    @skilouise I second Lucie's list! Great resource!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @skilouise my friend who had her first when she was 20 and therefore didn't have a lot to get by said she'd give me all the tips on what's absolutely necessary and completely unnecessary. I hope all the lists aren't like wedding registry lists that tell you that you need sets of China, an espresso machine and a coffee machine, plus a bunch of other things I know I'll have no use for.

Like is a diaper genie really worth it? Or would any trash bin with a lid do?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 You'll definitely find lists like that! Formula making machines, $1500 bassinets, etc.

I haven't tried a diaper genie, but we have an Ubbi and it's worth it. It keeps the smell in and those diapers can get NASTY. I'm also a fan of wipe warmers, but I know a lot of people aren't. 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 2/6+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out! We did panorama with my first, but will probably wait until anatomy scan with this one since we know the genetic factors mostly now

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby is the size of a sweet pea ☺️

Upcoming appointments: 1st appointment and ultrasound isn’t until Dec 2! I’ll be almost 10 weeks at that point. 

How are you feeling?: Started off with diarrhea and now on the opposite spectrum within the week 🙃 So far this pregnancy has  been soooo different from my first. I’m so weepy! But it’s always happy tears!

Rants/Raves: Rants-I have no idea if my hubs can come back for the ultrasound or not. I need to call tomorrow! My SIL is one month ahead of me and her SO couldn’t come back with her, but it’s a different doctor. Raves- my best friend and my SIL are also pregnant! BF due end of Feb with her first, SIL due beginning of June with her first, then me in July with #2! Next Christmas sure will be extra fun!

Questions: Has anyone ever tried the peeing in baking soda thing to find out gender? Did it work? Lol

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat? Mashed potatoes and pecan pie!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 11/ 5 weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out via NIPT. I’m an AMA and loss mama so all the testing shall be done!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an orange seed?

Upcoming appointments: I have a repeat beta tomorrow and will talk with doc on Wed to discuss next appt. Probably in the next 1-2 weeks. Their office does first visit between 6-8 weeks so I’m hoping to get in next week if all tests still look good. 

How are you feeling?: nervous. Sore boobs. Fatigue hit today moderately but I know the worst is still to come! Occasionally mild cramps and very random short bursts of super mild nausea

Rants/Raves: thankful my doc is taking whatever steps he can to help this pregnancy be successful and ease my worries. I go to a small office and although it has annoying things about it, I feel like everything there is rooting for you. 

Questions: none today 

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat? All the vegetarian sides! Green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, my homemade cranberry sauce with dried fruits and nuts. And love me some good pumpkin pie! 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD: 7/19

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Finding out. My husband really wants a boy though. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a vanilla seed, I think?

Upcoming appointments: Nothing scheduled yet. Need to see how bloodwork plays out, otherwise, it’ll be sometime during the second week of December.

How are you feeling?: Tired, some cramping. I swear I had a round ligament pain today. I’m really hoping for sore boobs… I think it’ll ease my mind that everything is going ok.

Rants/Raves: Rants- I hate when daylight savings time ends and it’s dark before 5. Raves: we are having one of my favorite dinners tomorrow. I. Can’t. Wait.

Questions: none

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat? Favorite side- toss up between broccoli casserole and stuffing. Dessert- peanut butter pie (we always have pumpkin and usually pecan too but PB is my favorite!)
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/3 /6+0

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team finding out!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: size of a lentil.

Upcoming appointments: Because of Thanksgiving we're not scheduled until Dec. 2nd. 

How are you feeling?: So nervous with every twinge or random pain. Other than sore breasts, a little Moody, and some queasiness, I've been feeling pretty ok. 

Rants/Raves: I'm super nervous with the appointment being so far out and not knowing what to expect, but trying to take it one day at a time. 

Questions: Any recommendations for a safe acne face wash? 

