Options

Weekly Check-In 10/18

How far along are you//EDD:

Size of the baby: 

Upcoming appointments:  

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:  

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween this year? 

Re: Weekly Check-In 10/18

• Options
    How far along are you?  26 weeks and 4 days/ EDD: January 20th

Size of the baby: As long as a ping pong paddle

Upcoming appts: Regular OB check up in 3 weeks.  GD 3 hour test today - ugh!

How are you feeling? Just started feeling like shit the last few days.  I’ve got terrible moodiness and get so frustrated with my husband.  Usually it’s bc he is snoring when I can’t sleep 🤣. 

Rants/Raves:  Rant is my husbands snoring. Rave is I told my boss at my new job last week I was pregnant and she was thrilled and so supportive.  Liking the new job so far- I’m two months in so that’s great. 

Questions- I saw someone post about an echocardiogram for their baby?  When is everyone getting that? I think I need one bc I did IVF but my doctor hasn’t mentioned it.

GTKY:  I will be home for Halloween but am
    hoping to get lots of trick or treaters. It’s our first Halloween in our home (we bought last year in September but didn’t move in until December) - so that should
    be fun!  And we have an old avocado toast costumer we will wear.  Last time my husband was the avocado so this year I’ll be it! 
  • Options

How far along are you//EDD: 26w/Jan 24

Size of the baby: a bunch of kale

Upcoming appointments: in 2 weeks 28 week OB visit and GD test

How are you feeling?: feeling pretty good and big, I can’t believe it’s still 3 more months, I feel like I’m close to the same size I was at 9 months with DS. Also, super hot at night. Thankfully sleep hasn’t been too terrible, although I do flop from side to side multiple times throughout the night.

Rants/Raves: I have family coming to visit and it’s DH’s bday next week. I bought a bunch of decorations and can’t wait to put them up when he’s sleeping. The theme is his favorite football team and I got a 6’ cardboard cutout of his favorite player. No real rant except that due to supply chain issues our remodel won’t be done by the time LO arrives. I know it’s not our contractor’s fault and have just accepted that things will be done in the spring. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween this year? It kind of depends on the weather, if it’s raining then not much. If not raining then we’ll do a bonfire/s’mores and the kids will trick or treat in the neighborhood (there’s only like 10 houses).

@karenmarie9 good luck with the GD test! And so glad your boss responded well to you being pregnant. Having a supportive boss/company makes such a difference in job satisfaction. I don’t know if I’ll be doing an echocardiogram, my OB hasn’t mentioned it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@karenmarie9 I had my fetal EKG done a month ago, so around 24 weeks? I would contact your doctor and ask. My doctor recommends it to all IVF pregnancies. And ugh to the snoring. My husband snores a bit maybe a couple times a week, so it's not too bad, and he'll usually stop when I poke him and he rolls onto his side. But then I'm awake, and then I have to pee, and then I'm awake for an hour sometimes. So frustrating! 

How far along are you//EDD: 28+5/January 5

Size of the baby: eggplant

Upcoming appointments:  regular OB tappt November 9

How are you feeling?: Huge, have to pee all the time, and Braxton Hicks are no joke. The anxiety is also back. At last week's ultrasound they still couldn't see the nasal bone, so all the worries from a couple months ago came back. I think I'm doing better today, but I was in a pretty bad place for a couple days after that appointment. I also didn't get great photos - big deal, right? But it just bothered me. On a positive (and probably more important) note, she's measuring just fine and seems totally normal otherwise, and the doctor said I shouldn't worry. Plus we have the tests. Trust the tests. Trust the tests. 

Rants/Raves: We had to postpone my little guy's 3rd birthday party because my husband came down with a crazy stomach bug over the weekend. He quarantined himself in the basement the whole time, so I was solo parenting. Saturday was lazy and exhausting, but yesterday I took the boys out for donuts and we went to the park, then visited with my parents for a bit. It was a pretty great day overall, and I was happy to end the weekend on a happy note. 

Questions:  none

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween this year?  We moved my son's birthday party (it'll just be an immediate family thing) to Halloween, and we'll do it at my parents' house. They live in a typical suburban neighborhood so the boys will get to go Trick or Treating this year, and they're super stoked. Our house is in a semi-rural area on a hill with no sidewalks or street lights, so Trick or Treating isn't ideal unless we go to another neighborhood anyway. I won't dress up, but the boys are going as a pirate and Jack Skellington. 

