February 2022 Moms

Weekly randoms 10.4

Re: Weekly randoms 10.4

• My niece had HFM last week and it seemed like we escaped any spread, but Samson woke up with some red bumps on his hands today. We kept him home but he's acting 100% normal and was really sad to not go to daycare. I really hope the doctor tells us they're just mosquito bites or something at his appointment this afternoon because my husband and I are both sooooo busy at work this week and really can't deal with him being home for longer than just today.
  • @kaf1788 Oh no! We just got over HFM! We were told that unless they have a fever or open blisters, they can be back at school/daycare, even with the red bumps (though online it also said they can shed the virus for weeks after...??? No kidding it spreads like wildfire). I hope that's not what your son has, though!
  • Loading the player...
  • @ninrms Dr. confirmed it's HFM - she said it's either the veeeery start or he just has an extremely mild case. We have to monitor for another 24 hours and if nothing changes he can go back to daycare on Wednesday. I'm glad he's not feeling bad but these sicknesses where they're not actually that sick are the worst for trying to get work done- he still has SO much energy and just wants us to play with him all day. 
  • @kaf1788 Oh no! Hopefully it is a really mild case and he can go back soon! The timing of these things!
  • @kaf1788 sorry to hear you are dealing with that! Fingers crossed it's just a mild case and you can get him back there soon. We just had an email from our Elementary school about HFM, makes me nervous since it spreads so quickly but something we'll watch at home with DD1.

• Just read this article about a pregnant mother in Idaho who got COVID. Scary stuff! Glad they both made it!

• @kaf1788 - oh no! HFM is the worst. I've had it twice and Parker has (apparently there's two strands you can get). I hope it runs its course quick - it's not fun at all to get. 

Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• We had HFM a week ago. It was not fun. Brielle had it pretty bad. Draken only got the throat version luckily. 
  • @lexilougolden ohmygoodness that’s so sweet and funny
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @photographerwife I am guilty of that at times too. Everything is just so freaking cute. I’m the one who buys the larger sized baby clothes, so they’d get a set, and the boys would get a set lol. 
  • @makingbacon haha I’m glad I’m not the only one! I bought a few things for her so I only felt a little guilty! Thank god someone buys bigger clothes! I had so much newborn stuff that didn’t get used with my son because he just grew so fast. 
  • @photographerwife We ended up with so many newborn clothes and 0-3 month stuff we couldn’t use for DS1 because everyone bought it for the wrong season. Everything we got was summer stuff because he was born in mid-August, but we cool off towards the middle/end of September. 
  • The only way I would do a baby shower is for it to be outside. We've had phenomenal fall weather so I thought it would work on Saturday. 70% chance rain! Eeeek. We'll all huddle under my carport. Lol. Brings new meaning to baby "shower". lol. It's been really exciting to get gifts in the mail though! Makes it feel more real!
  • How does everyone choose outfits for Christmas card pictures? I just started the process of brainstorming, and I’m already over it lol. DH said he’ll only do Christmas pj’s one time (we’ll see), so I’m trying to save that for next year when the family is 100% complete. 
  • chgilmorechgilmore member
    edited October 2021
    @makingbacon I usually don't do anything special, just something vaguely holiday/seasonal that kinda coordinate. this year I splurged on a red velvet maternity dress since I'll get multiple uses out of it (maternity photos, christmas card, and baby shower), I'll probably make MH wear a green sweater. ETA: then the dog wears her ugly christmas sweater and the cat has his green/red/white bowtie
  • @makingbacon we don’t really do Christmas themed pictures per se,  but usually do family photos in the fall that end up on our Christmas cards. I usually pick my own outfit first -just anything that’s cute and flattering. Then I pick the boys’ outfits based on what colors I’m wearing. My husband is always jeans and some kind of coordinating button up. Still figuring out my 2y/o’s outfit for this year. 
  • @makingbacon We did matching Christmas PJ's from Hanna Andersson last year. They were cute! To be honest, I haven't thought for one second about Christmas cards this year. lol.
  • @makingbacon we do exactly what @kaf1788 does. Our family pics are always in the fall and I choose one of those images for our Christmas cards. Last year we surprised the kids with a paint war for family pics, so that was fun, but usually I just pick something for myself and then buy coordinating/complementary stuff for everyone else. These are our outfits for this year, except my daughter will have a burgundy top under the yellow cardigan. 

• We always do a mini session for Christmas pictures with a local photographer. I love mini sessions probably way more than I should, but they’re 15 minutes + 1 outfit, and we’re done lol. 

@lexilougolden I am so excited to do Christmas pj’s next year...and will probably make DH and family do them every year after that lol. 

@modoodles A paint war sounds really fun. Also, I love those colors together. 

@kaf1788 We do have a handful of pictures from DS1’s birthday pictures that would work for the card if I can’t get my life together. We usually do coordinating outfit colors with the Christmas background. DS1 loves holidays so much. There was a Christmas tree in the background last year, and he was giving the photographer directions on how to take his picture in front of it while we changed DS2 into his outfit.
  • Because it really was SO much fun- I'll AW the end result of paint war pics 😂

• @modoodles That looks like so much fun. It’s being added to my list once the boys get older. 
  • @modoodles well that looks like fun 

we did Christmas jammies one year. 

Usually I just get pictures of the kids and put that on our card. We do family pictures once ever 2-3 years. 

We got pictures last fall and will have maternity photos and family photos once baby is here so we will not be doing family Xmas pictures this year. Just the kids. 
  • @modoodles - that looks awesome. 

We did Christmas pics two years ago hoping to add a baby announcement to it since id started doing IUIs that summer. That’s the last time we did it. We have so many with just the 3 of us now I’m holding off this year. 

It’s Thanksgiving weekend here. My youngest sister gets induced tomorrow so we’re doing Dinner tonight. My other sister is up with her boys who are same age range as Parker so we’re going to do a hike and find a park. Love living in Niagara for all the nice scenery. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!