June 2022 Moms
Options

Cloth Diapers: yay or nay

FTM here. Love the idea of less money and helping reduce waste. Hate the idea of spraying poop off a diaper ๐Ÿ˜…

Anyone have experience with them? Good or bad?
Has anyone tried a cloth diaper subscription service?
Iโ€™ll take all the advice I can get!ย 
Thank you โ˜บ๏ธ

Re: Cloth Diapers: yay or nay

• Options
    Adorable! Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marionberry19 - thanks for sharing. what brands do you recommend? Do you use a subscription service ?ย 
  • Options
    @awr2021 luckily for me my son was not a heavy wetter so I was able to use just about every brand under the sun. So we had diaper brands ranging from Alvababy to Blueberry. I did not use a diaper service. I got a diaper sprayer and hooked that to the back of the toilet and just utilized the Facebook groups to get down a good wash routine and it was amazing. My son never had diaper rash, and since I asked for cloth at my baby shower if I hadnโ€™t become obsessed with buying the diapers I wouldnโ€™t have had to ever spend money on diapers (other than newborn we used newborn disposables until he could fit into the one size cloth)ย 
  • Options
    I was a nanny for two families in a row that cloth diapered. Ultimately I donโ€™t mind it was was just burned out on being responsible for the routine of it by the time I started having my kids I just didnโ€™t do it. Itโ€™s not bad itโ€™s just a lot of work unless you get a service and I had already been doing it for 5 years straightย 
  • Options
    I really wanted to do it and my mom even offered to pay for a service for the first couple of months but I couldnโ€™t figure out how to make it work with daycare. I didnโ€™t want to pick up my baby and a bag of dirty diapers every day.ย 
  • Options
    I cloth diapered my first two until potty training the second when I switched to disposables. Iโ€™m doing disposables this time around. Itโ€™s so much easier though I feel bad about the impact the manufacture and disposal have on the planet.ย 
  • Options
    For those of you that have done cloth diapers - is there a good book or resource or website to understand the basics and the options?ย  I know very little about it but I want to learn more about it.ย  Thank you!
  • Options
    @shoarmie99 fluff love & cloth diaper science Facebook group is where I got all my helpย 
  • Options
    I'm personally a no on it. I was planning to cloth diaper my first, but it just never worked out. Disposables are too easy...even if they destroy the environment. Sorry, environment ๐Ÿ˜”
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    I have used cloth with 3 out for 4 and plan to again. I second Fluff Love and Cloth Diaper Science on Facebook. I failed miserably the first time I tried and then I found that page and have been a cloth advocate ever since!