May 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 9/20

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 9/20

• That’s how i feel this season about FSU football. Love the team but man…
  • @And846 yep- that’s how I feel about all of my teams this weekend. I’m glad I didn’t depress myself watching the FSU game- the kids weren’t having football. Then the Eagles lost yesterday bad bad football weekend.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • DH's fantasy football team didn't do so hot this weekend either 😂

In other news, I shampooed my hair *twice* this morning and it's STILL a great disgusting mess on top 😩 I hate that I get that as a bizarre pregnancy symptom. I feel so unclean! 
  • Does anyone else knit? I bought a book when I was pregnant with DD on "What to Knit When You're Expecting" and it continues to haunt me from my shelf since I made precisely 0 things from it. It's adorable that the author thinks I'm going to be awake long enough in the evenings to work on the more complex things she recommends for first tri when you "have more energy." (She even wrote this book after her own pregnancy so apparently she had a ton more energy than I do.) Anyway, enough rambling: I am determined to actually make things from it this time around. 
  • @bababatty lol more energy in your first tri? Maybe she meant second trimester? 

Is it knitting clothes for you? I have some punch needle projects I want to do this time around. And I don't knit but I learned to sew last year and am looking forward to being able to sew some things for myself. I also happen to like pretty boxy silhouettes anyways so lots of my clothing is adaptable already. 
  • I have so many projects i thought i would do last time that fell by the wayside. Making my DD her own bows and headbands…
  • @jandawg I can only imagine that she had completely put first tri out of her memory. ;-) Yeah, mostly clothes for me--well, really for DD. I don't knit as much as I'd like but I have managed to make her a couple of sweaters and a stuffed lion. I want to learn to sew, too! I have a sewing machine, but still haven't found the time to master it. How did you learn? Did you teach yourself?

@And846 I still have dreams of making DD her own bows, lol. 
  • jandawgjandawg member
    edited September 2021
    @bababatty I did teach myself! But lots of text support from a friend in town who also sews. I got the Closet Core Rome collection and found the instructions really easy to follow, and I have a Seamwork subscription and have done quite a few other indie patterns now as well. 

Edit:words are hard
  • This sounds like we need a craft thread! I haven’t sewn on my machine in forever but i do quite a few projects on my Cricut machine with vinyl and iron-on material. 
  • @Bababatty I love knitting. I’ve made hats for most of my little cousins and the few friends who have had babies. This was my most recent one. 
  • @jandawg I just copied and pasted your comment into a note so I could look up the collection and subscription you mentioned later. I have a good friend who sews but she moved out of the city earlier in the year and before then I couldn't have her over to teach me because Covid. I think once we get through first tri I'll have enough energy to try and teach myself.

@alataweasley OMG that is such a cool hat! You're an inspiration! Do you have any projects coming up?

@And846 I love the idea of a crafty thread. If no one else jumps on it, I'll try to remember to start one next week. :)
  • alataweasleyalataweasley member
    edited September 2021
    @Bababatty Thanks! I’m working on a neat cable/twisted scarf for my nephew at the moment but don’t have any good pictures of it yet. My Pinterest is already full of ideas for me to knit for my own baby between hats, clothes, and baby blankets so I’ll have to figure out what I want to make and get started. 😁