EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Who is your longest standing celebrity crush?

Re: Weekly Check-In 10/4

• Loading the player...
  • @Panaceia I volunteer to come smack your brother around

@morgantu yay for a great heartbeat and no more pelvic rest!

@goldfishcraker these sizes never make sense to me!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 18w4d

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: his big toe is the size of a peppercorn 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue 

Upcoming Appointments: AS 10/14

How are you feeling?: can’t complain

Rants/Raves: oh I’ve got a rant today - I work as an independent consultant. I HATE one of my clients, absolute bitch so condescending but I just smile and bear it. Was planning on dumping her when I have this baby. Well she just fired me today! I’ve never been fired in my life! Even before she did it she was like what’s outstanding I know you never did xyz, I told her I did xyz a week ago and emailed you when it was completed - this is just everyday with her. It’s a blessing but man I’m pissed I didn’t get to be the dumper and worried how this will look to the company who contracts me out 😑

Questions: natm

GTKY: Who is your longest standing celebrity crush? AJ McLean from BSB I will always love him 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Panaceia sorry you still feeling so terrible. I also lol’d at the dill pickle thing. Sometimes the size equivalents are a total stretch.
    @morgantu glad you had a great appt!
    @goldfishcraker Spectra S1 (blue one) was a lifesaver for me. Built in light and timer, very customizable in terms of suction level and speed, and a rechargeable battery inside so I could walk around the house with it. I exclusively pumped for 4 months in the beginning and then pumped 3 times a day at work and usually in the car daily too. Loved that thing.

EDD / Weeks + Days: 17+3, March 10th

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: as tall as a hershey’s bar, and now I want chocolate.

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink 💕

Upcoming Appointments: AS on the 18th, OB the 20th

How are you feeling?: physically much better, have definitely popped a little more this week, started telling coworkers and friends, and doing my best to eat a ton of vegetables as I completely ignored them out of necessity the first 4 months lol.

Rants/Raves:  Baby girl was somersaulting all day long yesterday after 3 days in a row of feeling almost nothing. She was so active that DH was able to feel her kicking around. Seems like it’s a lot sooner than last time. Very grateful for the little reminders that she is in there and okay.

Questions: WWYD? Family is already asking about a registry. Our last baby was born almost 4 years ago and we have moved/downsized 3 times since then. Most of our baby stuff I sold as I wasn’t even sure we would have another baby. I’m decisively much pickier this time around as I know exactly what we will and won’t use. I have already bought a car seat, diaper bag, bouncer, and am negotiating on a used Bugaboo stroller. Would you make a registry for smaller baby items so people will hopefully buy you things you actually want? Or just let them get you what they want and return/exchange if you won’t use it? I know baby showers/registries are often side-eyed with subsequent kids but I feel like our situation is a little unique.

GTKY: Who is your longest standing celebrity crush? Adam Levine and Amanda Seyfried all day long
  • @night_nurse I'd do a registry still. Then you can share it if people ask. You can always return stuff, plus then you will get the discount. I will probably do one to keep track of what we need. 

@gembud ugh I'm sorry! I wish you would have got the satisfaction of firing her. Glad she is out of your hair though.

@goldfishcraker I used the Specta 2 (I think.. whatever one is chargeable). I loved it! One thing that helped was following some resources on Instagram (Legendairy Milk was one) to learn the right settings. I figured out after a few weeks that I was totally doing it wrong and needed to start at a different setting and then switch once milk started going.

@morgantu woohoo! Have fun getting back on your Peleton...and other things lol. 

@Panaceia hugs hugs hugs for still feeling sick and stupid brothers. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 18+4, 3/3
    Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Baby girl has half the amount of eggs she will be born with.
    Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink! 
    Upcoming Appointments: OB on Friday and anatomy scan next Monday
    How are you feeling?: Good! Much better all around.
    Rants/Raves: I had to sleep on the couch last night because DH snores so freaking loud. I am getting so sick of it. The plus is that I felt the baby do a big roll so that was cool and exciting. 
    Questions: nope 
    GTKY: Who is your longest standing celebrity crush? Hmmm I'm not recalling any from my childhood, but Cillian Murphy has been near the top for a while now. 
  • @nightnurse 100% do the registry, I already made two that probably won’t be shared for discounts and free gifts - worth it for that alone.

