Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday 11/1

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Monday 11/1

• Month/Cycle: 6/5AL

CD/DPO: 24/9ish

Timing: no

Typical LP length: 10/11 days

Testing: no

R/R: I don’t think I’ve ever wanted af so bad, so we can get back to trying this next cycle. I’m still feeling lousy so I’m planning on couching it all day. After such a busy weekend, I deserve it anyways…. Self care?? Lol. I briefly mentioned having to take my guinea pig to the vet on Thursday because of his eye, it’s looking so much better and I’m so impressed by how quickly it’s healing!! It looks like he’s going to have a full recovery with none to minimal cornea scaring! 

CS/Q: nope.
  • happy monday everyone!
    @paytonpedro i'm glad to hear the guinea pig is improving. jealous about your couch plans for the day!

Month/Cycle: too many

CD/DPO: 23/11

Timing: WFAF

Typical LP length: 15-16

Testing: stark BFN. i am aware that i may have tested too early but... it seems unlikely.

R/R: i made myself an amazing dinner last night with chanterelle mushrooms in a hard cider/butter sauce over pasta with a side of broccoli sprouts pan seared and drizzled in balsamic vinegar and crispy tempeh. it was delicious and i made a lot of it so i'll get to enjoy it again for lunch today!

CS/Q: pretty but meaningless

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • @optimistgardener that dinner sounds delicious!! I love when I have leftovers of something so great! Sorry about the bfn. I know we scrutinized your chart a ton, but is there any chance ovulation could have been cd13 or 14?
  • annanbbyannanbby member
    edited November 2021

@paytonpedro Happy to hear your guinea pig is doing well! I miss having guinea pigs. They're such sweet little pets. As a kid though, I remember having an allergy to either the piggies themselves, or whatever it was we used to line the cage with. That's the only reason I don't have them now.

@optimistgardener Ahh!! That dinner sounds delicious! I'm a big leftovers person, so it's always nice to have a really good dinner and then some left for the next day.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 24/12

Timing: -2

Typical LP length: 14? 15? We'll see.

Testing: Eh, maybe on Wednesday or Thursday if I decided I can't wait.

R/R: I'm listening to the audiobook of the Chronicles of Narnia, and it's so captivating. I read a few of them a while back, but never got to all of them. I'm starting over with The Magician's Nephew. Such a fun story. 

CS/Q: Nope. The chaos continues lol
  • @paytonpedro I hope you feel better soon, and I'm glad your guinea pig is doing better!

@optimistgardener sorry about the BFN. That dinner sounds delicious.

@annanbby I love Narnia. I've been meaning to reread them, but I own them as one of those all-7-books-in-one-volume megabooks which makes it a bit tough to read.

Month/Cycle: 13/12

CD/DPO: 21/1

Timing: O-1

Typical LP length: 10-11 days

Testing: probably WFAF

R/R: I have a long shift at work that I'm pretty meh about. Had a good weekend, didn't feel like crap after my covid booster, so that's good. Most of my focus this week is going toward our RE consultation appointment coming up on Wednesday.

CS/Q: I'm going ahead and putting myself here because I'm 90% sure yesterday was ovulation. My mittleschmirz was actually bad enough to take tylenol yesterday, maybe that'll mean I have a super egg this month and it'll be the month. :joy:

• @annanbby I think you swapped your tags but no worries! I’m super allergic to cats but don’t have a problem with the piggies or dogs. A vet that I work with is allergic to piggies but doesn’t have a problem with cats or dogs. Human bodies are so bizarre! I should try audiobooks, everyone who uses them loves them!

@fantasyflyte thanks! Yay for the RE appt coming up!! I think you go here too and I’m happy to see you/be in the same spot albeit only for a couple days. 
  • @paytonpedro ha I totally did, thanks for catching that. It's definitely a Monday. :D That's so interesting how that works. I'm allergic to cats, too, but most dogs I'm okay with. I had a rabbit and was pretty allergic to her, as well. It's such a struggle cause I love animals, but the allergies are hard to ignore.

@fantasyflyte That's the one I have too lol it really is hard to read when it looks like it's so much. I was wanting to get the individual books for that reason, but then when I found the audiobooks through my library's app, I decided to do that instead. It's been fun to listen to. I'd definitely recommend giving audiobooks a try. Though I'll always prefer a real book in my hand, it's nice to be read to sometimes! haha
  • sorry @paytonpedro i have been ridic busy all day and totally ghosted this thread. to answer your question, i'm pretty sure it was cd 12 but it maaaybe was cd13, early. if the latter then i conceivably tested too early, but i am not holding out any hope about it.
    @fantasyflyte hey there fellow painful ovulator! it's so helpful in id'ing O day but other than that, what's not to hate about another painful day every cycle relating to my reproductive organs?
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.