Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Possible miscarriage?

I am 6 weeks pregnant. This is my second pregnancy, and I have a 5 year old son. So, on Monday (5 days ago), I started having some brown spotting followed by 2 days of heavy bleeding, some small clots, and cramps. I called my doctor and had my HCG levels taken on Wednesday. The level was 625. I went for a transvaginal ultrasound today, expecting to not really see anything left and get confirmation of the miscarriage. However, there was a sack, and my doctor said that baby looks how he would expect at this point. Although he could see some more small clots being expelled near my cervix. He didn't seem as concerned as I was, but we had more bloodwork drawn today to see if my HCG level is continuing to rise or not. But I have to wait until tomorrow for the results. 

Is it possible to have some heavy bleeding like I have and the baby still remain okay? Or is this miscarriage just going to drag out for me? Any experience with this, welcome! 

Re: Possible miscarriage?

• Options
    I am 6 weeks pregnant. This is my second pregnancy, and I have a 5 year old son. So, on Monday (5 days ago), I started having some brown spotting followed by 2 days of heavy bleeding, some small clots, and cramps. I called my doctor and had my HCG levels taken on Wednesday. The level was 625. I went for a transvaginal ultrasound today, expecting to not really see anything left and get confirmation of the miscarriage. However, there was a sack, and my doctor said that baby looks how he would expect at this point. Although he could see some more small clots being expelled near my cervix. He didn't seem as concerned as I was, but we had more bloodwork drawn today to see if my HCG level is continuing to rise or not. But I have to wait until tomorrow for the results. 

Is it possible to have some heavy bleeding like I have and the baby still remain okay? Or is this miscarriage just going to drag out for me? Any experience with this, welcome! 
    QFP

Ugh.  This was not really a good place for this post.  1st Tri would've been better.  This board is for those who have (or are currently going through) a MC.  It may have been fine if you'd just asked your question, but you not only show your ultrasound pics that the doctor thought showed a healthy developing baby at this point, but you mention your living child.  Salt in the wound...  

Bleeding and cramping can be perfectly normal during PG, especially in early PG.  That has not been my case (5 MCs, no living children), but others have experienced this with no other complications in their PGs.  If your doctor said your ultrasound looks fine, then all you can do is wait for your next HCG level.  If it doubles in the standard 48 hour period, then your PG is fine as of this point. If not, then that could definitely indicate a problem.  
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.