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat? Sweet potato casserole. 😋
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 6th, 5+6

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We've decided to find out through sneak peek, gonna be ordering it this week! Absolutely mad that we'll know whether we're having a boy or a girl in like 2 weeks!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A lavender bud (Adorable)

Upcoming appointments: Booking appointment on the 25th November 🎉

How are you feeling?: Absolutely fine and at peace, no nausea for a while which I was struggling with before, the only thing is my messed up sleeping schedule I've been waking up around 4am for the past few nights 

Rants/Raves: Rant - I'm training up a newbie tonight which is fine but its her first time on my floor so it's gonna take me twice as long to do anything and of course work haven't given me anyone else to help. Rave - My puppies been absolutely incredible recently, I took him off the lead for the third time yesterday and his recall was perfect he even stopped playing with another dog when I told him to!

Questions: Regarding due date I have mine figured out based on my cycle with luteal phase and when we conceived which is the 6th but my doctors just want to know the first day of my last period which makes it the 3rd. Which would you go with for now, theirs which is 'basic' or mine which is 'more accurate'?

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat? British so haven't had it first hand but I do love sweet potato
  • Options
    paradise_8990paradise_8990 member
    edited November 2021
    @inthewoods23 Haha! So we were ttc in September, I got my "period" suddenly and 5 days early. I suspected it was potentially implantation bleeding but it seemed too heavy and lasted too long so I didn't bother testing. We stopped ttc in October actually because my sister is getting married in July 2022 and I'm the MOH, but then I didn't get my period and when I tested my positive was even darker than the control line, haha! Sooo it would be awesome if my edd was June 14 not July 7 but we'll see!! Baby just really didn't want to miss the wedding apparently 😅🥰
  • Options
    paradise_8990paradise_8990 member
    edited November 2021
    @inthewoods23 I don't have any suggestions for total lists but diaper genies are totally worth it!! Haha. The system is more than just a lid like a garbage can would have and with the sleeve system you can change it as often as you want without wasting a whole garbage bag. When baby is little the poop doesn't get as stinky but for older babies we put one in the bathroom for poop diapers instead of leaving it in their room, and it doesn't usually get very full before we change it. Alternatively I would suggest buying doggy poop bags and putting your diapers in those and then in the garbage. We do that for travel, they make ones for babies but I'm certain they're far over priced, although they are a bit bigger.
  • Options
    Est due date: July 14

FTM.

Team finding out. What exactly is team green?

Baby is the size of a speck of sea salt on a fancy chocolate.

First appt- dec 7

Rants- it seems odd to me that the OB can’t see me until 9 weeks and yet there are all these rules to follow. I even called and asked the nurse if there was anything I should/ should not be doing. She said “not really.”

Questions- anyone else here slightly terrified and overwhelmed?

Favorite thanksgiving side & desert. Mashed potatoes. Pumpkin pie.
  • Options
    quelinda99quelinda99 member
    edited November 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 19, 4+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Finding Out!!!!! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Poppy seed

Upcoming appointments: Fought for a blood test today. Other than that they said no ultrasound until Dec 13 but then I'm not even sure if they scheduled me. 

How are you feeling?: Fine. Anxious for confirmation, for sure. Mostly annoyed with the doctors office. Hoping to get good numbers today even though it's early.

Rant: Losing it with my OBs office. I have been arguing with them in my head for the past two days. It's ridiculous that they are saying I can't come in until week 9 at least. And there's no way to get to anyone besides reception. I find their attitudes SO grating. I am thinking about switching but this office is the closest to me (30 min away) and the next closest is 45 min away which makes it a lot more challenging to travel for appointments during the work day. I can't be out for hours and hours at a time, especially if I haven't told anyone yet. But if this office continues to be challenging, I don't think I can take it any more. What is so frustrating is that I am sure my doctor would be happy to accommodate but I have no idea how to even get through to talk to him.

Questions: Anyone else's husband keep saying "It's twins!!!" for no reason other than his "gut feeling"?

What's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat - Definitely STUFFING!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately we are headed to my in-laws for Thanksgiving and they cook it inside the bird... not too keen, especially during pregnancy. Maybe I'll bring some Stovetop stuffing with me :D
  • Options
    tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
    edited November 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Per period July 7th 5+5? , per when I actually think I conceived July 2nd, 6+3

FTM/STM/STM+: Third Time Mom

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Definitely finding out! It really helps me to know who is growing inside of me and helps me bond pre-birth. We already have names picked and I want to use the right one. It's a weird mental thing for me. We didn't have a boy name when this pregnancy started and I was really struggling with feeling like this baby was a baby. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Interesting baby fact: The third time is NOT the charm. I am just as sick and miserable as always. 

