May 2022 Moms
Options

Symptoms-November

13»

Re: Symptoms-November

• Options
    Have had a coffee aversion since day 1…. Starting to drink tea on the morning because it’s chilly out… I guess I’m elderly now. 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums I had a coffee aversion until early/mid 2nd tri with DD and I drank a lot of tea instead!  Had to get my caffeine in somehow. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tacosandtums I’ve never been a *huge* coffee drinker, but I usually have one big cup a day. Nope. Not this pregnancy lol. I’ve switched to tea, too and tbh I’m not mad about it
  • Options
    Pregnancy dreams anyone? I had a dream last night that I was having my csection and baby was born, but it was like no one except me in the room cared bc they were all preoccupied and freaking out about something. I guess when I was opened up they couldn’t find my stomach and all the doctors and nurses were running around the room and up and down the hall in the hospital looking for my damn stomach. They wouldn’t close me back up until they found it. 🤷🏼‍♀️😂🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ll probably have to tell my bariatric surgeon about that one. 😂

• Options
    Has anyone gotten their CV booster while pregnant? Just scheduled mine and nervous about side effects and not having the ability to take ibuprofen. I had a horrible reaction to dose 2. 
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug I have very vivid and extremely weird dreams almost every night! I hate it lol 
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug I normally have vivid dreams occasionally, and they are so much worse while pregnant. Unfortunately they're usually high stress dreams so I'm clinching my teeth like crazy, and give myself a migraine overnight 😩 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums I’m getting my cv booster next week and nervous as well. I felt fine after the first and felt like i got beat by a wooden baseball bat in a dark ally after the second. My OB encouraged ot and totally supported the no mask life as well, praise the lord. 
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug and @pajamstagrams
    yes to the vivid dreams. And they are not pleasant ones at all. They are stressful or worst case scenario or involve people i don’t want to even think about. Can i please just get a tiki hut on the water dream?! 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums getting mine today! Also felt extremely sick about 2nd shot (I had moderna). Feeling nervous but two of my other close friends just got theirs while pregnant and said they had no issues with it. 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums just got a text that I can get mine so I will book that soon. My midwife just said to make sure to watch for fever and take Tylenol if I get one.

I woke up with the worst headache of my life this morning. I completely understand why people used to think drilling holes in your skull would bring relief. I can't tell if I'm getting DH's cold, or if it's just a side effect of the seemingly relentless pregnancy sinitus.
  • Options
    @tacosandtums I got the booster around 10 weeks!  I had the same side effects the next day as dose 2 but milder (fatigue, chills and body aches) and they didn’t last nearly as long as they did with dose 2. Just a few hours vs half a day. I did take 650 mg of Tylenol when I noticed I was starting to feel achey and within a couple hours everything was gone. 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums I got my booster at 14 weeks and my only symptom was a headache and a slightly sore arm! When I got my original shots I was completely wiped out after shot two with horrible body aches, a killer headache, and a very very sore arm, so I was preparing for the worst lol and for reference I had Moderna all 3 times. 
  • Options
    Has anyone been dealing with sciatic pain at all? I think that’s what is happening on my lower left side and yowza it hurts! Anyone have remedies? 😬
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited November 2021
    @MrsLaLaBug I’ve had so many vivid and awful dreams, the kind that make me wake up with my heart racing. It doesn’t help with my existing sleeplessness issue 😐

sometimes I can truly not even walk around. I’m scared since I’m not even halfway yet. I don’t know if it’s considered RLP or what but after I get up out of my desk after an hour or so of sitting, I just gimp throughout the house. I feel like I can’t even stand up straight. It’s like my entire lower abdomen, pubic bone area, and my inner thighs??? 

