December 2021 Moms
Options

Glucose screening

So I had my Glucose screening, my numbers should've been less than 140. I was at 143. 😫 Has anyone been this close before? Think they'll make me do the 3 hour test?

Re: Glucose screening

• Options
    @rpreston17 Chances are they may. I was that close my last pregnancy and they made me do the 3 hour. I just failed my one hour miserably this time and my 3 hour is on Saturday. 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @brookert615 do they let you take the drink home and come in for the test or do you have to sit there the whole 3 hours? Just wondering what to expect. 😔
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rpreston17 ugh, that stinks! I hope this one is negative! I took a multi-hour glucose test for dizziness issues when I wasn’t pregnant and I had to stay, but I don’t know if it’s the same as the gestational diabetes one. Plus with covid now, they might let you wait elsewhere! 
  • Options
    @rpreston17 They are crazy about this 3 hour test. So usually they will start the clock once you start drinking the drink. Then you have to stay the whole 3 hours. They put me in a nice room by myself with a recliner and a TV though lol.
    TW
  • Options
    I'm sure hoping my OB doesn't make me wait the weekend not knowing what she wants me to do. Hopefully she gets back to me soon. 🤞🏼
  • Options
    They finally called. I have to do the 3 hour screen. 😭😭
  • Options
    @rpreston17 I know you already got the news but I failed by 1 point with my first and had to do the 3 hour which I failed miserably (obviously everyone is different and hopefully you pass). When I failed the 1 hour by 3 with my second I opted to be called GD and test my sugars the rest of pregnancy. This time around I didn't even do the 1 hour. I just checked my sugars for 3 days and had enough high ones to be called GD. Good luck with the 3 hour! With mine they did a fasting so I was there the whole time. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    I have my glucose test on Monday... it mentions 2 hours for me but I had no initial test? So I wonder if they just automatically do the "whole thing" here...*shrugs*... 

Question which I could google (and hope is not dumb in general) but what happens when you fail this test (numbers are too high)  do you go onto a special diet? Have to avoid certain foods? Have tests more often? 

• Options
    @rpreston17 its annoying that they're making you redo it with just 3 points but I also get it. They HAVE to have a cut off right? Hopefully you breeze through the 3hr. For the 1hr, my lab makes me drink it in front of the tech and sit in the waiting room for an hour. I imagine the 3hr would be much the same.
  • Options
    Am I the only Canadian in the group? We don't even do the hour test here due to covid and it's just a bloodtest. 

@rpreston17 I hope your next test goes okay. 
  • Options
    Any update on your 3 hour test ? 
  • Options
    @kaitcrystalline I am also canadian :) but living in Germany so experience is different... plus I heard from my sister she only had one ultrasound in Canada (maybe changed now) I have already had 4! 
  • Options
    Just had mine yesterday and waiting for results.  I felt fine  which I hope is a good sign!
  • Options
    Well, apparently feeling fine during the test means nothing.  I failed my 1 hour test.  Add me to the list of ladies dreading the 3 hour test :(
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared Oh no!!! Good luck!!!
    TW
  • Options
    @kats0727 I am definitely going to be using you as a resource if my 3 hr comes back high.  Thanks for putting that out there.   Maybe we can have a GD support thread?
  • Options
    @rpreston17 They might just tell you to just watch what you eat. Mine was on the line the last time but a little over and that was their advice. 
    TW
  • Options
    @j-to-the-amie I think low iron is pretty common in pregnancy. I've had to up my iron with all 3 kiddos. 
  • Options
    @rpreston17 I just mentioned it to a couple people yesterday as well and you are right - definitely seems quite common. 
  • Options
    @j-to-the-amie I also have to start taking iron pills which I found odd but you're right, seems common now
  • Options
    @j-to-the-amie and @kaitcrystalline I was instructed to take iron supplements during first tri with both pregnancies and never even had low iron 🤷‍♀️.  Maybe just a preventative thing?
  • Options
    Annnnnnd...officially GD over here :(  Anyone else think a support thread would be helpful?  Share recipes, etc?
  • Options
    i think that would be great to have !!! I had gd to but luckily have found you really don’t need to restrict to much just have been making better choices everything is okay in moderation , cuz I thought I had to give up all carbs and sugar but nope can have spaghetti and be just fine !
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I'm so sorry to hear!!!
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 thanks.  I know I'm not alone in this struggle, so that helps!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I see there is one here now, but I also started a GD thread in our private group as well since a lot of us are posting there! ❤️
  • Options
    @rgn12 Thank you!  I requested to join the private group but I don't think I have been approved yet.
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I see you on there! Have you tried clicking on the link again? 
  • Options
    @rgn12 no I figured I would get an email or something telling me I was accepted!  Oops!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I think you’re definitely on there, I see your picture on members! If you scroll to the bottom (if you’re on the app) under the community tab it’ll say groups and you should see “December 2021 Moms” as one of your groups! 
  • Options
    @rgn12 yes it works!  Thank you :)