Upcoming appointments: Trying to get an ultrasound scheduled. 

How are you feeling?: Horrific, but that isn't new. And I was ready for it. Nauseous, exhausted, WAY to sore and achy for being this early. Food is the enemy seeing as nothing sounds good for eating right now. I'm just trying to remember that once this is over and my family is complete I will be nothing but happy. Just holding on to those clothes and that carrier and trying to make it through. 

Rants/Raves:

Rave: My dream baby carrier (Happy baby in this absolutely beautiful teal) arrived today and I am STOKED.

Rant: Insurance is a nightmare. I love the insurance I currently have through the marketplace and it would have been like $600 total for the whole pregnancy. HAHA jokes on me because they're dropping that plan and the "replacement" is not even close to comparable in coverage. Also, I can't have the midwife I had for my last pregnancy under this insurance. Idk how considering the office proudly displays they take "over 800!" insurance plans! Except not mine. OR any of the replacement options that I have. How is there that many insurance options in one little area!? And the other replacement options I have don't take the doctors I can see right now either!! WHY. And also how. I'm so frustrated with all of this. 

Questions: TTM+moms.... is all this achiness just par for the course by the third time? I've heard other moms mention it but DANG. I'm just so sore. I feel to old for this XD

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat? My homemade cranberry sauce that is REAL cranberry sauce with the full berries. That can stuff kept me away from the deliciouness for too long!! 

@inthewoods23 our family often does Christmas gifs for the new baby, so I’ve always asked for at least some things in the first tri (I’ve always been due in July) Also as a TTM who’s basically a minimalist, there are so many unnecessary baby things. Oh so many. Personally, no diaper genies or wipe warmers around here and we’re doing just fine. 

@ladykaty91 unless it’s an ultrasound or a blood test, all of those “gender” tests aren’t real 🤷🏼‍♀️ They have a 50/50 chance of working though, so they get passed around a lot because 50% of people would get it back accurately since there’s only two choices! 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: IDK yet - I think either July 1st or July 8th

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We will find out with NIPT around 12 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: No clue -waiting to download the apps until I know how far along I am

Upcoming appointments: I have a dating ultrasound tomorrow morning!!! 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I'm having major anxiety, and almost wish I would be nauseous so I would know everything is okay. I was pretty sick weeks 6-16 last pregnancy and as bad as it was, at least it was reassuring.  

Rants/Raves: DH gets to come to the ultrasound tomorrow!!!! Because of the pandemic, he did not get to come to ANY ultrasounds or appointments with me for our daughter, so this is big deal for us!

Questions: Nope

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat? Stuffing. But the stuffing from a box, not homemade or actually placed inside of a turkey. 

@inthewo@inthewoods23 - I found this book to be VERY helpful when I was making my registry. Hopefully that link works.

@lalasprinkles - Not a facewash, but I use Blume Meltdown oil for breakouts, and it is safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding. 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 9, 5+3

FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM @lalasprinkles @quelinda99 @tsh2021 (yes, definitely terrified and overwhelmed) @rosegoldg @inthewoods23 - so glad to have a good amount of FTMs in the group so I am not the only one who has no idea what is going on :wink:  

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team undecided - am I the only one that does not feel strongly either way? 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby is as tall as an "M" on an M&M

Upcoming appointments: US on 11/22 - I just told the scheduler I had to be seen before Thanksgiving because I couldn't wait :) 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good - I look forward to the symptoms to relieve my anxiety. Lots of intermittent nausea, cramps, sore boobs. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - how is time going so slowly?! 

Questions: I read nail polish and pedicures are suspect... is this really true?!

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat? Green bean casserole and sweet potatoes 

@lalasprinkles I spent a ton of time researching on facewash that is pregnancy safe and came up with the following Target options: Neutrogena skin balancing purifying and softening gel cleanser & Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Let me know if you hear of any other pregnancy safe beauty products!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 13 / 4+6

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Almost an orange seed?