@kgg2241 oh wow that’s a super interesting fact! So cool to think you’re carrying the egg of
    your future grandchild
  • @kgg2241 and @gembud so true! Didnt think about the welcome boxes and discounts. Which places have the best perks? I know target gives you a coupon to use on a big item. What other ones do i need to do?
  • @Panaceia I'm sorry to hear you're still so sick  :(

@goldfishcraker I went deep into the breast pump rabbit hole last time. My son and I had a lot of breastfeeding difficulties, for a while I was exclusively pumping, and I ended up with a LOT of breast pumps. (I had the spectra, the buddha baby, the bellababy, and the willow. It was out of control.) I was also in a lot of large EP groups, so I got to hear a lot about what people liked and hated. As far as I can tell, the Spectra and the Baby Buddha are what work best for most people. The Willow can be great but has a LOT of drawbacks, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. And the bellababy is an amazing budget pump (the parts that come with it suck, but it doesn't matter because it's spectra compatible, so most people just substitute spectra parts). The bellababy was my personal favorite actually, I liked it better than all the others.

EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/25, 15 + 3

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Avocado

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Not until 10/20

How are you feeling?: Good!

Rants/Raves: I'm loving getting to work out again.

Questions: nope!

GTKY: Who is your longest standing celebrity crush? I know this is a weird one, but Patrick Stewart. As a kid, I loved that he played a starship captain. Later on, I loved that he is an amazing Shakespearean theater actor. And the advocacy work he's done, especially for women's rights and spousal abuse awareness, is amazing. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 7th/ 18 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: cucumber

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: AS and OB March 20th

How are you feeling?: Better, but still have a lot of fatigue and random migraines

Rants/Raves: Rant- having issues with my MIL. She is well intentioned, but has no boundaries. Constantly stating her opinion on how we parent DHs son and not respecting small decisions we make (like we say no to dessert, then she goes and gets him dessert). It makes me really want to control the time she will have with the baby.  She wants to watch him 2+ days/ week and will be offended if I’m not comfortable with it. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Who is your longest standing celebrity crush? Dwayne Johnson
  • Thanks ladies!
    I was checking out "best of" recommendations for pumps online, and the resounding consensus seems to be spectra. But they aren't available here. Of course. 🤦

@nightnurse I would happily make a registry if people were asking for one. Makes things easier. I personally love to get people things they actually want and need! Even being able to specify the types of diapers and wipes you use is handy. I have boxes of pampers that were gifted to us, that stores wont exchange (apparently they used to, pre-COVID). But totally nothing wrong with making it when people are asking! (Heck, I'm making one, for ourselves for the discount haha. We never got a shower for 1st baby, so I doubt we will get one for #2)
  • @nightnurse I like amazon’s gift box a lot, I already got mine this pregnancy and both times it was shockingly full
  • @Panaceia ugh, so sorry you are still feeling sick!
    @morgantu exciting news all around!
    @goldfishcraker I also used the Spectra S1 and the S9 (the portable one). I kept the S1 at work, and used the S9 at home and for travel. Both worked really well!
    @kgg2241 Move DH to the couch lol!
    @Sarah0335 I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL and her lack of boundaries. Have you talked to her? My MIL can be the same since she compares our son with her other grandkids. Apparently, our nieces are better eaters and sleepers, and we should follow what my SIL+BIL do. It's so annoying. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: March 16th, 16+6

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: A taco?!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Blue for both!

Upcoming Appointments: OB 10/20, AS 10/29

How are you feeling?: Much better with the nausea, but still so so tired.

Rants/Raves: We booked a short babymoon near Shenandoah Park in VA for early December! With an anterior placenta, I hate not feeling babies yet. I have a few more weeks, so cannot wait to feel some movement!

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Who is your longest standing celebrity crush? I've also had a big crush on Matthew Mcconaughey! Another I have is Ryan Gosling. He's just so dreamy to me. I loved him in that Crazy, Stupid, Love movie!
  • @Panaceia so sorry to hear you are still sick. Thinking of you and hoping you have some better nights very soon!

