March 2022 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Strollers!

Please share all your recommendations for single, double, umbrella strollers, etc!

Re: Product Spotlight: Strollers!

• Options
    kgg2241kgg2241 member
    edited October 2021
    Selfishly started this because a new stroller is about the only big thing we need for this baby. I'm specifically looking for a double stroller for neighborhood walks. 

We have the Ergo 180 stroller. I don't hate it but I also don't recommend it. There has to be better options out there for a similar price. It is just okay IMO.
  • Options
    We had a Baby Trend jogging stroller with DD1...it was ok but I didn't love it.

Then we got a Guzzy&Gus umbrella stroller which I adore and we use all the time still with DD2 (and got the stroller board attachment too but don't really use it).

I also got a single Thule running chariot with DD1 which I love.

With DD2 we got the PegPerrego Book Scout which I love love love.

Then last year we got a Burley double bike chariot, but I use it as a stroller (also have the jogger attachment but rarely use it) and it is probably my favourite thing ever. My super tall almost 8 year old still fits in it comfortably with my tall 27 month old. It is pretty big even when folded down, but other than that I absolutely love it and will definitely continue using it with this new baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m here for this, I’ve been thinking of doing the mockingbird double stroller, but would love to hear some big opinions on double strollers!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    When I thought we were going to have kids closer in age I was looking at the Joovy caboose I think it was called...
  • Options
    Have been stalking Mercari and Fb marketplace for a decently priced Bugaboo Donkey Duo. Narrowed it down after tons of research. 
  • Options
    @gembud I've been looking at Mockingbird too! 

@night_nurse I just googled the Bugaboo. That looks nice! I am feeling stupid but does it convert to a twin stroller and not just a baby bassinet on one side and toddler on the other, right? I think I have pregnancy brain because I can't figure that part out 😅.
  • Options
    @gembud I hear the Mockingbird strollers are a great alternative to the UB Vista!

We have the UppaBaby Vista, and will be keeping that for the twins. Smooth ride, large basket, but super heavy. Once the twins are older, we'll be looking at a travel side by side stroller. We have a single Zoe which we love, so will prob get the double Zoe stroller later on. The Zoe is so light and travel-friendly. Large shade, compact fold, and can stand on its own.
  • Options
    I don’t have it yet, but I have become kind of obsessed with the Cybex Gazelle, which is very similar to the Uppababy Vista but a bit more affordable. It’s still super new, and so far most of the reviews are still kind of promotional. I’m hoping some of the more reliable review sites will do a review of it soon! It sounds amazing. Sounds like there’s more storage space than the Vista, and it’s significantly easier to swap between configurations than with the Vista, and you don’t have to buy the unnecessary extra rumble seat or the bassinet like you do with the vista. 
  • Options
    @jessier19 oh that looks like a good option too. 

Okay so now my question for all you STM+, do you prefer the double stroller where they are side by side or stacked? 
  • Options
    @kgg2241 yes it can be used as a single with just a bassinet or regular seat. Can be forward facing or facing you. Or can be extended wider to accommodate 2 bassinets, 2 seats, or a bassinet and a seat. As a double set-up it is still narrow enough to fit through a standard doorway. The push bar is adjustable to accommodate taller people. The regular seats also lay flat like a bassinet- or you can change out the fabric to be an actual bassinet. I like that the canopies come all the way down to shade baby if the fall asleep in the stroller. Bugaboo also sells adapters so you can click in the infant car seat. 

Im planning on buying a used 2016/2017 model and will most likely use it mostly as a single with the side cargo basket and a ride on board for the 4 year old. 
  • Options
    @night_nurse Thank you! That was super helpful (and very convincing haha). 
  • Options
    Opinions please… Is the Nuna Travel System worth the money?? It it is great then I am totally okay with spending that much money! Just would love to hear from anyone that actually has one. 
  • Options
    We have an ancient (from the early 90's) Peg Perego Milano pram/stroller that a neighbor of my mom's was giving away. It is actually pretty decent and I love it. We checked on recalls and received the safety device that needed to be added to it. For a free stroller it is amazing. Maybe all other strollers function the same way but why buy what isn't broke IMO. We have that and a cheapy umbrella stroller, but my go to the the PP. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @Panaceia I have a Joovy Qool and I love it. I didn't use it as much as I thought I would due to Covid, but we used it a couple weeks ago at the fair for my 5 and 3 year olds and it was great. 

I prefer the stacked seats because it's impossible to steer something double wide at places like the zoo or kids museum.