May 2022 Moms

PGAL Check-in 9/23

Kicking this off for the week! 

How far along are you?

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: What food or drink are you missing most while pregnant?

Re: PGAL Check-in 9/23

• kham130kham130 member
    edited September 2021
    How far along are you? 8w1d 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I've been feeling much better this week. My spotting has stopped and my symptoms were pretty strong for the past week. My nausea has been less bothersome yesterday and today, which of course makes me anxious, but other symptoms like heartburn and sore boobs are very present.  

Any upcoming appointments? Really looking forward to our initial visit on 9/29. I'm hoping they'll use the doppler and I'll be able to ask for a 12 week US.  

GTKY: What food or drink are you missing most while pregnant? Pumpkin Beers with a cinnamon sugar rim 😋

*edited to fix doodler to doppler 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • How far along are you? 7 weeks according to Flo (could be more like 6 and a bit)

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Still fatigued and low grade nausea that's worst in the morning and afternoons. Sore boobs. Have to pee all the time. Mild cramping (maybe also RLP?). 

Any upcoming appointments? Got my inital bloodwork done yesterday, HCG is at 24493 which seems in range so I feel good about that. I'll do another draw on Saturday. My iron is at 93 which is great (it got down to 6 in my last pregnancy)

GTKY: What food or drink are you missing most while pregnant? All the soft cheeses and so many herbal teas. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? ~6.5 weeks

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Anxious, as usual. Nausea is ramping up slowly so that's kinda comforting, but then I look back and remember how much worse it was at this time with DD and panic.😩 But it's way worse than with my MC so I guess that's good.

Any upcoming appointments? Tuesday!  very nervous 😖

GTKY: What food or drink are you missing most while pregnant? Hmmm don't really have many strong food aversions yet, and coffee still somehow is good... I'd say maybe wine? Not really craving it now because I'm nauseous all day, but I love having it to cozy up on the couch with a book, and ginger tea isn't quite the same lol. So I guess I just miss that whole experience. 

@jandawg I'm definitely not avoiding all the cheeses I probably should 🙈... although I'm not a huge soft cheese fan anyway, but I'd definitely eat a raw, hard cheese that's been aged. 

@karisahamdi what's a "doodler"? Did you mean Doppler?? Glad to hear your spotting has stopped!
  • @pajamstagrams omg yes I meant doppler lol totally agree on missing the experience of cozying up with a glass of wine. 

@jandawg great numbers!! I cried during our first appointment because I was so nervous. Thankfully our US tech was understanding lol 
  • @karisahamdi 😂 I figured. Just a heads up, they didn't find a heartbeat with a Doppler for DD at 12 weeks (so we did actually have to have an unexpected US lol), so they might not find one for you next week. My OB said sometimes it's just too early, even if "most" times you can hear by 12 weeks. 
  • @pajamstagrams thank you for the heads up!! I'm wondering if they'll even offer it since it'll only be 9w and they know how anxious I get. We'll see next week! 
  • @karisahamdi if you haven't had an US yet, they will probably do it at your next visit for dating purposes, and you probably won't get another US until the anatomy scan. Although my OBs office has one room with the US machine, and I seemed to get placed in that room often lol, so I don't actually know what's "normal". (might have been on purpose because I was high risk early on with DD, I had A LOT of early US). 
  • How far along are you? 7w2d (passed milestone!)

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Nausea has been killer. Gets right to the point of needing to actually throw up and then just sits there with no relief. Going to try seabands and my boss suggested saltines with peanut butter. Willing to try anything at this point. Emotionally I think I’m ok. Frustrated with people at work but that’s not really anything new XD

Any upcoming appointments? Graduation appointment from the fertility clinic is scheduled for Oct 5. Then I’m released to the “regular” OB. Feels like forever away!

GTKY: What food or drink are you missing most while pregnant? Not really missing anything but I’ve been severely craving banana ice cream. The stuff you can only find homemade from carnival stands. I can’t stop thinking about it!!
  • @pajamstagrams I did have one at 6w since I was spotting and I believe they counted that as my dating US. I'm hoping at my first official visit next week I'm able to get more information, but from my conversations with the nurse, it sounds typical of what you laid out. I may ask for one at the 12w mark because I have no clue how my anxious self can wait 10 more weeks lol 

@kma21514 yay for passing previous loss milestones!! 
  • @karisahamdi oh I totally get it! Well maybe it will work out at your 12 wk appointment that they need to use the US machine because the Doppler isn't working for you yet 😉 not that I wish that experience on you because it was *terrifying* but somehow and US is more comforting than a Doppler. 

@kma21514 I'm a big fan of sea bands, if you can hide them under a long sleeved shirt since I don't want to out myself at work yet😂 speaking of...time for me to put mine on as my afternoon nausea ramps up...
  • How far along are you? 6w

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? So far pretty good. I was trying to hold out for an 8w dating US,  it I moved it up to this Friday when I’ll be 6+5. I’m so nervous there won’t be a heartbeat. I keep having these awful dreams where my OB breaks the news, and it’s not helping my anxiety 

Any upcoming appointments? Friday dating US and appt with OB

GTKY: What food or drink are you missing most while pregnant? Nothing really at the moment. The other day I grilled pork loin for supper and was really missing a beer, but with nausea starting, that doesn’t even sound that good 
  • @kma21514 Yay for graduation coming up!!
  • gadzooks_3gadzooks_3 member
    edited September 2021
    Hi! New to the board.

How far along are you?

7w +3d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?  Symptoms- intermittent nausea and food aversions.  Plus, so tired! 

Emotionally - hard to describe.  I guess I am in a state of suspended anxiety.   *TW* my last loss  I had all the normal symptoms but, blighted ovum, so I don't have a lot of ways to reassure myself. I know I just won't know what's what until I see that ultrasound so I am just sort of maintaining calm and trying to stay in the moment. I just know this is all really and truly outside of my control /*TW*

First appointment the 19th of October unless my OB decides that is too far along and bumps me up. 

GTKY: What food or drink are you missing most while pregnant?  I miss guzzling coffee like it's water, but I am so nauseous most of the time it's a force of will just to eat. 

• How far along are you?

6 weeks 4 days

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

So anxious and scared. This is my first pregnancy and I just feel so overwhelmed and afraid something is going to go wrong. I know it’s out of my control but that doesn’t seem to help at all. I was so excited a few weeks ago and now it’s hard to be excited when I’m so nervous :(

My first appointment is October 6 with a nurse and my first appointment with my OB is Oct 26 unless I can convince them to see me earlier. 

GTKY: What food or drink are you missing most while pregnant? 

Sushi!
  • @ knottie, this thread is for women who are pregnant after loss. Sounds like this is your first pregnancy. Please introduce yourself on the intro thread and hop in on our weekly check in!