Upcoming appointments: Not until 12/21

How are you feeling?: Very normal, with the exception of mildly sore boobs and one instance of RLP/lightning crotch (which I had bad last time). I'm very tired, but that's nothing new...I've been exhausted since my daughter was born in 2017 :D

Rants/Raves: Rant - My brother and his family aren't coming to Thanksgiving at my grandparents' this year (they're going to SIL's family instead), which is understandable but a bummer. We can't really go to H's family's Thanksgiving because they're doing business as usual with 100 people :#, and my family's small (and now tiny without brother's family) gathering won't be much fun for my kid--no other kids now, and lots of dogs (she is very afraid of dogs). But I want to see my parents! We live 3.5 hours from our families so it's not like we get a lot of chances to see everyone. Anyways, the holiday just got more complicated and I'm contemplating sticking around here for a Friendsgiving. Rave - We had family pictures taken on Sunday and got the sneak peeks back, and I'm in love with them!!!

Questions: Not that I can think of right now...

GTKY: All of it. Everything. :D
  • Options
    @howardme - I posted the nail polish question in another app and got some hate. It seems to me if these seemingly innocent things things (nail polish, face wash, Brie cheese) are that dangerous a doctor should be telling us earlier in pregnancy then 8-10 weeks. Instead we are left to scare ourselves to death with google. Would love some non judgmental, real guidance on how not to kill the tiny human now growing inside me. 🤨😂
  • Options
    @ladykaty91 hopefully YH can come to the appointment with you! IMO, I feel we have enough precautions in place (like lots of people vaccinated) that it's totally fine to have someone with you for the appointment.

@sunshineandlemons DH is the same, he really wants a boy. Also I have 2 nieces so we need to change things up in the family lol

@rosegoldg I would go based off LMP because that's what the doctors will go by. I'm sticking with my LMP even though I ovulated on CD17 because that would push my due date to 7/16 which is my SIL's birthday and I don't always like her so I want to keep it at the 14th lol

@tsh2021 I've been having a taste for beef summer sausage the last couple weeks and only a couple days after my BFP did I finally wonder whether or not that was actually okay to eat lol. Also on the brie cheese - as long as it's pasteurized it's fine. I had that worry about goat cheese last year that at the time I had only recently discovered liking and turns out what's in the store is pasteurized too. Team green just means you choose not to find out the sex during your pregnancy so it's a surprise until birth.

@quelinda99 not being seen until week 9 seems to be pretty normal. I can go in somewhere between weeks 7-9 for a consult that I think just covers my history and probably a "what to expect with all your future appointments". I don't see my OB until after I'm 10 weeks. Lame.

@tuxielove93 I'm totally with you on needing to find out to have a stronger connection. Gives the baby more of an identity. Also I'm just freaking impatient so if I can find out sooner I will haha. I also want to be a minimalist with the baby stuff. It's so hard with family though just from watching all the stuff my sister has for her 2 girls.

@feather_heather so glad YH can go to the ultrasound! Yay!

@howardme I believe the issue with nail polish and such is the fumes they give off. As long as you're in a well ventilated room I'm pretty sure it's okay! But what do I know, I'm a FTM too
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 @binxybaby

+1 for the Ubbi diaper pail recommendation. Diaper Genies require special bag inserts, which are expensive AF over time. Ubbi uses regular trash bags, and is much less expensive. I wouldn't recommend a regular trash can with a lid at all. It just won't contain the poop smell, and any time the lid closes it would waft the smell across the room.  

• Options
    July 2nd/6 weeks and a couple days! 

FTM/STM/STM+:
    FTM (so crazy!)

Definitely finding out, but I can’t say I care!

Size of a corn kernel today!

Upcoming appointments:
    Had a initial just gyno appointment today, and have my first ultrasound appt in two weeks! I’m so excited!

How are you feeling?:
    Kind of terrible you guys! Normal tiredness and sore boobs, but pretty much everyday around 4:30-5 I start to get really nauseous and stay that way for several hours until closer to bedtime! I don’t know if by then my body’s just had it with the day or what, but it’s not fun! 