@goldfishcraker I had a spectra S1 and an Elvie with DD1 and I LOVED the Elvie SO much! I was way more comfortable using it because I felt I could maintain better posture and stay relaxed while it was on and I also responded to it way better. I liked that I could adjust each side independently too. 

@gembud what a bummer about your PITA client!! 😑

@jennifer_m21 hooray for a baby moon! 

EDD / Weeks + Days: April 6  / 13+6

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: 🍋 I think?

FTM/STM/TTM+:  STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Girl

Upcoming Appointments: Midwife check in later this month 

How are you feeling?: Possibly starting to feel a little better!

Rants/Raves: Rave - cheese and crackers and apples with peanut butter are soooo delicious right now. 

Questions: None this week!

GTKY: Who is your longest standing celebrity crush? Hmmmm…. I would probably have to say Justin Timberlake, though that has faded somewhat in the last 5 years. 
  • @jennifer_m21 yay babymoon! We’re going to take a short trip in Jan, I think, maybe even just a staycation at a swanky hotel. Those trips are important! 

EDD / Weeks + Days: Mar 14/17w1

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Pomegranate (seems huge)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: PINK

Upcoming Appointments: 10/6 for Covid booster, 10/25 for AS and OB appt

How are you feeling?: good! I did my first peloton ride in a million years yesterday. 

Rants/Raves: I have a project at work that is driving me insane. I’ve had to whip out the “don’t eff with me” voice a few times today. 

Questions: natm

GTKY: Who is your longest standing celebrity crush? Probably David Bowie in the Labyrinth. I still like a man in tight pants. 😂

• @rachelredhead i did a ride yesterday too.. oophf. That was humbling to say the least. Hope yours was good. 
  • So…I basically dropped off of social media for a couple months after joining this BMB. I was so sick all day and I just felt like it was best for me to drop off and take care of myself. But I’m back! Still sick, but so much better than I was. 

Speaking of being sick, @Panaceia I’m sorry you’re still sick. I really hope you start feeling better soon! 

@goldfishcraker I used the spectra with my first and will definitely use it again with my second! 

@night_nurse we also got rid of so much stuff bc for a long time we thought we were one and done. I’m definitely doing a registry mostly for myself but I’ll share it with anyone who wants it. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 16 weeks tomorrow 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: no clue! I kept up so much with my first but with this one I never check!! 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue! Found out last week we’re expecting a boy! 

Upcoming Appointments: Oct 28 for AS 

How are you feeling?: blah. Still taking a whole host of nausea/vomiting meds and it is keeping the throwing up away now, but the nausea is still there. 

Rants/Raves: just hoping to feel better in the next few weeks! 

Questions: I don’t have any right now…bit I know I’ll think of one right after I post this 😂

GTKY: Who is your longest standing celebrity crush? I don’t really have a long standing celeb crush. I feel like my preferences change a lot 😂 
  • @Panaceia Sorry about your brother being a jerk. :(

@night_nurse
    I always do registries for the freebies too. People asked about mine with DS, but I think only 1 or 2 people bought anything off of it apart from DH and I. My mom still occasionally lives in the days she was pregnant with me and was appalled at the time I picked such expensive stuff. lol I actually had stuff that was cheap/ the going rate, but it’s not like I can tell Target or Amazon to change their prices. :wink:

EDD / Weeks + Days: 18 weeks, due March 9.

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Artichoke or sweet potato according to the daily fact, I feel like those aren’t the same size, but okay.

FTM/STM/TTM+: Complicated.

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow for cervical length scan at MFM, 10/13 for regular OB, 10/19 Growth Scan and cervical length check at MFM

How are you feeling?: Physically, tired. Insomnia. Emotionally, still been kind of a mess. I cry almost every day and feel like a bad mom for doing it in front of DS (who is 16 months).

Rants/Raves: None really, just hoping tomorrow goes well.

Questions: Not really related to this per se, but does anyone remember a section of the app homepage where you could ask and answer quick questions? I remember it from my last pregnancy, but then it vanished and I could never find out why.

GTKY: Who is your longest standing celebrity crush?
    Johnny Depp, specifically as Jack Sparrow.
  • @morgantu if you did an actual class you’ve got me beat. I just did a scenic ride with the volume on mute and listened to my book. Figured it was better than nothing!