ETA just realized I complained about this last week, oops. This sleep deprivation + the cold DD so kindly gave me has my head in a fog. 
  • Options
    @coffeemamaaaaa sciatica is a b*tttchhhh. I recommend massage, chiro, stretching, heating pad, ice pack, and a pregnancy pillow. Also make sure you don't sit for long periods of time (road trips, and even just my 25 min drive home from the office) aggravate mine. I can't sleep without my pillow either. I've managed to keep mine mostly at bay so far, but it was really bad toward the end with DD so I'm expecting more of that as I get bigger.
  • Options
    @b_1029 sounds like maybe symphysis pubis dysfunction (SPD)? It’s basically from all the ligaments loosening. I experienced it some with my second pregnancy and never had with the first. One of the key things I remember was keeping your knees together and not doing things to open your pelvis as much as possible, if this truly is what you’re starting to experience. 
  • Options
    @happynapper I’m so bad about sitting “Indian style” ar my chair while working. If it’s what you’re saying it could be, I really need to be more conscious of that! 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams @MrsLaLaBug @tacosandtums @b_1029 I also have craaaaazy pregnancy dreams but Unisom helps a ton! I can always tell when I forget to take it because I wake up like I just went on a triiiiip
  • Options
    @tacosandtums just following up re: COVID booster. I found mine way more doable than the second dose. Hope yours goes well too!!
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who commented about the booster! Really glad to know others have Done it! I’m scheduled for 2 weeks from now- getting it when my DD gets her 2nd dose. ☺️🤞🏻
  • Options
    Does anyone else now randomly have dry skin?? My face is like sandpaper, and I've never had dry skin in my life! I remember needing to moisturize my belly a lot with DD because that got dry, but don't remember my face being like this. Gah! Hormones!

I don't think it's an purely weather related, since our house is constantly 55-65%+ humidity as I live in the sauna part of the south, so it's very rare that we have low humidity outside. 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams yes. I am experiencing it and pretty sure our climate is super similar. My face is usually NEVER dry and it’s been like, flaking and just weird the last couple weeks! 

• Options
    So I’ve kindof had the pregnancy rhinitis off an on last month or so. But I think now maybe I’ve either caught a cold or my allergies are freaking out. I know I can take Benadryl for the allergies but those of y’all that had that cold recently, what did you take if anything? I feel like maybe some Tylenol sinus would dry up the drainage? I hate being sick while pregnant and hate taking medicine even more 🥴🤧

• Options
    Fly by from me since i am in Black Friday hell…but has anyone experienced a streak of blood sexy time? It was like 2 wipes and then nothing. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @And846 yeah. I have before. It did kinda freak me out for a minute but I know after sex it’s super common. 

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug I am getting over what I thought was a cold but turns out to be RSV. My OB okayed Mucinex and MucinexDM. It definitely does work at drying up drainage, but limited help when you have the mucus production that comes with RSV 🙄
  • Options
    @skc040512 holy crap RSV!! I hope you are on the tail end of it. I got some Tylenol sinus and headache which seems to be working, hopefully I’ll be able to sleep tonight! 

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug we thought the whole family was in the clear but now it seems like my almost 4 year old (DD2) is down with it now 😩 went to check on her and her fever is through the roof tonight, so after a tepid bath and some Motrin, she’s now hanging out watching paw patrol in my bed lol. She seems to feel fine but omg fevers in kids freak me out
  • Options
    @skc040512 awww poor girl! RSV is the worst! I hope you both get better soon!! My sinus medicine has worn off and its 3AM and I’m debating just trying to go back to bed without it or take more now. I HATE taking medicine when pregnant. I know it’s stupid, I just always have. 😩

• Options
    RLP and Sinusitis DO. NOT. MIX.  
    Ughhhh every sneeze and cough is like agony. 

• Options
    Anyone find it slightly uncomfortable to side sleep? (I use a pillow, but it still kinda hurts) I think my RLP is bothering me at night, I feel discomfort around my inner pelvis/hip bones area that I am pretty sure is indeed RLP, but it's not the sharp pulling sensation I get when standing up suddenly. More of a dull ache. Completely forgot to ask my OB about it yesterday 🤦‍♀️ but I'm sure it's normal? 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams try wedging a pillow under your belly when you side sleep. I find that makes it more comfortable so it’s not trying to pull away from me or make me twist a weird way to support it. Hope you find some comfort!
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited November 2021
    @pajamstagrams yes, when I wake up my hips ache a little bit. I plan to bust out the pregnancy pillow soon (once I find it and wash it since it has been in our basement) to see if it helps at all. I feel way more comfortable lying on my back but I can feel the pressure starting in my ute so I’m trying not to. 

ETA also yes to your dry skin question I just saw! I always have dry skin once it gets colder, but it started before that. Now that the temp has dropped, I’ve been putting Vaseline on my hands every night and it’s not even touching the dryness. 
  • Options
    @b1029 @annashaf ugh I suppose it's time to "pillow up". I'm already using the u shaped pillow but I remember using another pillow for my belly and one for my back with DD in 3rd tri. Now to just make sure I didn't throw all the old ones away with our recent purge 🙈

Also @b1029 where TF is my glowing?! I was told there would be glowing 😂
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams lol, right?! The only glowing I have is from the insane amount of lotion on me