Rants/Raves: Rant is above haha it’s my biggest complaint, I didn’t think I’d feel sick daily. Also, my dog definitely knows I’m pregnant and has taken it upon himself to bark at anyone who gets remotely close to us during our walks😆 (he doesn’t do it when walked by my husband)he is normally so friendly and sweet so I’m not crazy about it and don’t want to have the ‘mean’ dog in the neighborhood! 
    Rave: Watching my hubby get excited is so fun, he asks for the Bumps size of the baby everyday! His mother experienced a lot of losses so he’s very cautious and nervous and I think our first ultrasound will make it real for him! 

Questions:
    Anyone else having a lot of stomach problems? My stomach is always a mess! 

As a pescatarian, I’m all sides on Thanksgiving!🤣 Particularly, my aunt makes a sweet potato dish that’s all brown sugar and vanilla is really more desert-esque, but is a family favorite I’ve been craving already!
  • Options
    @weezyfbaby1003 Morning sickness is the worst naming mistake in the history of man. For all three pregnancies now, I am sick all day, every day. First one lasted until 24 weeks (unusual). Second was more normal, ending around 12 weeks. It varies by woman how sick and how often, but it is NOT a one time thing or even a morning thing. It normally peaks around 8 weeks and starts to fade when the placenta takes over around 12 weeks. 

Best nausea helpers: 
    I love my sea bands. I wear them pretty much the entire first trimester
    Eat small, frequent meals. Keep snacks like saltine crackers on hand to munch when you’re feeling queasy. It’s best to keep something in your stomach. Eat whatever sounds good and avoid whatever doesn’t. 
    First thing in the morning, eat something before you so much as sit up. 
    They make morning sickness candies. Ginger is generally very helpful too. 
    A lot of women struggle to drink water at a certain point. I always do. If it gets to the point that you can’t really drink anything, eat high water content Fruits (think watermelon and cucumber) and popsicles. It will keep you hydrated. Suck on ice. Sometimes the drink being super cold can help too. 

Medication wise, I’ve been told ginger supplements can help. 
    Also, there is a medication your doc can prescribe called diglysecs? I haven’t taken it, I’m sorry I don’t know to spell it. But it’s just unisom (a sleep aid) and B6. Please ask a doc for dosing, I haven’t tried so I’m not sure 😊

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    - 7.8… 5w, 4d

FTM/STM/STM+:
    - STM!! ♥️

- GREEN, baby!

- opening of a straw, Bump tells me.

Upcoming appointments:
    - not til December at 10 weeks

How are you feeling?:
    - a spectrum of love, anxiety, and hungover (but you know, not hungover) 😅

Rants/Raves:
    - I might smack a spouse outta the house before he quits smoking 🙄🤦‍♀️

Questions:
    - how and when do you plan to tell your people? Provided all goes well, we’re spilling beans at Christmas 😎

- sauerkraut makes everything even better. There’s really not too much I don’t like though
  • Options
    There are so many posts I want to respond to! Sorry for no @.

Pedicures are not a problem unless you're super far along and even then, it's just because there's supposedly a pressure point on your foot that puts you into labor. I've heard people get turned away for pedicures past a certain point. 

The biggest thing with nausea is to put something in your stomach. The sooner you do that, the less nauseated you'll feel. I loved ginger ale, Ritz Crackers, and hard candies last pregnancy.

Team Green is not finding out until birth. 

My OB wouldn't get me in for an US and appointment until 10 weeks. I think 8-10 weeks is the norm for moms that haven't had any previous losses. 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/11; 5w2d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+ (Third time mom)

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: unsure at the moment. We have 2 little boys, first we were team green, 2nd we found out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lentil

Upcoming appointments: not until 12/22 ) technically 11 weeks). Going to try to see if we can get in a little sooner. My previous OB retired and the one I got in with delivered our 2nd but already is pretty full appointment wise

How are you feeling?: So tired, but other than that pretty good

Rants/Raves: DS2 has a nasty cough and we found out HFM and strep are going around his daycare 🙁

Questions: nope

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat? Homemade mashed potatoes and my aunt makes a really yummy pumpkin roll dessert

@inthewoods23 I think babyliat let's you keep a registry hidden? Amazon too

@skilouise second vote for Lucie's list!

