January 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-In 11/8

How far along are you//EDD:

Size of the baby: 

Upcoming appointments:  

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:  

GTKY: if you celebrate Christmas, when do you put your tree up/start decorating? Do you have any other holiday traditions you look forward to (Christmas or any other holiday)?

Re: Weekly Check-In 11/8

• How far along are you//EDD: 31+5/January 5

Size of the baby: Asparagus/coconut

Upcoming appointments:  prenatal appt tomorrow 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I have a feeling the baby is moving head down because the movement I feel down low is pretty dull, and I keep getting rapid jabs up in my ribcage, so maybe those are the feet. My foot still hurts, so I'm limping everywhere. 

Rants/Raves: We moved the boys into the same bedroom over the weekend and it's been going great! They seem to like sharing a room, and are sleeping well. They've gotten up pretty early since, but that might also be due to the time change. They get up and start playing and destroying their room, which is noisy but at least they're starting the morning on a fun note. Now I get to start really organizing the nursery! I also need to finalize the registry to get my discount from Amazon. I keep putting stuff for the boys on it, and would like to finish a lot of their Christmas shopping before I buy everything from the registry. 

Questions:  nope

GTKY: if you celebrate Christmas, when do you put your tree up/start decorating? Do you have any other holiday traditions you look forward to (Christmas or any other holiday)? We've had a fake tree now for 3 years, which has been sooooooo much nicer to deal with in general, but it also allows us to put up the tree the day after Thanksgiving and not worry about it being a fire hazard by Christmas. The boys are already shot out a cannon over it, so I'm assuming that whole post-Thanksgiving weekend will be dedicated to decorating. As far as other holiday traditions go, the kids like to do gingerbread houses, we usually make way too many cookies, and they love driving/walking around to look at Christmas decorations. 

• How far along are you//EDD: 29 weeks/Jan 24th (but planning to induce on 1/17)

Size of the baby: acorn squash 

Upcoming appointments: I failed my 1 hr test last Friday so I take my 3 hr on Thursday. Next OB appointment isn’t until December 

How are you feeling?: I’ve been eating better since Friday lol. Been cutting out extra sugar and focusing on high protein/low carb. I got kinda lax on my diet because the nausea was so bad for so long that I ate whatever I could stomach. Now that that’s gone time to get back to a better diet, which I know is better for me anyways but man was it fun to eat like a 10 year old 🤣 I normally toss and turn a bit at night from switching side to side but sleep has been especially bad the last few days because of the TDAP shot making my arm so sore. My whole body is sore but I guess that’s just par for the course for the next two months.

Rants/Raves: not a rant or rave but I was reading the “29 week checklist” and it said to already have the hospital bag ready and I just can’t believe we’re already this far along. 

Questions: how far away are you from the hospital you plan to deliver at? 

GTKY: if you celebrate Christmas, when do you put your tree up/start decorating? Do you have any other holiday traditions you look forward to (Christmas or any other holiday)? 

I love having Christmas decorations up as long as possible so we put up the tree and start decorating the weekend after Halloween. This year is going to be a little different because we’re having the floors and living room lighting redone so we probably won’t be able to decorate until the beginning of December. We have a fake tree that’s relatively easy to put up/take down so it’s already up but isn’t decorated since we’re going to have to move it next week. One tradition that we love doing is watching the Harry Potter series in early December with DS8. We also decorate gingerbread houses with the neighbors.  

• Loading the player...
  • fifilala516fifilala516 member
    edited November 2021
    @elksamm Can I ask why you're inducing, if you're comfortable sharing (or maybe I missed something)? I am wondering if I continue to "measure big" if the doctors will push for a scheduled induction or C-Section. Also, we're about 8 miles from the hospital - hence why DH wants me to work from home after the new year!

@Lisa3379 Apparently LO is already head down after being breech at the 20-wk scan. I didn't really feel any dramatic movements of her going into cephalic position, but the butthole kicks are REAL!! 

How far along are you//EDD: 30w2d / January 15

Size of the baby: Zucchini 

Upcoming appointments:  32-wk appointment on 11/23, next growth scan on 11/29

How are you feeling?: Ugh, I guess fine besides the normal complaints? Large. Easily winded. I have really bad leg cramps at night, mainly in my right leg. I also always have the urge to pee even if I don't actually have to pee.

Rants/Raves: Rave: We had our baby shower on Saturday and it was lovely! We had a nice (fully vaxxed) crowd and got some beautiful gifts. Now to tackle the thank yous...we're having a virtual one this weekend for out of towners/people who didn't feel comfortable coming in-person. I'm also getting my booster on Saturday!

