June 2022 Moms
Options

November Symptoms Thread

Thought since we are a little quieter of a board still, maybe a monthly symptoms rather than a weekly? 

How are we all feeling? 

Re: November Symptoms Thread

• Options
    I feel like death. I cannot stop puking, I’m nauseous all day long, everything sounds terrible. I puke at the mention of food. I’m going to talk to my doctor at my appointment tomorrow because this doesn’t feel right. 
  • Options
    I have nausea regularly now but it's mild - moderate. No vomiting, just occasionally spitting into the toilet. I guess I'm lucky if it stays this way. Still no food sounds good, I'm just forcing myself to eat but it all tastes blah. So tired and distracted. Can't wait til Nov 10, my next appointment. I wanna see my baby and I hope that it's growing right 💖 a little worried that at my last scan it said <1% growth percentile and was behind 5 days from what I thought, but not freaking out because I saw the heartbeat :)

Also I had a bawling crying fit the other night over some existential crisis or something, and couldn't stop crying because I couldn't stop thinking about how all my pets will die and my parents are old and will die and I don't even remember the first 30 years of my life that well and in a blink of an eye hubby and I will be old and dead too and everything will be gone. Lol 😳 I'll just blame preggers hormones...

Hope you feel better soon @marionberry19. I feel for all ya ladies having severe nausea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel so sick I can’t even leave my house 
  • Options
    I am so friggin tired I can barely function. I started taking unisom + b6 at night to help with the nausea, and it really helps for that, but it gives me a tiredness hangover that I cannot shake. Last night I fell asleep like 10 minutes into my favorite show (Succession), slept straight through until my son got up at 6:45, and STILL felt tired all day! 
  • Options
    @marionberry19 Ugh my sympathies. I was like that with my son and it was really miserable. Unisom/diclegis barely scratched the surface and eventually Zofran quelled the puking but not the feeling of nausea. And it lasted so long I threw up at my baby shower!!!! Fingers crossed your doc has some recommendations to help. 
  • Options
    I feel so bad for all of you ladies with the severe nausea and vomiting. It makes me feel like I shouldn’t be complaining.  

@huckleberrypie try not to worry, all 3 my kids have measured at least 5 days behind.  Usually it’s just that you have a longer cycle or ovulated a bit late.  

@scostel2 the hangover form Benadryl is so bad I can’t imagine feeling like that on top of the pregnancy exhaustion.  It sucks that what’s making you feel better in one way makes you feel crappy in another way.  
  • Options
    My mouth constantly tastes like garbage, water tastes terrible and I get nauseous after eating ANYTHING. My husband said something benign to me yesterday about how something I said made him feel bad and I flipped out at him... then couldn’t stop crying and had a total meltdown. What?! I’m usually active and exercise daily but on my days off I spend 90% of the day on the couch. Woof. Ready for this to pass.
  • Options
    @marionberry19 I hope you can find some relief soon.

@huckleberrypie I know what you mean. I was thinking similar thoughts as well. I lost my Mom this year, so I was just thinking how everything in life eventually changes. 
  • Options
    Nauseous, matcha use to be my fav & I tried having some today and nope went right back out. 

Anyone else just feel tired most of the time? 

I could nap & still be sleepy. But at nights have trouble sleeping, oh & bloated 😩
  • Options
    Nauseous a lot of the time.  Thankfully I have a strong gag reflex so I've never thrown up during pregnancy but I've had some real close calls this time around.  The sight (even pictures) of most food makes me queasy.  Getting some tingling in my hands which Google tells me is carpal tunnel and common in pregnancy.  Super.  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @romeoandjuliet146 I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. I lost some close family members around my first pregnancy and it made it hard to cope with symptoms and the big change coming in my life.

I have so much sympathy for the ladies who are nauseous; me too! Also dizzy and tired. I’m also getting a bit of restless leg which I had severely with my pregnancy with my son (but that didn’t start until the third trimester). Ugh. I have a countdown on my phone for this trimester to be over. It gives me comfort to watch the seconds tick away….
  • Options
    @shouchens2 A countdown is a good idea. I need to try that as well.
  • Options
    I seem to be leaving the straight up nauseous phase and entering the constant indigestion, starving all the time but full two mins into eating phase.  Also, I'm so bloated I gave up on regular pants and starting wearing maternity this week.    
  • Options
    @marionberry19 Is the medication your dr gave you working?
  • Options
    @KFrob omg yes! I feel like a human today. I have to call my pharmacy to see if it’s covered by insurance but I don’t even care if it is. I’ll pay whatever. 
  • Options
    I've had moderate nausea for the past few weeks, but these early November days it has definitely progressed to severe nausea. Yesterday we were scheduled for our first prenatal visit, so of course I woke up to vomit at 5:00 am... then 6:30 am... then 9:00 am...
    Made it through the two hour chat with the OB intake nurse without throwing up. But the drive home was on some curvy roads and I ran to the toilet as soon as I got through the door!

Unisom with Vitamin B6 have stopped being effective for me, and I got a prescription for promethazine yesterday. It seems to be working! Where yesterday I could not keep *anything* down, today I've managed to keep down grapes, an apple, half a bagel, and a bowl of yogurt with blueberries and granola. A victory!

Here's hoping that things don't get even worse in week 9 (starts tomorrow).
  • Options
    I'm so sorry some of you are feeling so sick! I hope nausea and sickness subsides for you all. 

I was feeling more or less ok until 2 days ago. Extreme fatigue just set in and I can't keep my eyes open past dinner time. Today I woke up feeling like I'd throw up any minute, but luckily did not. I'm just exhausted all day long. I also have random heartburn from what seems like nothing. With my 2 kids I don't think I had heartburn until well into 2nd tri so this seems super early. Restless legs are a huge problem, especially when I wake up at night and can't fall back asleep. So insomnia + restless legs are just lovely together. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    @Tulips29 I feel like my indigestion and heartburn has been worse with each kid.  Maybe its being older?  My exhaustion seems extra bad this time too.  Maybe I just forgot how bad it is.  Sorry you're having RSL.  DH has it and it sucks.  

I think I'm over needing to feel like garbage to know everything is okay.  I just want to fast forward a couple of weeks and feel better. Maybe I need to get in on this countdown thing too.
  • Options
    @Tulips29 my heartburn is kicking in early this time also. its not bad yet but I have to be careful about what i eat before bed. 
    Has anyone had sciatic nerve pain this early. I started at week 6 it was just mild but the past 3 days basically since i hit 10 weeks its been getting so bad. it's to the point i can barely get in my bed at night and it wakes me up several times during the night.

• Options
    @KFrob why does everything seem to get worse with age? I like the countdown, but even thinking I have 7 more weeks left until 2nd tri doesn't seem like it's soon enough. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    I’ve had way more nausea this time around, but I changed my prenatal and that helped immensely! But this indigestion, I feel like I’m going to puke fire and I can’t even think about food when I have it that bad.  My poor husband 😂😂 I was tired really early, but that seems to have subsided a little and I think I'm already starting the nesting 🤦🏻‍♀️ Had a little bit of bleeding last Friday, call the after hours line, was told to rest for a few days and it stopped within 24 hrs.  My OB didn’t seem super concerned but is having me come in tomw for another ultrasound for my peace of mind I think, which I do appreciate.  Any excuse to see this babe ☺️
  • Options
    Anyone else having fluctuating symptoms? I know it’s usually normal, but have been really nauseous and sensitive to smells up until yesterday. 9+2 today. I would just feel better hearing someone else is experiencing it too. 
  • Options
    @furmama2babymama Mine have been fluctuating and evolving.  I wouldn't worry unless all symptoms suddenly stop.  I'm 8 w today and my nausea is letting up a bit but I still don't really want to eat or I'm starving and nothing sounds good, plus I've been having indigestion.  With DD3 I went to a wedding at 10 w and my nausea was pretty much gone.  The placenta starts to take over around 9 to 10 weeks so that might be why you're getting some relief.  Of course if you're concerned check in with your doctor.      
  • Options
    @furmama2babymama my symptoms vary with each day. One day I feel nothing, the next day I feel nauseous. The next day I'm exhausted, the following I'm fine again. With my first 2, I became super sensitive to food smells and had major aversion later on (around 2nd tri) and it lasted until the end. Haven't experienced it just yet this time around. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @furmama2babymama Mine fluctuate as well and I was told that this was normal. Some days I am
    nauseous or exhausted and other days I feel fine.
  • Options
    I feel like an actual human today. I'm 7w4 and the extreme fatigue went away even though my puppy woke me up all night long, and I haven't been nauseous today. I was a bit worried but I think it's overreacting. I think I'll be more worried if lack of symptoms persists for several days.
  • Options
    I was feeling the same today. I’m 6 +6 and I’ve had terrible headaches and food aversions, plus I’m just exhausted. Today I feel fine besides being sore and slightly tired. I feel functional. It’s sad when you’re scared not to feel like shit lmao. 
  • Options
    Thank goodness the meds are working and I can eat again now. However, I cannot stop peeing. Like I pee once an hour at minimum. 
  • Options
    I had been feeling better (I think these acupressure nausea arm bands actually work or it's all in my head but either way that's fine!), but today I feel like I got hit by a truck again.  So tired and nauseous, like that feeling when you wake up from a nap where you almost feel sick but I can't shake it.  I also feel starving half the time but don't want to eat anything because nothing sounds good.  Does anyone have any favorite snacks/foods that are easy to munch on and healthy?  Thanks!
  • Options
    Nausea has calmed down a bit. Not that hungry but making myself eat. I’m getting full so quickly. The nausea is more so from heartburn. 
    Overall I’m so tired. I just wanna sleep. And when it’s time for bed, I’m restless and my back hurts. Doesnt help that work has long days and some coworkers are making me more irritated that normal. 

For the nausea, peppermint altoids have been helping me. 
  • Options
    I second the mints! I haven't tried altoids but the mint and the sour icebreaker hard candies are helping me with even the thought of gagging when it comes to smells/tastes and also helping my cravings!
  • Options
    @tmarie0805 I got the mini’s and they have been the best size. 
  • Options
    I am feeling extremely depressed and angry! Is anyone else dealing with this? Hormonal shift making you anxious or depressed? 
  • Options
    I’m 8 weeks. Was really nauseous last week especially in the morning. This week it seems like it come and goes. I’ve been eating Cheerios before I get out of bed and for breakfast- it’s the only thing that sounds appetizing in the morning. I’m trying to eat well but so many things that I just don’t want to eat. And today I started getting full really fast. Mostly though, I’m just super tired. Had a full night sleep last night and still took a nap at lunch today. 
  • Options
    Having a "put a half full cup of (decaf) coffee in the clean dishwasher and just walk away before realizing it" kind of morning. Why am I even allowed out of bed in the first trimester? 

7 weeks 2 days. Unlike last time I think I'm actually slightly morning sick. Waves of mild nausea if I go too long without eating. 
    Cramping and mild spotting caused a bit of a freak out yesterday despite knowing it's totally normal.

@cosettewilliams Yeah, I'm also having the occasional days of PMS-style undirected anger/sadness. Love hormones so much. 
  • Options
    @doggymom2babymama I relate to the cheerios! A bowl of cheerios is all I can eat in the morning! I used to be a no-breakfast person but.. I am NOT a fan of empty stomach vomiting in the morning. Cheerios has been a lifesaver.
  • Options
    @mauvelousone and @ermsmcg I’ve been eating Cheerios too!  I manage to get some banana in it too. 
  • Options
    I feel so exhausted and nauseous today.  I think I over did it yesterday since I was feeling better.  I’m solo parenting and just letting my kids run around the house.  I have no energy to deal. 
  • Options
    I'm anxious because this is my third day without nausea and extreme fatigue, etc. I was having nausea all the time the week before that. Even my breasts seem less sore these past days. I can't wait until my appointment on Wed.
  • Options
    @huckleberrypie have you been sleeping better? Being well rested can effect your nausea.  Do you still have other symptoms? I know it’s easier said than done but try not to panic.  I was feeling pretty great for a few days and today I feel terrible again.