Sorry I'm missing all the tags but we also have an Ubbi diaper pail. Although after awhile I think it can still get a little smelly when you open and close it, we just air ours outside. I like that you can use regular garbage bags. Also poopy diapers won't be stinky early on, but once you add food in it's helpful!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 10th, 5+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green, best surprise ever!

Upcoming appointments: Since FET, looking for a heartbeat a week from tomorrow!

How are you feeling?: Good so far- with an 18 month old, Im tired all the time already so cant really tell a difference :-)

Rants/Raves: Girls trip this week! Me and my BFF are headed to Bowling Green KY to see the caves for a few days.

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat? Mashed potatoes and ALL the dessert except pecan pie.

Other misc thoughts from questions above:
    1) I use a trash can and not a diaper pail. I use plastic shopping bags as the liners and just take out when it gets stinky.
    2) Babylist was awesome (i loved that i could link stuff from small retailers) and does let you keep it hidden until you are ready to share.
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • Options
    @tuxielove93
    @binxybaby
    Thank you guys! I told the doctor I didn’t want her to prescribe me anything for the nausea yet, since I really hadn’t tried anything at home and now I have so many ideas! Ordered Sea bands and some ginger/B6 chews and definitely grabbing some ginger ale during my shopping trip today! 
    Really just trying to make it to my school’s Thanksgiving break where I’ll have a whole week off where I’m hoping I can kind of catch up on sleep and rest! 
  • Options
    @rosegoldg
    Give them both. Early on if doesn't matter much. Dating scans can show which is more accurate. Sounds like you're close either way that it won't make a difference. Once appts get going, your provider will likely go off of whichever date you prefer.

I always track based on conception date. It is more accurate for me and LMP never lines up anyhow. If they want my LMP that bad then they can backtrack it themselves to whatever date fits their model.

I had a second ovulation which resulted in a pregnancy a few years ago. My daughter was conceived on day 28 of a 32 day cycle, about 12 days after the first ovulation. Had a hell of a time with the ultrasound place as they only wanted to go off of the LMP instead of conception date or due date. When her measurements came back and put her exactly where I said they would be I just had a smug "Told you so" face. The tech had been rather a bitch about the date having to be based only on LMP and talked to me as if I was an idiot instead of that being my 5th pregnancy. So, maybe she learned something that day.

@quelinda99
    I have been joking with my husband that the next pregnancy was going to be twins. Now that I'm pregnant, I don't feel like it is. Could be but not feeling it. I still like to mess with him though.

@tuxielove93
    I found myself more achy and old feeling with each pregnancy. It comes and goes but generally I felt more aged each time, especially toward the end.
  • Options
    These check ins are really helping ease some of my anxiety as a FTM. Reading rants/raves/symptoms helps me not feel so crazy. Lol 

@howardme thank you for the suggestions. I've been trying the Cerve foaming facial wash but I don't feel it's really helping, I'll probably give it another week or so and then try something different. 

@feather_heather thanks for the suggestion of Blume. I've never heard of it so I'll be looking that up. 

@tuxielove93 - is the brand Happy Baby for the carrier? I love teal and would like to check it out. 😊
  • Options
    July 6th

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+++++ 😄 This is #7.

Not sure yet. Though as soon as the test came back positive my first thought was "It's a girl."

Upcoming appointments:
    No pregnancy related appts yet. I'm actually trying to change to a different midwife. Should hear back from her by Friday though.

Looking forward to my massage this afternoon though.  It's been a long time coming and I need it so bad. I have a chiropractic tomorrow and my pelvic floor therapist on Monday. 

Seriously, ladies, start looking for a pelvic floor therapist and start sessions at about 20 weeks (or based on their recommendation but do it before baby arrives). All the post pregnancy "normal" symptoms are NOT normal and you do NOT need to accept them. 

How are you feeling?:
    Fine, generally. Absolutely loving my pregnancy insomnia and waking up aching everywhere...and it's only been a week of it. Had tons of energy until about 5 days ago; now I'm a slug. Que sera, Sera.

