March 2022 Moms
Options

Hump Day Bump Day 9/15

Guys I know it’s still early, but I need some reassurance I’m not the only one already popping 🤭

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hump Day Bump Day 9/15

• Options
    @gembud I'm only 13+2 but look pretty much the same as you...I'll try to take a pic tomorrow (since I have to get dressed for a blood appointment...no one wants to see me in my pj's...)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gembud I feel like it is so hard for me to get a good picture, but I feel so much bigger this time than last time. This pic is from a few days ago. Excuse the dirty mirror. 

15 weeks 

• Options
    No picture yet. I can tell I'm popping, but I had some extra fluff in the belly before being pregnant, so it just looks like more fluff, not bump. Maybe soon! I lo e seeing all the pictures, though!
  • Options
    @luckyduck42 same... I just look chubbier than I was 8 weeks ago but not really pregnant
    with my first, I swear I didn't show at all until I was like 26 weeks... I think my second was sometime around 16 or 18.  I outgrew my pants at like 8 weeks this time
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @jessier19 You look great! I'm the same with body image. I struggle HARD with weight gain (I have an eating disorder that gets very triggered with all the pregnancy weigh-ins). This time I have decided to focus on getting my body back immediately after this little one is born, but I'm trying to stay away from the scale during pregnancy (even my doctor doesn't show me my weight) and just try to focus on after baby gets here. The scale just takes away my enjoyment of being pregnant completely:/
  • Options
    jessier19jessier19 member
    edited September 2021
    @Panaceia I'm sorry to hear that you struggle with this too, but at the same time it's so good to know that I'm not alone in feeling that way. I struggled for years with disordered eating, and somehow it felt like birth and the postpartum period had reset all of that in this really wonderful way. For the past 2.5 years after my son was born I had felt wonderfully free from those feelings, so it's kind of a kick to the gut to be suddenly back in that headspace now that I'm pregnant again.

That sounds very wise of you to stay away from the scale and just wait until after baby gets here. I am going to try my best to follow that advice myself.
  • Options
    @jessier19 @Panaceia i posted about this same thing in the weekly update post- right there with you both. Pregnancy exacerbates a lot of body dysmorphia and unhealthy thoughts for me. It helps for me to recognize it, verbalize it, and talk to someone trusted about it- usually my husband. I’m glad this can be a conversation we have though. Makes it less isolating.