• Options

How far along are you//EDD:  25 weeks 5 days 1/26/22

Size of the baby:  Cauliflower

Upcoming appointments:  November 5 w/MFM for placenta previa check to see if it's resolved as of last Friday it hasn't and November 12 OB for GD test

How are you feeling?:  Agitated.  Not because I want to be, but I just am with EVERYTHING and EVERYONE.

Rants/Raves:  Rant: As stated above agitation level is through the rough.  Have lost all patience and all give a f****.  

Rave:  My son made me laugh so hard this morning I'm almost peed myself.  Okay I did pee a little. I needed that laugh though so it was much appreciated.

Questions:  None

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween this year?  Taking my son tricking treating and probably passing out candy when we get back.

• Options

How far along are you//EDD: 27weeks4days Due on January 14th

Size of the baby: Lettuce/papaya 

Upcoming appointments:  Nov 4th prenatal

How are you feeling?: I just feel constantly anxious. This is my first pregnancy & I just always feel like something is wrong. I don’t know how to get myself to not think that way. It definitely stresses my husband out, but he would never show that. I ended up at L&D a couple times. The first time I had severe cramping, but they determined It was just round ligament pain (I didn’t realize It could get that bad). & the second time was decreased fetal movement. There was a point in time he moved after I ate or drank ANYTHING then that like suddenly stopped. My OB told me to go to L&D. As soon as I was out on the monitor, guess what?! HE WAS KICKING AWAY!! i’m 27 almost 28 weeks at this point, & i’m feeling the decrease in movement again when I feel like I should feel his every move considering how big he is at this point. I don’t know, I feel crazy. 

Rants/Raves: I feel huge already & im only 27 almost 28 weeks. I can’t imagine what i’ll look like 2 months from now 😂 Again anxiety, just completely taking over. I am officially really uncomfortable shaving my legs so that’s great LOL. I have had some stomach & digestive issues too. 

Questions:  Not this week

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween this year?  My husband is working, so I am not quite sure what i’m going to do for Halloween! ☹️

• Options
    fifilala516fifilala516 member
    edited October 2021

How far along are you//EDD: 27w3d / January 15, 2022

Size of the baby: A head of lettuce

Upcoming appointments: 10/28 for 28-wk appointment

How are you feeling?: Still huge and getting bigger. Getting up from any position is a feat in itself. I have leg and hip pain, and very tight Braxton Hicks-like feeling sometimes. Also, the baby is super active and keeps kicking me in the lady bits. Insomnia is real. 

Rants/Raves: Uhh...I have to think. Rave is that Mercury is out of retrograde? I swear everything has been a shitshow lately, so I was attributing it to that lol. 

Questions:  NATM

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween this year?  We're going on our babymoon! Still TBD on where we're going...we'll find out next week!

@karenmarie9 I didn't have a fetal echo. I had to go for a follow up anatomy scan because they couldn't get all the photos they wanted of her heart the first time, but luckily the follow up scan yielded everything they needed.

• Options

How far along are you//EDD: 26+2, Jan 23

Size of the baby: Thanks to @elksamm, a bunch of kale. I couldn't remember, and we are due a day apart. 

Upcoming appointments:  OB thur am. GD in 2 weeks-ish

How are you feeling?: large. Tired. Aches by the end of the day. Sometimes it feels like my abs are ripping off of my ribs, so that's great. 

Rants/Raves: our son was sick all weekend with a fever, which finally broke last night. He woke up with a normal temp finally, though he slept like garbage, and in turn, I too slept like garbage. I also started to feel a cold coming on last night, which also kept me awake during the night. It's like my nose is a damn faucet and snot just comes pouring out. So I had tissue stuck up there so I could get a little sleep. Luckily, a runny nose and stuffy head is all I have. It can f*ck off anytime though. Only being able to use a netty pot to help isn't ideal. 

Questions:  does anyone have a belly support band they recommend? As far as I can see, the belly bandit upsie support belt is highly rated. Waiting to see if our benefits cover any of it, and if I need a script for it. 

Our son is going to be a dinosaur, and I think we will just hit a few houses down our road. 

• Options
    @sarah_is_pregnant, sorry about your cold! I use the belly bandit basics belt. I wear it low across my hips when walking for support to ease SPD pain. I wear it higher up on my belly, though, when I need more support from the pressure of the babe, uterus, placenta. It certainly helps when I wear it. I notice a difference when I don’t. 
  • Options
    Well I have an answer to my question and a rant update!!! Turns out my fetal echo should have been scheduled by week 22.  The doctor is really sorry she missed it!!! Ugh! Glad I asked.  And the earliest the hospital can get me in is nov 3.  They’ll call me back if they can do it any quicker.  @Lisa3379- did you do yours at Stanford?  That’s where they are sending me.  
  • Options
    @karenmarie9 I actually did mine at PAMF in San Carlos. All of my other scans were at Stanford. Go figure! 
  • Options

How far along are you//EDD: 29w3d (1/1/22)

Size of the baby: Pineapple 

Upcoming appointments:  Monday for my 30w check up. 

How are you feeling?: Good mostly.  I'm having a lot more acid reflux (had the same with my son).  Starting to get exhausted more easily again.  It's crazy how it comes full circle and 3rd tri can feel like 1st tri, except now I'm huge. lol. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: My student teacher is going to by my long-terms sub while I'm maternity leave - which makes the transition and forward planning a lot easier...that is as long as she doesn't quite before she starts #MyClassIsInsane.  Also, we're doing the weekend in a hotel while my husband is working at a convention, and Saturday we're all going to the Omaha Zoo. Looking forward to not having to clean or cook!

Rant: My kids were all out of sorts today and I lost my mental and emotional patience.  I am beat and really wishing that I could partake in an adult beverage (specifically a glass of wine).  I also tripped on a damn binder clip that someone left/dropped in the the middle of my floor, and I fell.  I tried to catch myself on my desk, and instead hit my hand on my desk really hard, leaving a bruise, and fell onto my hip.  I was able to think quickly enough that I didn't fall on my stomach. Oh AND, I got my per diem rate for unpaid time while on FMLA leave and it makes me want to throw up thinking of how much money I'm losing by taking my full 12 weeks.  (the most I can get paid for is 8 weeks IF I a) have a c-Section or b) get a doctor's note saying I need that much time to recover). 

Questions:  NATM

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween this year? Nothing big.  Trick or treating with my son (which my town does on 10/30 since the 31st is a Sunday - this still baffles me.). He has decided he wants to be spider-batman since he likes his spider suit the best, but the batman mask more than his Spiderman mask. I don't have to go buy him a new costume, so I'm all for it. 

DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

How far along are you//EDD: 29w0d/ 1/4 

Size of the baby: acorn squash 

Upcoming appointments:  Next Fri (29th) for 30w appt 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good.. actually a little better w reflux. Just more fatigued and still up every 2 hours at night.. blahhh

Rants/Raves: Rave- currently on a few night getaway w my husband in the mountains in western NC. It’s beautiful and relaxing here! Rant- he’s sleeping so soundly right now as I deal w insomnia and listen to him snore.

Questions:  I don’t think so.. had questions about ordering a breast pump through insurance and what type of pump to get so that thread was helpful for that. 

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween this year?  Nothing really since we just moved to our area and don’t have kids yet. I bought a shirt that had a pumpkin face over my bump so will be a little pumpkin this year.

• Options

How far along are you//EDD: 26w6d//Jan 20

Size of the baby: Kale but almost lettuce (what does that even mean??? These veg comparisons make no sense sometimes! Maybe this is my rant this week 😂)

Upcoming appointments:  28 weeks for GD test

How are you feeling?: Exhaustion has hit hard. I am struggling to find the energy to work today. Heartburn continues to be an issue. But seems - I hope - to have decreased a bit. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - just tired of being tired and confused about vegetable size comparisons. Haha. Rave - prenatal massages are A-MAZING. I will def need another one in December. 

Questions: Same as last week.. anyone else dealing with hemorrhoids? Any advice?