Rant/Raves:
    Okay. I wasn't originally going to rant but now I am. Also, this is not directed at anyone in particular and especially not at anyone of you, ladies. 💓 And I guarantee this topic is going to come up again. And I'll try really, really, REALLY hard not to go off on it...much. Lol. I blame the hormones. 😉

Background - I am a massage therapist. I've been a therapist for over 12 years and still practice. I specialized in prenatal massage and labor massage almost 11 years ago and have a PASSION for it. I have assisted at labors and been present for births and they are AMAZING. That said...

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, ANYONE THAT SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT PREGNANCY POINTS AND NOT GETTING SOMETHING OR NOT DOING SOMETHING BECAUSE OF THEM IS BLOWING HOT AIR OUT THEIR ASS!!! Yes, there are pregnancy points but you have to actually know where they are and some knowledge of how to work them for something to happen and even then they don't always work! I LOVE pregnancy points. I LOVE specifically working them at the right times to help AUGMENT labor. They will not put you in labor just because you touch them. 🤦‍♀️ There is no reason for you to be denied a service on the basis of a "pregnancy point". In fact, you really want to be working them toward the end (with certain caveats).

Here's a fun fact: You have a pregnancy point above your ankle, on one of your toes, in your shoulder, and on your hand. 😊 That's 4 points, FYI. Have fun throwing that in someone's face who only has heard about 1 of them. You have my permission. 😄

Questions:
    At this point, I don't ask questions anymore. Lol.

Fresh made cranberry sauce and homemade mashed potatoes that are super smooth and creamy. I love all the food though. It's comfort food.
    Some more comments from things mentioned above...

I also just use a regular trash can. I had a diaper pail for the first couple kids but it eventually just sat there for years and I finally donated it. If you wrap the diaper in on itself and close it up with its own tabs, it really doesn't smell. It's the exposed, open ones that stink.

I like the Babylist registry. I never had any luck with registries and ppl actually using them. I use it for myself. Instead of product types (like travel, feeding, clothes, play), I make headings based on the different trimesters and the last few weeks. Then I put in what I need to have or have ready by that time. It's sort of like a to-do list actually but for the things you need.

For morning sickness and nausea, try to keep your blood sugar from spiking or dipping; the swings are what cause a lot of the symptoms. Usually this means keeping little snacks on have throughout the day. There are lots of great recommendations already posted. 

Dos and Don'ts...
    One thing you will learn is that there are very few absolutes in pregnancy and in life. Ultimately, everything comes down to you, what you personally view as a risk, and what level of risk you personally are willing to accept.

Do your own research on a topic and, sure, ask for the opinions and experiences of others. But remember that what is right for them may not be right for you and vice versa. And that is 100% okay.

Every woman is different. Every baby is different. Every pregnancy is different.
  • Options
    tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
    edited November 2021
    @lalasprinkles yes the brand is Happy Baby! Personally, they are my favorite early baby carrier. Once baby gets bigger, I prefer the lillebaby. I could go into an entire thing about baby carriers. They’re my favorite baby gear. But I’ll save that for now 🤣 all the colors are gorgeous, but this fall they came out with a beautiful deep teal and I am in LOVE. I bought the carrier when I was barely over 4 weeks because I didn’t want to miss it. They are very popular and it’s a small company. The owner still posts in and runs the Facebook group! 

ETA: here is the link and a photo of mine. https://happybabycarriers.com/
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: edd 7/26 (3w6d)

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out asap because I'm impatient

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Just a bundle of cells right now. Got a positive test 3 days ago and another, way darker positive yesterday.

Upcoming appointments: Just scheduled my first one! 12/17 for ultrasound and nurse appointment. I'll be 8w3d. 

How are you feeling?: Good so far but can definitely tell I'm pregnant. Slight twinges/ cramps and an occasional unsettled stomach. Odd cravings and the usual telltale sign of chicken aversion. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: what's your favorite Thanksgiving side and/or dessert to eat? Stuffing (or dressing if you're not from the Midwest)

• Options
    stardustskiesstardustskies member
    edited November 2021
    @tuxielove93 @weezyfbaby1003 It's called Diclegis and it works wonders.. there's another version called Bonjesta also.