March 2022 Moms

FFFC 10/8

Put you flame free (ish) Friday confessions here! 

Re: FFFC 10/8

• This morning I didn't have time to make coffee before work. So I decided to stop at McDonald's and get breakfast AND coffee.
    After driving away, I discovered I somehow ordered the wrong breakfast sandwich.

I burst into tears and sat in the parking lot crying. 
    Over a breakfast sandwich... 😅
  • @goldfishcraker no judgement here! I get it. I got seriously pissed because DH brought home salads for dinner last night instead of hamburgers like I was expecting 😳. To be fair to him, I didn't make it clear that I wanted a hamburger. I just wanted him to read my mind. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kgg2241
    I feel you! I think so many things would be sommcuh easier if our poor husband's could just read our minds when we wanted them to 😅
    Mine has apparently learned to never eat leftovers without asking me. I didn't even realize that's why he was asking, till I got annoyed the other night and asked him why he keeps asking permission to eat 😂😂😂
  • I have 2 staff members leaving my team. One is a huge PITA and the other is amazing. I am really struggling to keep my messaging consistent with them and not throw a party for one getting out of my hair and begging the other to stay. 
  • My son is home sick from daycare today. My husband took him for one hour this morning while I got some stuff done, but for the rest of the day I’m home with him while my H is at work. That makes sense because I was off today anyway (I left my old job last week and don’t start my new one until next week). I know this is probably the fairer way to handle it but I’m still feeling resentful toward my husband that I lost my day off and he didn’t offer to cancel his meetings. 
  • @goldfishcraker @kgg2241 I 100% understand that. All of that is completely the kind of thing I would do right now. It feels like the end of the world these days when I can’t have the specific foods I’m craving
  • @goldfishcraker
    Haha. I wish my DH was so considerate lol He is finishing off my favorite snacks/ cravings all the time. I’ve learned I have to be up front and tell him something is MINE, and even then. Lol

Also my DH has ADHD and is an active sleeper so he wakes me up some nights by hitting and kicking me at night and screaming out random words and sentences in his sleep. 
    He has yelled anything from “Pots!!!” to “Where’s my dogs? Get my gun.” (He owns neither dogs nor guns).
    When I wasn’t pregnant I’d just deal the best I could, but now especially if I’m having a rough night I’ve kicked him out of bed and told him to sleep in the spare room/will be new baby’s room. I don’t mean to be nasty, but when I’ve already been struggling with insomnia I just want to cuddle my pregnancy pillow without getting elbowed in the back.
  • @faithmovesmountains I have also kicked my DH to the guest room. It’s been almost a month already 😬 I’ve been having a hard time initially getting to sleep and going back to sleep after the nighttime bathroom trips, so I also don’t need the extra interruptions when he comes to bed later than me or is getting ready for work. Plus that leaves lots of room on his side of the bed for my favorite snacks to be always in reach 🤣
  • @faithmovesmountains haha oh man! I just accidentally laughed out loud at the "my husband has neither guns nor dogs"😂 and startled my sleeping husband!😂

Mine also has ADHD! Though he's not as entertaining at night. He has had night terrors, and bolts up SCREAMING, but luckily that hasn't happened since DS was born. He's had a couple MOTN random convos, but none stick out as amusing as yours!😂