Rant: We were supposed to interview a prospective pediatrician today, but she canceled a few hours before. Now it's going to be a video meeting tomorrow. Part of me is glad I didn't have to go to an office with germy children, but I did want to get a feel for the office and I don't like being canceled on.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: if you celebrate Christmas, when do you put your tree up/start decorating? I don't celebrate Christmas, but I love this time of year and I am one of those people who start listening to Christmas music on November 1. I always wanted a tree, but DH won't let me get one. (He's a mean one, Mr. Grinch!)

• @elksamm We're only about 7 miles away from our hospital, thankfully. If the baby comes before Christmas, the family that we'll have nearby to be able to come and watch the kids is 45 min - 1 hour away. When I went into labor with my second kid, we had to wait for my brother to drive out here to take care of our first, and by the time he got here, I was running out the door to get the hospital. I didn't deliver for another 5 hours, but it sure felt different than the first time I went into labor! So I'm happy we don't have to drive that far once we can go to the hospital. What about you? And yeah, getting the hospital bag ready (as well as my kids' bag for if they need to stay at my parents' house when we're at the hospital) is on my list of things to do this week. Totally crazy! 
  • @elksamm I am about 9 miles from the hospital where I will be delivering. But it's in a city. So with city traffic, it may be a 30 minute drive or a 2 hour drive! 

@fifilala516 "I also always have the urge to pee even if I don't actually have to pee." 100000% me too!!! 

How far along: 29 weeks/ Jan 20

Size of the baby: Acorn squash 

Upcoming appointments: this Friday! Tdap!

How are you feeling?: extra exhausted from recovering from the covid booster. But it seems like the heartburn has finally calmed down. 

Rants/Raves: Rant and rave? Time is moving so quickly!!! Which is both exciting and terrifying. I feel like I have so much to do

Questions:  none

GTKY: if you celebrate Christmas, when do you put your tree up/start de⁸corating? Do you have any other holiday traditions you look forward to (Christmas or any other holiday)? We have always celebrated the holidays at other people's homes so we have never gotten our own tree. Well... Except for last year when we got a tiny Charlie Brown Christmas tree for us because all our holiday visits were on zoom. I am excited to start our own traditions but I'm unsure what that will look like!! I know I want to continue some baking traditions of my grandmother since she passed away last year. Oh! Can we have a Christmas cookie recipe exchange???

• @lilyfox I would love to do a cookie recipe exchange! Great idea!
  • How far along are you//EDD: 31w6d (Jan 4th)

Size of the baby: I think coconut? 

Upcoming appointments: I have a quick 32 week check up appt on Friday (which might end up being virtual because…) 

How are you feeling?: Not the greatest actually. I think for the first time in like 2 years, I am sick and I am not sure where I got it because have barely been out in the last two weeks and our area still has mask mandates, etc.. maybe my husband brought it home. I’ve actually been feeling a little better from a pregnancy standpoint but then in the last couple days, developed cold sx, diarrhea (sorry tmi). I should probably get covid tested just in case although I am vaccinated and got the booster a few weeks ago. 

Rants/Raves: just my rant above about being sick this week.. 

Questions: Any home remedies/ safe otc suggestions for a cold? I’m also a little nervous about not getting much nutrition while I’m sick since my stomach can’t handle much.. any tips? 

GTKY: if you celebrate Christmas, when do you put your tree up/start decorating? Do you have any other holiday traditions you look forward to (Christmas or any other holiday)? We’ll probably decorate/ put up a fake Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving.  My immediate family is going to come visit the following weekend to celebrate both holidays early (likely) before baby comes. We also love baking together so maybe I’ll see if my mom/ sis want to help build up my freezer stash of cookies. 

• @elksamm We live about 25 min away. :) 
    And I can’t believe we’re already at the point of packing hospital bags too! That’s also on my to do list soon (I find it funny how early those lists recommend doing some things but it’s good to be ready!) 