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween this year? Got candy for those trick-or-treating.. which at this point may just be our 2-year-old niece knocking on our door 5 times in a row 😜🎃🕸

• Options
    shinyobjectsshinyobjects member
    edited October 2021

@lilyfox Yes on prenatal massage!! I got one last week and it was absolute heaven!! 

@karenmarie9 that’s awesome about your boss. Support in the workplace is such a great (and not common enough) thing!

@magalina_h ugh that’s so tough, and I’m with you on wishing I could partake in an adult beverage! Sending all the positive vibes your way.

How far along are you//EDD: 25+6/Jan 27

Size of the baby: cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments:  mfm ultrasound and 3 hr glucose both in Monday.

How are you feeling?: big. Achey. Better since I started taking reflux meds, but my allergies have been absolutely horrible. I’m very “over it”, but feels like forever to go! Just in general frustrated with everything all the time.

Rants/Raves: rant and rave mixed together: my bil is getting married this weekend. I’m excited for them, but they asked dd to be the flower girl, and got her a dress without consulting me on size. So I’ve spent the last week dusting off my (very rusty) sewing skills and trying to tailor for a toddler. I actually enjoyed being crafty again, but I’m just so frustrated, like all she had to do was ASK the size. On the plus side I found a dress for me that I love for cheap, but tried it on today and realized I don’t have good undergarments for it. So I’m a little all over the place.

Questions:  none atm 

I’ve never been big on Halloween, but my neighbor is planning a block party complete with a bounce house and activities, which I’m pretty excited about. I have not thought about costumes since I’ve been so wrapped up in wedding prep. Any cute pregnancy costume ideas? 

Eta:typo

• Options
    @lilyfox ugh hemorrhoids. I'm pretty sure I've got them already too, though I haven't taken the mirror down below to double check. 
    I can only say to make sure you're getting lots of fibre, and aren't straining/pushing to poop. When I feel a lot of pressure on my pelvic floor, I lay down on the floor with my calves and feet on the couch and a pillow under my hips. 
    I haven't really tried the witch hazel wipes or anything, so I'm not sure they actually help. 
  • Options

How far along are you//EDD: 28w4d; Jan 9

Size of the baby: Tropical coconut?

Upcoming appointments:  Had my appointment today for a growth scan, 1 hr GD test, and TDaP shot

How are you feeling?: Heartburn is worse again and a frustrating level of back pain but otherwise still feeling okay.

Rants/Raves: Rave: I had my Echo last week to make sure my underlying heart condition hasn't gotten worse with pregnancy and it hasn't! So I "should" get to deliver with my primary OB instead of MFM!

Questions: At what point did people start putting together a hospital bag?

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween this year? I will dress up for work on Friday, our unit at the hospital voted to be Pixar characters so I'm going as Boo from monsters inc

• Options
    @pedsoncrn461 I was trying to remember when I started getting my bag ready in the past… I want to say it was around 34 weeks? I also started driving around with the car seat around that time too, I think. 
  • Options
    UPDATE - our surprise babymoon is to Baltimore, MD! Anyone from there/have any great recommendations? They booked me a prenatal massage, which I sooooo need.
  • Options

How far along are you//EDD: 27 weeks 2 days/ Jan19th!

Size of the baby: Bunch of bananas! 

Upcoming appointments: 28 week GD test

How are you feeling?: Big. This 3rd time I am so big so fast and I don’t know how I’m literally going to just get bigger. 😬 Also just super tired, hurting, and always out of breath. Overwhelmingly thankful for this little babe though. 💕

Rants/Raves: So both a rant and rave. My mom has been hearing voices and has been a bit delusional the last 2 months. She was basically refusing treatment and refused to believe it was not actually happening but then on Sunday had appendicitis and had an emergency appendectomy that next day. I went to the hospital Tuesday and Wednesday and advocated over and over for a psych evaluation and finally got one on Thursday where they deemed her necessary for a baker act. It sounds crazy but I’m just thankful. She was getting worse and I was afraid she would become a harm to herself or someone else including my dad. She is now getting the treatment and I am hoping these thoughts and voices go away and she can go back to a somewhat normal life soon with my dad. 

Questions:  none. 

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween this year? Trick or treating! My girls are going to be belle and Cinderella, I’m Ariel, and my husband will be flounder or something. 😂