March 2022 Moms
Options

PGAL 10/21

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Re: PGAL 10/21

• Options
    Weeks/EDD? 19 weeks +1 day/ due March 9

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? PPROM resulting in stillbirth, it was long and drawn out.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Insomnia is still kicking my butt. Emotionally I’ve been kind of a wreck. DH has unintentionally made it worse with a lack of compassion at times. I don’t think he means to be insensitive, he just really can’t wrap his head around what I’m going through.

Any appointment updates? Last MFM appointment will be 11/3 and then I get to go to regular OB the rest of the pregnancy. 

Any big milestones? We hit the halfway point! One month until viability.

Rants/Raves/Questions? As I touched on in the other thread this week, I have my second uti this pregnancy and so after I finish the course of antibiotics to treat it, the doctors want me on antibiotics to prevent another one all the way until delivery. I hate being on antibiotics for extended periods and always worry whether or not it will effect the baby. I know it’s probably safe, but the PGAL in me is scared still.
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains I’m sorry your husband is being insensitive, that makes the experience so much harder. And I’d definitely discuss your antibiotics worries with your doctor so they can give you reassurance on safety. 

Weeks/EDD? 19w3/Mar 14

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 2 MC before DS

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? changes by the hour on both counts. I feel good but then I get a twinge/pain and that sends me spiraling. I wish I felt baby move consistently, I know that would help. 

Any appointment updates? Monday is our AS. I’m nervous and we’re struggling to find child care so it’s looking like I may need to go solo, which really increases the anxiety.

Any big milestones? Being close to halfway is exciting. I may schedule my RCS at my next OB and it will be neat to have a solid date to plan for. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really, just emotional all the damn time which I don’t remember with my son. Kinda constantly on the verge of either tears or anger (or angry tears). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains I'm sorry you're DH doesn't really get it. SO is the same...he doesn't mean to say the wrong thing, and he's way better than he used to be, but he still sticks his foot in his mouth at least weekly.

@rachelredhead I'm sorry you might have to go to the AS alone. Here you're not allowed to have anyone with you for appointments or scans so I've been going through them all alone. At least I know SO's waiting for me in the car...but it's definitely not the same as being in the room.

Weeks/EDD? 18+3 / March 21

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 4 - 2 between my 2 girls and 2 between DD2 and this one

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically still stupidly sick, but forcing myself to move more...even if it results in more throwing up. Emotionally just like @rachelredhead . Everything makes me spiral. The inconsistency of movement is doing my head in. Some days O feel lots of movement and then the next day nothing. I think I might have preferred having an anterior placenta again and not being able to feel anything until it was consistent:/

Any appointment updates? Monday for heartbeat check, 3rd for Anatomy Scan

Any big milestones? Just waiting to get through the AS and for some consistent movement. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope. Just wishing I wasn't still soooooo sick:/
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains Sorry about your h, that's hard. Yay for graduatin your MFM!

@Panaceia @rachelredhead +1 to feeling like consistent movement will be such a game changer.

Weeks/EDD? 18+4 March 20

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 3- 2MMCs and a CP

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically, pretty much fine other than some mild back pain and restless legs. Emotionally I'm joining the club of being optimistic, then spiraling at the smallest thing. I don't remember being this anxious at this point with DD. I was PGAL, but still somewhat naive? 

Any appointment updates? AS and OB 11/1. 

Any big milestones? nothing much. waiting for viability, like lots of us. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  nah, just trying to take it one day at a time. 

• Options
    @morgantu I'm the same way! My 2 later losses were before DD2, but I did not have the constant anxiety with her that I do this time. It makes no sense to me!
  • Options
    @morgantu and @Panaceia
    I’ve been saying the same thing to myself, more or less. I was anxious with DS, but not this bad as far as I can remember. 

To Panaceia specifically:
    Sorry you’re still so sick :/ I hope it gets better.

I hope all of you feel consistent movement soon, baby girl has just recently been picking up in consistency so hopefully your babies will too.
  • Options
    @faithmovesmountains so sorry you’re dealing with the added stress of daily medication. I’m sure it’s hard reconciling what your doctors are suggesting is necessary with your desire to protect your baby. I hope your provider is able to put your mind at ease and more importantly intently listens to your concerns.

@rachelredhead also attended my AS alone this week after being told by multiple people that there are no visitors allowed. Found out when I showed up that the rules literally changed that day and they were allowing one person to come back with you. I hope you’re able to work it our for DH to be there, the support makes a big difference.

@Panaceia I had an identical experience to you re:baby’s movements. I would feel her rolling and kicking pretty consistently for one day and then absolutely nothing for 2-3 days. Only in the last week or two has it become as consistent as every day movement. I know I have a posterior placenta too. Hope he starts giving you better reassurance soon!

@morgantu hope your little one starts moving around more for you soon too. 
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD? 20 weeks today, March 10th
    Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? MC in April
    How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Feeling good all around. Spiraled a little yesterday over analyzing every single ultrasound print the tech gave me of baby’s face, heart, my placenta, etc. I think she was just being nice giving me all the pics but then I started thinking that maybe she gave them to me so I would see something she was trying to show me but couldnt tell me? It’s silly, I know, and pulled myself back from the ledge, but still…results couldn’t come fast enough.
    Any appointment updates? Not until mid-Nov for 24 week appt.
    Any big milestones? Made it halfway!
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Natm
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD? 18 weeks

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Lost our twin B, Dottie Jo, at 35+1 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Life has been hard lately but especially this last week. Saturday (10/23) was one year from finding out Dottie's heart was no longer beating. And our surviving twin, Georgie, turns 1 this Friday (10/29). We lit some floating lanterns in Dottie's memory on the 23rd but it was just, a really rough day. Next year we may not invite anyone but MH and I (and our girls). Some of the people who joined us made me irrationally angry keeping a running commentary/freaking out that the lanterns were gonna cause a fire and all the things that could go wrong. It made me feel like can't you just take 2 effing minutes to shut up and just remember my daughter? Physically I'm doing alright.

Any appointment updates? we go on Thursday for MFM consult and scan

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Just want to say sorry for sucking so much at keeping up/posting on the board. This pregnancy is really hard mentally for me and life has been busy as hell. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts have been thinking of you. Your frustration at people’s behavior during Dottie’s remembrance is 100% valid. Sometimes people aren't aware of the harm they're causing but it doesn’t make it any less wrong or hurtful. Happy early birthday to Georgie ❤️ Have you gotten any more answers about the antibody/antigen concern you were dealing with?
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts
    I’m so sorry people were disrespectful :/ I remember after my loss how some people could be and I know it can make you feel so helpless and flustered because you’re grieving and it’s like they literally don’t get it. Sending hugs and as night_nurse said, happy early birthday to Georgie!
  • Options
    @night_nurse so we got the test results back from MH, he is heterozygous for Kell, and for some reason they didn't test the genotyping for little-c. So for the Kell there is a 50% chance baby has the antigen (requires a lot of monitoring). We could do an amnio to find out for 100% certainty, but there's some risks associated with that (becoming more sensitized to babes blood, potentially developing more antibodies etc). So we will be monitoring baby closely and going from there. It's still stressful as hell though. Like with Dottie we were monitored closely and yet still lost her what feels like unexpectedly.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I’m glad they are taking a conservative approach and continuing to monitor you and baby closely. Good luck at the appointment tomorrow ❤️ Thinking of you.