@fifilala516 awww glad to hear you had a wonderful shower!! It took me awhile last week to finish up thank yous but it reminded me how much I appreciate everyone’s support. :) and yay for getting your booster this week! 
  • @rachel0428 I think the biggest concern would be making sure you're getting enough fluids. I had diarrhea for a few days awhile back, and when I called the nurse line, they didn't seem too worried about not being able to handle food well, it was just the dehydration risk. I was super super cautious about what I ate and made sure I drank a ton of water and Gatorade. For several days it was just bread, applesauce, bananas, and rice until things started getting better. As far as your cold... that's a hard one. I took Benadryl once during my last cold, just because sleeping was impossible that night. Maybe try a humidifier? 
  • Thanks @Lisa3379!! This is encouraging. I’ll call the ob nurse line tomorrow if still the same but will stick w the fluids/ bland “BRAT” diet foods for now. At least hopefully I’m passing along some immunity w whatever viral thing this is to baby.
  • @fifilala516 the plan is to induce (if it seems like a safe option at the time) due to AMA and DS being a full term NICU baby due to meconium in his lungs. We’ll see as it gets closer but as of now it’s a strong consideration.

My hospital is 6 miles/15 minutes away. When my water broke with DS it was so messy and I really really really hope that doesn’t happen in the car. It broke like 10 minutes after getting to the hospital after a 30 minute drive.
  • How far along are you//EDD:  28 Weeks and 6 Days\1/26/22

Size of the baby:  Eggplant

Upcoming appointments:   Friday, November 12th Regular OB appt. and TDAP shot

How are you feeling?:   My sciatic nerve on my right side hurts soooo bad.

Rants/Raves:  Don't actually have any rants, but the week is still early.  Raves:  Last Fridays appointment with MFM went great.  I seen him blinking and the tech said he has hair, but the best part was that the placenta moved and he doesn't have to come out early. 

Questions:   NATM 

Usually put up my tree the first week of December.  I always let the kids open one gift on Christmas Eve.

@elksamm I live about 20 minutes from the hospital I will deliver at.

• How far along are you//EDD: 30w4d

Size of the baby: Zucchini 

Upcoming appointments:  November 23rd for an US & 32 week prenatal

How are you feeling?: I feel okay! I feel large, but I feel okay!

Rants/Raves: I had my maternity pictures done last week & she said I should get them back this week!! EEEEK so excited! I will start a thread for that too!

Questions:  Not really a question, but this is my first pregnancy/baby! I need a birth plan! Someone help!

GTKY: if you celebrate Christmas, when do you put your tree up/start decorating? Do you have any other holiday traditions you look forward to (Christmas or any other holiday)? I am going to put my tree up before thanksgiving! 

• @Lisa3379 your birth plan sounds exactly like mine 😌
  • fifilala516fifilala516 member
    edited November 2021
    @firewife_911 I don’t have a birth plan really. It’s mainly do whatever is best/safest for me and baby. I intend on getting the drugs though. I’m on the fence about delayed cord clamping.
  • magalina_hmagalina_h member
    edited November 2021

How far along are you//EDD: 32w4d (1/1)

Size of the baby: A Floriday Pomelo?? (can I just say big? lol!)

Upcoming appointments:  11/22 for my 34 week appointment.  

How are you feeling?: My son was born days after my 34 week appointment, so to say I'm feeling anxious is an understatement.  I need baby girl to cook until at least mid-December!  Otherwise, I'm feeling okay.  I'm already feeling over being pregnant for the most part.  More fatigue, and finding it hard to get around.  I feel out of breath a lot - even when I'm just sitting. 

Rants/Raves: Rave - my student teacher is currently head-teaching, so she's doing everything, which is allowing me to get all of the things I need to get done for report cards and conferences (which are next week) within my contract time.  Also, a book that I've been waiting on to order for the past month will finally be in stock tomorrow! 

Rant - This seems cliche for this time of year - but I hate that it's basically pitch black at 5:30pm now. 

Questions:  I feel like I had one in mind earlier, but I can't remember what it is now. 

GTKY: if you celebrate Christmas, when do you put your tree up/start decorating? Do you have any other holiday traditions you look forward to (Christmas or any other holiday)? We get a real tree from Costco every year either on the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving!  We always decorate it while watching the Nutcracker ballet.  Other traditions are having Swedish meatballs and sausage on Christmas Eve.  I also wrap 24 Winter/Christmas books for my son each year to open each day, as an advent calendar (they are not all new - I only add about 5-6 new ones each year).  This keeps him from begging to open an "real" present before Christmas. 

@elksamm I am about 10-15min away from the hospital now that I am 32 weeks.  The closer one has a level 2 NICU that can take births starting at 32 weeks.  Prior to that I would have had to go downtown, which is more like 20-25min from our house. 

@firewife_911 my birth plan preferences include laboring at home/work as long as possible. Epidural at transition (7-8cm), and my husband cutting the cord.  I also prefer to tear naturally over an episiotomy.  That said, I will do whatever is safest for me and baby. 

DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers