May 2022 Moms
Options

Product spotlight: maternity clothes

13»

Re: Product spotlight: maternity clothes

• Options
    @karisahamdi I’ve liked the look of the old navy sets… haven’t bought anything yet but my FB feed is full of maternity clothes ads these days 😂

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug if I also wasn't looking up furniture for our new home I feel like my feed would be the same. Right now it's a mix between maternity clothes and all of the furniture 🤣
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Anyone have suggestions for maternity formal wear?? 🙃🙃 We have a black tie optional wedding coming up, and I'll be 29-30 wks, so...definitely looking very pregnant at that point if I continue to show a month ahead like I have been. 

(Non maternity is likely not an option due to how big I'll likely already be lol)
  • Options
    sph97sph97 member
    edited January 2022
    @pajamstagrams have you checked out Amazon? They have some pretty affordable formal maternity dresses, and some look very *giving* for growing belly’s! I don’t have any experience personally but my SIL bought a few pieces she loved she wore in her 3rd trimester to formal military events with her husband ☺️
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams I’m in a formal wedding at 36 weeks 🤦🏻‍♀️ Azazie has a selection of maternity dresses - they’re technically aimed at bridesmaids, but there’s a bunch on there that just look like formal dresses. They also usually ship and arrive within 2-3 weeks so that’s a plus right now too
  • Options
    PinkBlush has some cute options! I was looking at dresses for my shower and saw they have an evening wear dress section. I also think Asos has some maternity formal wear options as well. 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams I think Rent the Runway also has some maternity. I love using their stuff! & you can see pictures of others who have worn it to see how it looks on other people. 
  • Options
    +1 for Rent the Runway! Last time I was pregnant and went to a Mardi Gras ball I went that route. 

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug @coffeemamaaaaa any tips on how to get RTR to ONLY give you maternity selections? I'm definitely open to it, but every time I've looked and searched and filtered for 3rd trimester maternity, they come in with skin tight or sheath style  normal clothes. Gah! (Not opposed to skin tight...if it's maternity lol)

Thanks for the suggestions all! I'm definitely going to treat myself for this and splurge on hair and makeup too, because after doing them myself for Christmas and having sciatica all day, that's gonna be a bit nope 😜
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams haha I just saw that too! I don’t know how some of those are considered maternity… I am not sure how to filter any further, but I have found looking at the review photos helps most to see if other people have actually worn it while pregnant. 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams I think I searched for “empire waist” or “maternity friendly”  and that was how I found the dress I selected, but I wasn’t that far along so I don’t know if that would really help. 

• Options
    I’m recommending some workout leggings from Gap! I bought them while they were having a sale because why not. Anyway I haven’t done a HIIT workout or anything in them, but I’ve taken the dog for a few long walks and haven’t had to pull them up once! This is huge for me, I feel like all I do is yank workout pants up, maternity or otherwise. The only thing I don’t like is that they’re looser at the bottom than I’m used to on leggings. I can deal with that though.