Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Pool or Beach 

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 10/11

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/16, 9 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: end of October

How are you feeling?: Like absolute sh*t 😂. I'm debating calling my doctor for bonjesta since my nausea/gagging/dry heaving is now bad enough in the morning to where medication might be worth the sleepy hangover. Also I have a sinus infection so that's been fun, waiting to see if my nausea gets better when that goes away.

Rants/Raves: rant: as I was unpacking my maternity wear this weekend, I realized how woefully small my winter/fall clothes selection was (southern October baby problems). All my colder weather clothes are nursing only (intentionally bought them that way), so they won't fit me when pregnant. Now I need to buy a new wardrobe, and now worry about coats?? It seems silly to buy an expensive coat because I live in the south, but it would be cold enough to need something, possibly a wool one and a definitely a lighter weight one. but I would only need them for like 3 months. Ugh. (will cross post in maternity clothes post for coat recs!) 

Questions: nope

GTKY: Pool or Beach.....hmmmm that's a tough one. If I'm in the Caribbean, I'd probably prefer the beach because I love napping/reading under a cabana in the morning, listening to the water. 🏖️ But if there isn't any shade, probably a pool so I can stay cool, and at least keep half my body from being fried to a crisp. With DD though, the beach is more fun, because of how much she loves it, despite getting sand in *all the places*. 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams spot on with the beach vs pool! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11w // May 1

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: 10/18 NT scan and 12w appt 

How are you feeling?: hungry all the time! Exhaustion is still there but easing up 

Rants/Raves: NIPT results in…will cross post to prenatal testing thread. But Natara released them today on my email and 10 min later my health app pinged that they were there. I’ve not opened either.

Questions: n/a

GTKY: Pool or Beach i LOVE the beach when I’m solo or with adults, water side chairs in water, nooks and good drinks. DD likes the idea of the beach but prefers the pool. I’ve grown to like pools more through her. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8 weeks + 1 and 5/22

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: good but exhausted all the time. 

Rants/Raves: I have no reason to be exhausted but I am. My husband was so great this weekend. I went to acupuncture bc he scheduled it last minute, I got my hair done, and I got to sleep in on Sunday. He also did the deep cleaning of the kids room that I have been wanting to do but waiting until the 2nd trimester so I had some energy to do it. 

GTKY: Pool or Beach. Honestly I love both I can’t choose. 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams I didn’t even think about a coat since I’ll be further along this winter than last time (July baby). Probably going to rock the open zipper. I live in Kentucky so it doesn’t typically get horribly cold. I’m sorry you’re feeling so bad, a sinus infection on top of the nausea etc sounds horrible. 

@And846 are you all going to find out the sex, or did you have it hidden from results? 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/19, 8+4

Upcoming Appointments: I had my initial appt and US this morning. Next appt 11/8.

How are you feeling?: exhausted because I barely slept over the weekend. I was so anxious for the US. Felt pretty nauseous too, still no vomiting so that’s a plus. 

Rants/Raves: I was just so happy to see the little jellybean this morning and hear the heartbeat. I feel like I can exhale. In the rant area, DD’s daycare is closed all week because a teacher tested positive for covid. It ended up being a good week for it because my SIL is in town towards the end of the week and my FIL is off today, but I’m taking off tomorrow. Is it bad I’m annoyed that MH also took off the morning to “hang out”? 😆 Also my neighbors are having work done that is lasting foreverrrrrrr. I’m so tired of the constant noise. 

GTKY: Pool or Beach- this is hard! I love being at the ocean but hate sand. I guess I’d say pool since the chairs are comfy and there’s shade to be found haha. 
  • Options
    @b_1029 I'm such a baby in the winter, I don't think I could handle the unzipped jackets, and i live way further south than you🙈 I lived in the north for 9 years growing up and immediately lost my tolerance upon moving down south lol.  

Ugh, sorry that your daughter's daycare closed, and hopefully her teacher feels better soon. 

@conni0205 uhh, you're pregnant, that's reason enough to be exhausted, no other excuses required!! You're growing a tiny human!  ❤️

@And846 "likes the idea of the beach" 😂 boy I can kinda relate to that in a way. I feel like DD is that way too...doesn't care about playing in the sand, just wants to run around in 1" deep water. 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams same to becoming a wimp! I grew up up north and it’s crazy how quickly I’ve become so sensitive to the cold haha
  • Options
    @b_1029 we do want to know the gender but we have. Friend putting together a box for us to open with DD…so i want to be surprised. 
  • Options
    fireflyz_56fireflyz_56 member
    edited October 2021
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Mid-May? I think I'm around 9 weeks this week.

Upcoming Appointments: Oct 25th, dating ultrasound

How are you feeling?: Mild nausea all day, really tired (I went to bed at 830 last night lol). My chest has been painfully sore. I'm also really sensitive to smells this time around. We had Thanksgiving dinner last night (we are in Canada) and when I opened the fridge this morning the smell of the leftover turkey almost knocked me over.

Rants/Raves: I'm already struggling to wear my jeans. When I was pregnant with DD (8 years ago), I swear she was just growing in my ribcage... no one asked me if I was expecting until I was around 7 months. Pretty sure that's not going to be the case this time!

Questions: I am going to be 38 soon so that is a worry of mine. I am just hoping everything looks ok at the ultrasound appt on the 25th. I know that's not really a question, lol.

GTKY: I'd have to say the beach
  • Options
    @fireflyz_56 oh god, even *thinking* about opening up the fridge has me gagging. I absolutely dread fixing meals just because I have to open the fridge. If it's that bad for you with the fridge, friendly reminder to also never open a dirty dishwasher. 🤢 
  • Options
    @fireflyz_56 and @pajamstagrams YUP. I haven't been able to open the fridge for weeks - thank god DH works from home and can get me the things I need. I also haven't been able to wash the dishes, so he's been taking care of that tool 🙌🏼

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10w 5d / 5/4

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: Heartbeat appt on Wednesday!! 

How are you feeling?: I was feeling so much better last week and then this weekend, but today my aversions and gagging came back full force during my all-day zoom meeting.

Rants/Raves: I was able to eat some meat for the first time in 4 weeks! I had bites of DH's buffalo chicken wrap and some buffalo chicken mac and cheese over the weekend. I think I'm just happy with any food as long as it's covered in buffalo sauce lol

Questions: How do you know if you're starting to show or if it's just bloat? Sometimes I feel like I have a little bump, but other times I think it's just bloat I'm convincing myself is a tiny bump lol 

GTKY: Beach overall, but if I actually wanted to swim I'd go for a pool! I hate getting salt water in my mouth and hair. 
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 15- 9w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4thTM

Upcoming Appointments: bloodwork next Monday for genetic testing 

How are you feeling?: Other than being absolutely exhausted all the time, bloating in the evening and having some food aversions, I actually feel really good! Of course, this totally triggers my pregnancy anxiety because I’m not feeling “pregnant enough” though… 🤦🏻‍♀️

Rants/Raves: My father-in-law was totally grilling me yesterday (in a weird way) about if I was pregnant and not telling them or if my DH and I were trying. It was super obnoxious. After coming off a miscarriage, i think it’s extremely rude to be asking questions like he was…If we want you to know, you’ll know. 

Questions: Do any of you have home dopplers? If so, do you like them?! 

GTKY: Pool or Beach. Pool- all day every day… especially with kiddos. I hate the dirty feeling after being at the beach and having sand everywhere! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @And846 ok- I agree, the beach with adults or solo is amazing. Nothing beats the sound of the waves! 

@b_1029 why does sand have to be a thing?! Haha 

@karisahamdi I wish I has the answer to your question too! Pregnant with #4 and the bloat seems to be more and more consistent at 9w! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @karisahamdi can you suck it in at all? My guess is that it’s bloat just because it’s your first pregnancy (right)? However, I could be totally wrong! You probably do have a tiny bump that only you notice :) 
  • Options
    @karisahamdi so I can feel that my pelvis is hard, and it's still right under my underwear line. That's my uterus, and that's a "bump" even if it doesn't actually show through clothing. The rest above is just bloat, but you do still get a cute little "bump" from the bloat. 

@OneRainDrop i'm sorry your FIL was being rude about that, people should know never to pry, and never ever ask if someone is pregnant!!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/11 / 9+5

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments: Nov 3

How are you feeling?: Nauseous and tired though luckily the nausea has quieted down enough to keep food down.

Rants/Raves: Still struggling to keep milk down which is sad when I am craving it with some chocolate chip cookies. I also told my husband about my SCH and he seemed unfazed and didn’t know why I was worrying about it.

Questions:  None

GTKY: Pool or Beach. I would say beach though I do enjoy a good pool day.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: based on LMP 5/7 10w 3days

Upcoming Appointments: 10/20 - growth US little bean is measuring 5days behind so they might change my EDD then 

How are you feeling?: the nausea is not easing up at all that sucks. And the fatigue this time around also insane. 

Rants/Raves: rant - having feelings about things be chalked up to being pregnant and it being the pregnancy hormones and not the fact that other people suck sometimes. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Pool or Beach- I’m torn. I love the beach hate the ocean. But the pool is so refreshing especially after a day at the beach. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    @itsagalsworls1024 I find that everyone and everything annoys me when I'm pregnant.  Blame the hormones!!
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams lol usually I do I lean into it 98% of the time, this this time it was actually people being crappy and instead of them being told they suck I was told I’m hormonal and to not get upset about it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    @itsagalsworls1024 oh, hell no!!! 🤬 Sorry you had to deal with that. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  May 18, so 8 weeks and change. 

Upcoming Appointments: Genetic Counseling on the 20th

How are you feeling?: Nausea and food aversions continue, but the B6 has helped.   Fewer headaches and a little more energy. 

