April 2022 Moms
Options

Fit Mom Friday 09/10

Fit Mom Friday is a fun way to help us on our healthy pregnancy goals. Fit is whatever it means to you!

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share):

Week's Successes:

Week's Challenges:

GTKY: What are your favorite types of races/competitions/events to do? 

Re: Fit Mom Friday 09/10

• Options
    Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Stay in good shape during pregnancy, minimize weight gain, be able to bounce back quickly after birth

Week's Successes: I was a little lazy the first half of the week, but I ran 2.5 miles yesterday and 4 miles this morning. Planning on a hike with the family tomorrow!

Week's Challenges: When will the nausea and fatigue end?? 😩 I just want to sit on the couch and do nothing, which does not bring my any closer to my goals. 

GTKY: What are your favorite types of races/competitions/events to do? My favorite are triathlons, although I haven’t competed in several years. My hope is that if I can stay in semi-good shape during pregnancy, I can do some triathlons next summer. In the meantime I am mostly doing virtual 5Ks and 10Ks. 
  • Options
    Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): continue moving my body through this pregnancy and maintain a healthy weight. 

Week's Successes: I exercised twice yay. 

Week's Challenges: my daughter caught a virus after being at daycare for 3 days. Yay again. I took her to the doctor this morning because she hasn't been sleeping well this week and her mood is off. Apparently the virus has caused an ear infection. I typically workout after she goes to bed but her lack of sleep and need to be on me to sleep has put a stop to that. 

GTKY: What are your favorite types of races/competitions/events to do?  I've never done any. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 Sorry to hear about your little! She’s lucky to have such a good mama taking care of her when she’s sick!

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Continue my yoga practice, several days throughout the week to maintain mind/body balance (AKA keep myself sane!) and strengthen the pelvic area enough to avoid SI joint dysfunction (already starting to act up on me, since I previously struggled with this prior to becoming pregnant.)

Week's Successes: 3 consecutive days of prenatal yoga after work, following the paddleboarding we did Monday. Hoping to hike with hubby or fit in some other outdoor workouts this weekend too! 

Week's Challenges: When I get home from work I am POOPED. I literally could just fall asleep for the rest of the night right then and there. But I’ve tried to develop a new routine to set up my yoga mat immediately so I didn’t have a choice and I think it’s helped with motivation!

GTKY: What are your favorite types of races/competitions/events to do? I’m not a very competitive person. I’d probably say the closest I get is trekking 20,000+ steps per day whenever we spend a day in Disney. 🤪 For us, just doing Disney is a marathon!
  • Options
    Health/Fitness Goal: stay in shape for a natural birth, avoid excessive weight gain, and be able to keep fitness progress post-partum

Week's Successes: Two good workouts - low impact circuit followed by yoga and a 2 mile walk. As of right now, I am feeling pretty good to do another walk or yoga this evening. 

Week's Challenges: I have no energy. Fatigue is the worst of my symptoms and I just can't see to get enough sleep to have energy at the end of the day. I could try mornings, but I'm already setting aside a half hour each morning to eat breakfast (never done before), take my prenatals and read through the Bump articles for the day.

GTKY: What are your favorite types of races/competitions/events to do? None. I hate cardio. I did a mud run once just to say I did it and I don't need to do it again, lol. I have previously done summer slow-pitch leagues, but Covid really put a damper on that.
  • Options
    Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Continue exercises 3-5x a week to prep for intervention-free labor/delivery and keep weight gain reasonable.

Week's Successes: Two yoga practices and one 30-min walk was all I was able to manage, but it’s something!

Week's Challenges: I’ve been working a lot this week and I’m not down for waking up at 4 am to workout before work, and I don’t get home until 8:30 pm, so it’s just not happening on my work days. But everything counts as a win at this point— and I do walk a lot at work.

GTKY: What are your favorite types of races/competitions/events to do? I despise running. Like, with a passion. DH is a marathon runner and I tried for so long so we could do some races together, but I can’t. I did a few half-marathons after we had DD that were fantastic— one through Maui and one in downtown Honolulu up and around Diamond Head— but I just don’t enjoy the training for it! I’m more of a CrossFit, yoga, paddle boarding girl. 
  • Options
    Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share):  Staying active and keeping weight gain at bay.

Week's Successes:  None- but my nausea and fatigue seem to be improving (fingers crossed) so I'm hoping to go for a long run on Sunday and maybe a short recovery run on Monday and then maybe throw in a couple of cross training workouts next week to start a good schedule again.  Will report back.

Week's Challenges:  Had a couple of yucky feeling days, but finally starting to feel better.  Also I basically am going to HAVE to get up early to work out.  After work I'm too tired.

GTKY: What are your favorite types of races/competitions/events to do?   I think my favorites are 5ks because they are quick and the energy stays high the whole time.  Halfs are good too because of the sheer sense of accomplishment afterwards.
    IAmPregnant Ticker