June 2022 Moms
Options

Who have you told?!?

I'm 5w2d (husband already knows) and have such a hard time keeping a secret - doesn't help when your families come over and want to drink beer/wine lol 

Re: Who have you told?!?

• Options
    We told our parents and grandparents right away (around 4 weeks). I couldn't wait to tell them and I would rather have there support if something were to go wrong than have to go through it alone. We've also told a couple of close friends for the same reason. I can't wait to be in the clear to tell everyone!!
  • Options
    So far the only ones who know are DH, my boss, and my lead from work - since we are at 4 weeks today want them to know incase anything happens. Soon we will be telling other people, just planning it out.
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We haven’t told anyone yet! It’s so hard to keep this a secret. Planning to share with parents & my sister after our 8 week appointment, but will wait longer to tell the rest of the family/ friends. 
  • Options
    daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited October 2021
    We’ve told my parents and both told our best friends. Obviously our kiddos know too as much as they can comprehend it right now. Our four year old is excited and like to “kiss the baby” but the one year old just says baby lol 
  • Options
    @daisy0322 I forgot that my son knows too. He doesn’t understand why the baby isn’t here yet. Then I showed him what the baby looks like right now and he said “yuck, does it have knees?” 😂
  • Options
    Our families know, and a few friends. Waiting for dating ultrasound to make it "Facebook official"
  • Options
    starkettestarkette member
    edited October 2021
    Told my best friend "I think I might be pregnant" before even taking the test and before telling my husband.  :D I always tell her first, for mental support. Just her and my husband know, I'm barely 6 weeks and haven't had my first appointment yet. I don't wanna tell other family or our daughter until it's confirmed a viable pregnancy...even then I get nervous but I think I'd rather have support if something goes wrong. So I'll tell my family after my first appointment if all goes well. And that's not until 10/21.
  • Options
    We've told our close friends. I told my work mom but our parents don't know yet. 
    Me: 38 BF: 35
    TTC Journey
    TTC since 1/2020
    AMA and poor sperm motility/count/morp
    5% chance of IUI success
    10/26/2021 - MC#1

Zoey Catherine
    10/17/2012 - 7/4/2018
    She fought DIPG (brain cancer) for 2 years
    #LETTHELIGHTSHINE
    http://zoeyslight.org/
    https://www.instagram.com/casey_steinv2.0/

• Options
    I called my sister right after my BFP (of course after my husband and I had our moment lol). I had one friend guess and ask (quick rant: I kind of hate that people ask because I would have shared if I was ready to), and told one other friend. I wanted to wait until after my first appointment to tell immediate family, but that appointment isn't until a lifetime away (November 10th) when I'll be approx. 10 weeks. I don't think I can keep it from them that long, especially since my dad and stepmom are coming to visit us next week. I figure that I'll tell them in person when they are here and tell my mom and in-laws around the same time. I feel like it's telling way too many people off the bat - especially since I haven't had anything confirmed by a doctor. But I just don't think I can keep it a secret from this group for too long - they would start to suspect sooner or later.
  • Options
    Same place ❤
  • Options
    I was 6w yesterday and told my parents, sister, best friend, and boss. ❤️ I will personally tell a few others at 8 weeks. Social media… probably Christmas. 😅
  • Options
    This is the box we used to tell our families last night. My MIL cried and hugged me. She’s super excited. My mom was so confused as we got pregnant right away and she thought I would have told her immediately haha 
  • Options
    My mom and husband know. I'm 4 weeks today. Do people generally tell their bosses so early? I waited til nearly 16 weeks last time and that was only bc inwas away for 3 weeks and worried I'd pop before I got back to work 🤣
  • Options
    That box is so cute! Great idea 
  • Options
    @Samanthabs875 my mom is coming is coming up this weekend and I don’t plan on telling her right away (bit of a rocky relationship right now). Don’t feel obligated just because they come to visit.

I’ve had a few people ask and guess but I’ve said “haven’t taken a test yet” and usually they don’t follow up with me. Or I’ve been saying “must be the weather changing”
  • Options
    @yooleeah thank you for that. I’m generally good at keeping secrets for other people, but in general have a hard time doing so for things having to do with myself haha. So it’s good to have that reassurance that I can stand firm and not tell people immediately! 
  • Options
    I'm 5 weeks now so we haven't told anyone yet. I'm always so nervous telling, especially since I haven't had a real confirmation yet, just 2 blood tests post frozen embryo transfer. I think we will wait until we hear the heartbeat to tell.

@marionberry19 that is such a cute announcement! Hubby and I have been thinking of cute ways to tell our family and we are running out  of ideas as this will be our third baby announcement. 

@cass060 I personally don't tell anyone at work until I'm well into 2nd tri (or until I can't hide anymore if it's that visible). But I know some who've had to tell much earlier because they were constantly sick at work. It's all a personal choice. I also work in HR so sometimes I find out first because employees want to know our policies, but I always keep it a secret until they are ready to tell their boss. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    I told my hubby right away, and then just a couple days ago my brother and like 5 of our friends guessed because I wasn't drinking at a brunch bday party and then dinner later, when usually I'm all about the drinks 😅 We want to wait until 12 weeks to tell the parents and everyone who doesn't guess, though. But we might tell the parents at 8 weeks too... Not sure how long we can hold out. I'd want more support during the pregnancy and I want to tell them sooner, but we'll be seeing them in person in December. And my parents would be ecstatic but they're also kinda judgey; if I did lose the baby, they'd be questioning if it was because of something I did...sooo idk.
  • Options
    The only one that knows is my husband. We haven’t told anyone and I want to wait to tell immediate family until at least my first ultrasound. My sister went through 3 miscarriages and is on her 4th pregnancy now, so I don’t want to spread the news too far until I know I’m further along. If I make it to Christmas time, I’ll probably tell most people then. Then again, maybe people will figure it out when they see my out and not drinking beer? Anyway, lips are sealed for another few weeks while I anxiously await my 1st doctors visit. 
  • Options
    casper1118casper1118 member
    edited October 2021
    We haven't told anyone yet, not even our daughters. Waiting till the 12 wk mark, like usual, which falls around Christmas for us so i'mma come up with a cute gift idea as an announcement for the girls.