May 2022 Moms

PGAL check in 9/30

How far along are you? Any milestones passed?

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: last week we talked about food/drink we missed...what about other things you miss and can't do while you're pregnant?? 

Re: PGAL check in 9/30

• How far along are you? Any milestones passed? 7+3. I miscarried at 7+1 last time, so it was a big relief to see everything was good at 7+1 this time! 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Less anxious than last week, but it's still there. Starting to feel a bit more nauseous now, but still not as bad as with DD.

Any upcoming appointments? 11 wk appointment in 4 weeks.

GTKY: last week we talked about food/drink we missed...what about other things you miss and can't do while you're pregnant?? I miss my hot baths. 😭 Limiting water temps just makes for a mildly enjoyable first 10 minutes, but then it just gets cold and miserable. I normally have water hotter than a hot tub, so even though I know it cools down pretty quick I'm not comfortable with that risk. 
  • @pajamstagrams I'm going to our family beach house in a couple of weeks and it has an amazing bathtub that I am very sad to be missing out on during my visit. 

How far along are you? Any milestones passed? 9w1d (loss was at 5w6d last time) I can't believe how much time has passed already! 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? My gagginess and food aversions have picked up this week, which actually makes me feel good anxiety-wise, but makes it harder to sit through meetings at work.

Any upcoming appointments? I had my first prenatal yesterday and even though my midwife warned me it was hard to hear the heartbeat this early on the doppler I still had her try and of course, we couldn't hear anything. Surprisingly I didn't freak out as much as I thought I would, but we're going back in 2 weeks to try again because she could tell I was a tiny bit on edge. She did say my uterus felt like a 9-week uterus, which is what I think helped me feel calmer and she just generally has a very reassuring presence.

GTKY: last week we talked about food/drink we missed...what about other things you miss and can't do while you're pregnant?? We have a big fair in my area every year that we didn't go to this year because I couldn't imagine being around all that food/smells without getting sick. It's normally one of my favorite things to do to kick-off fall, but sadly we had to skip out this year. We both got really excited though thinking about how we'll get to go with the baby next year! 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? Any milestones passed? 8+6… after this week I will be past 3 loss milestones! *Fx*

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?  Very few symptoms. I’ve been so nervous about it that it’s been hard for me to be around. I’ll try to do better now. 

Any upcoming appointments? I had a follow up ultrasound and my first OB visit this morning. My SCH decreased in size by half!! So there’s no need for further monitoring there unless I start to bleed. I haven’t so far. My OB was reassuring about everything and we had a nervous chuckle about my last labor being 3hr 5 minutes… from the time of water breaking to delivery. 

GTKY: last week we talked about food/drink we missed...what about other things you miss and can't do while you're pregnant?? I skipped out last week so I will mention that I dearly miss Subway sandwiches. No activities that I will be missing out on.  
  • @happynapper I am so glad you SCH reduced! They can be so stressful.  

@pajamstagrams hooray for passing a mimestone!

@karisahamdi I am glad you got some reassurance. 

How far along are you? Any milestones passed?

8 weeks.  That's past a milestone for my first loss but not my second  

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

Had some blood last night. Turned out to be a small cut, not vaginal, but it scared me!  Today my OB's nurse offered to move up my appointment to next week. That really made me happy. I have to rearrange my work schedule but it is worth it. I am really scared but hoping for a heartbeat. My last loss was a missed miscarriage and ultrasound pictures still get me a little. It was mid-COVID and I had to do all those ultrasounds alone. I am really glad my husband can be there this time. 

Any upcoming appointments? Tuesday 🤞

GTKY: last week we talked about food/drink we missed...what about other things you miss and can't do while you're pregnant?? 

There isn't much I can't do right now. Move heavy furniture? My older son has been asking about Disney Land and I did think how long it will be until we can go as a family and actually ride the rides, but that's ok, it's probably not going anywhere.  
  • How far along are you? Any milestones passed? 8wks according to Flo, passed my milestone for my CP last cycle but my other loss back in 2018 was a MMC and I didn't find out until the 12wk ultrasound.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I had good blood draws last week, and I'm still feeling symptoms (fatigue, nausea, heartburn, headaches) so I'm trying to just stay relaxed. It feels harder to do that this week for whatever reason.

Any upcoming appointments? First midwife appt on the 6th and hopefully an earlier ultrasound before that (one currently scheduled for Oct 22)

GTKY: last week we talked about food/drink we missed...what about other things you miss and can't do while you're pregnant?? Also baths - I got used to having a thermometer by the tub so I could make sure the temp was good with my last pregnancy, but I've been too tired to bother and the sound of a tepid bath is just not super appealing.

@gadz@gadzooks_3 I feel you on the pain of a MMC

@happynapper that's great about your SCH, and holy that's a fast labor. 

@karisahamdi time feels so different right now, it's wild. Fast and slow!

@pajamstagrams yes passing milestones! 
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited October 2021
    @gadzooks_3 I can't imagine having to find out about a miscarriage alone ❤️. Even though mine wasn't a MMC, and I *knew* I was miscarrying at the time, I'm glad DH was able to be in the ER with me when they confirmed I had already miscarried. 

@happynapper 😳 3 hr labor? That's how long I pushed! 😂 

@karisahamdi my anxiety is inversely proportional to how sh*tty I feel, so I get it! I try to tell myself that every pregnancy is different, but then when you have that one pregnancy where you felt *nothing* and then miscarried, it's really hard to dissociate the two. 

@jandawg my bath thermometer was the ducky thermometer from DD's baby registry. I bought it early for myself to use while PG and it never made it her to bathtub 😂 when not pregnant, I take 1.5-2 hr steamy hot baths while DD naps, so yeah, the thought of sitting in tepid water for an hour or less is depressing. I have found that if I do one right before bed, I only have time for a 45 min bath tops, so it doesn't get *too* cold. 

*Edit to fix my math terminology🤓
  • @pajamstagrams yep 3 hours from the time I rolled over in bed and felt my water break, to when she was born  :# 
    My first labor was a lot more typical, about 10 hours total, 3 hours pushing. 
    I live out of town, so it’s 30 minutes purely of driving to get to the hospital, plus whatever time I need to do to round up the girls and get them somewhere, so *nervous laugh* if this labor goes any faster it might be tight 
  • How far along are you? Any milestones passed? I am 8+5 and passed the 8week milestone of my first loss and confirmed that there is a baby growing with a heartbeat on Tuesday so mentally I passed my second milestone where at a 9 week appointment there was nothing there.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I am feeling pretty good, just minimally nauseous and wondering how long I can keep PGAL brain at bay.

Any upcoming appointments? My 12 week is Oct. 26th

GTKY: What about other things you miss and can't do while you're pregnant?? I will be missing winter sports coming up next season.
  • @happynapper that's great news about your SCH!!

@gadzooks_3 I'm so happy I don't have to lift heavy furniture! We're moving this month or next and I am very happy to be sitting out from the loading and unloading of everything lol 

@jandawg I felt very anxious during week 8 too for some reason, but once I was able to get to the first pre-natal at week 9 I felt so much better just by having someone to talk to in person and of course, check things out. Hopefully, you get the same relief at your appt on the 6th!

@skydiverchick92 yay for passing a milestone this week!