Rants/Raves:  the nausea/food aversions and low energy is making it hard to keep up with my life.  The fatigue as you are older with young kids a d early pregnancy is real! 

Questions:  not right now

GTKY: Pool or Beach  Love a walk on the beach but sand is my nemesis.  To go in the water, probably a pool. The ocean worries me - heck water just worries me with little. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 31/7 weeks today

Upcoming Appointments: In 4 weeks. Had first ultrasound today.

How are you feeling?: I've had a much better day today. I had some major caffeine withdrawal (can't even stand the smell of coffee now) that I think was making 1st trimester symptoms way worse. Who knew you shouldn't go cold turkey after being a serious caffeine addict for 10+ years? 😅

Rants/Raves: I wish I could tell my unruly students in 2nd period that I am pregnant. They're not bad kids, but oh my God, I don't have the energy to wrangle them. I really wish we could all just take a nap, but I don't think the principal would like that much. 🤣

Questions: None today.

Beach, especially if the water is calm! I can live in the water all day off the gulf. A cold beverage and a floaty, and I'm golden.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9w3d after my ultrasound last Monday

Upcoming Appointments: NT and blood test November 2

How are you feeling?: okay, been having intrusive graphic visions about something happening to the baby but my friend I saw this weekend said she had the same thing, so it must be fairly common. Wish it would stop though! And it’s causing nightmares! 

Rants/Raves: See above, last night my nightmare was about our old dog that we had to put down last year and I woke up so sad. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Pool or Beach? Beach all the way! I love swimming in waves, body surfing, listening to the ocean while I’m reading a book. 
  • Options
    itsagalsworls1024 that is enraging. People love an excuse to not be held accountable!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 17 / 9+1

Upcoming Appointments: midwife Nov 3

How are you feeling?: I'm doing ok! Still get overwhelmed with nausea when I don't eat but a steady intake of all the carbs has me managing alright. I have been having some trouble sleeping (staying awake after my 3am trip to pee) but I think that was also partly due to stress of trying to get my son off the paci (we caved, I'm happy about it, we'll try again later).

Rants/Raves: I was supposed to direct a Christmas show next month and the productionanager quit with two weeks notice so now it's cancelled. I'm pretty pissed since not only was that going to employ 7 people, it was also a nice paycheck and the amount of weeks of work I needed to qualify for health benefits off contract next year. 

Questions: natm

GTKY: Pool or Beach - beach all the way! I live on an island so the ocean is never far.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 20/8 weeks + 5 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4thTM

Upcoming Appointments:October 19th will be my first appt.

How are you feeling?: started the week with horrible allergies that made my gag reflex so bad! I’ve been a little less tired today, but we’re expecting more rainy weather which is always hard on me.

Rants/Raves: two of my closer friends are moving away in the next month or 2 and with my emotions all over that place, I’m really struggling. On a more positive note, my in-laws who have been away for 6 months come back on Monday!

Questions: none

GTKY: Pool or Beach I love the ocean, so if I’m in Florida, then the beach, but anywhere else, I’m choosing pool.
  • Options
    @Bababatty excellent news on the daycare front!!! Happy dances all around I'm sure. 💃
  • Options
    @Bababatty that’s great! I’m happy she has healed enough to return to daycare- I’m sure everyone, including her, is ready to go back to normal! 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams @b_1029 Thank you! She was so excited to go back that she didn't even cry when DH dropped her off on Tuesday (I really expected her to be upset, but clearly she was ready to bust out of the apartment)--I asked him if he was sure he dropped off the right toddler.  :D
  • Options
    @Bababatty congrats on DD returning to school! Such a relief for you and I’m sure she is thrilled as well.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11 weeks 5 days, EDD May 1st 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments: 12 week ultrasound appointment next week where we’ll get some more accurate dating and hopefully a first real heartbeat/picture. 

How are you feeling?: Physically I’ve been constantly nauseous for 5 weeks and it seems to finally be lessening. I’m hopeful I’ll feel good enough to start exercising again very soon. Emotionally I’m nervous but excited for this appointment. I really want the security of seeing a picture and hearing a heartbeat. 

Rants/Raves: I’ve been reading a ton and have found some fun new urban fantasy authors that I’m excited to get from my library. 

Oo this is hard!! I think pool for swimming and ocean for visiting. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/23, 8w4d

Upcoming Appointments: 2 weeks for labs and doppler. We’ll be doing the Qnatal lab to check for chromosomal abnormalities and find out gender.

How are you feeling?: Nauseous, tired, and anxious. I feel pretty good in the morning and it gets worse through the day.

Rants/Raves: Rave: I mentioned cramping to my OB-GYN at work and she did a quick bedside ultrasound for me!! 

Questions: None right now 

GTKY: Pool or Beach: Pool for swimming, beach to visit. I actually love the beach but hate the sand haha. Also, kids make the beach hard for me