January 2022 Moms

Weekly Check In 9/8

These are getting later and later, sorry!

How far along are you//EDD:

Size of the baby: 

Upcoming appointments:  

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:  

GTKY: As we think about baby names, do you like YOUR name? What were you almost named, if you know?

Re: Weekly Check In 9/8

• How far along are you//EDD: 23 weeks and some days

Size of the baby: an Honest Tea bottle

Upcoming appointments:  glucose tolerance in 4 weeks

How are you feeling?: I strained my neck muscles, so I’ve got a constant headache from that. Otherwise well!

Rants/Raves: no rants. I found the perfect panties finally. Took me 33 years.

Questions: when are you all having showers or sprinkles, or are you having one at all?

GTKY: As we think about baby names, do you like YOUR name? What were you almost named, if you know? I like my name. It’s verrrry popular-Katelynn. But it’s spelled differently than most and I can go by so many nicknames. The other option was Amanda. Choosing a name is such a big deal. I feel a lot of pressure because it’s so integral to my son’s life. I want him to love it!

• firewife_911firewife_911 member
    edited September 2021

How far along are you//EDD: 21w5d / EDD: Jan. 14th 2022

Size of the baby: Eggplant 🍆 

Upcoming appointments:  Oct. 6 (Also my 25th birthday 🥳)

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling okay. Very anxious 24/7. I feel him kicking, especially when I eat. I panic when he doesn’t kick. I ordered a fetal doppler against my husbands wishes just for peace of mind when he doesn’t kick, at least i’ll know his hearts beating. BTW my husband is very much against getting a doppler because he knows my anxiety level & if for some reason I can’t find the heart beat at that moment he knows i’ll FLIP!🤣 

Rants/Raves: I miss my beers & margaritas, especially my pumpkin beers🥲 We were regular brewery people (when we actually had time off together, thanks to our very Sporadic first responder like schedules). I also have so much to do in so little time. I love that I can feel him🥰 I also found the BEST maternity jeans!! Not so impressed with the price, but they look good!

Questions:  Where do you get your maternity clothing? Anyone else having anxiety when they don’t feel their nugget move, if so, How do you deal with It? has anyone started a registry yet? Anyone planned their baby showers yet?!

GTKY: As we think about baby names, do you like YOUR name? What were you almost named, if you know? 

My husband is a “3rd” or III. He wanted his son to be the “4th” or IV. I told him i’m sorry but no lol. I want him to have his own identity. Plus, when we first moved in together all he did was complain about the mailing mix up between his father & him CONSTANTLY!! It’s more of a nuisance. My husband is also a paramedic so he’s like “ what medic doesn’t want his sons name to have IV at the end!?” cute & punny but still no😂 He is okay with It now, but he also doesn’t like a lot of names with his last name. So we have narrowed It down to “Bentley Daniel _____” 💙 My name is Danielle, and Daniel is a very family name in my family stemming from my grandfather. When he chose that I nearly fell over with happiness. Not only did he forfeit his name, but also included me & my family. 💙 

Sorry this was a lot, I just had a lot to say😂😂

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you//EDD: 23 weeks/January 5

Size of the baby: grapefruit

Upcoming appointments:  Fetal EKG next Monday. I was informed that I could have a support person there - first appointment this pregnancy I've been allowed one... and my husband will not be available for it. Freaking figures. 

How are you feeling?: Very waddle-y and tired way more often than I thought I'd be at this stage. I'm wondering if it's because I'm just older? At any rate, it's helping solidify this pregnancy as my last one. But otherwise I'm doing ok. 

Rants/Raves:  My in-laws are going home today after being here for almost a month. The fires are under better control and the smoke has been ok in their area, so no need to hide out here anymore. I love having them around, but I'm also kinda happy to have the house back to normal. Sometimes I just wanted to be alone and since my husband works from home in our bedroom, there really wasn't anywhere else to hide other than the kids' rooms, haha. A rant: it's hot as hell here, and I hate it. I want to walk the dogs but it's too hot, even in the morning. 

Questions:  nope

GTKY: As we think about baby names, do you like YOUR name? What were you almost named, if you know? My name's ok. I always kinda thought it was boring, but I haven't known many other people with the same name, so I guess that's fine. What's funny is that I almost never hear my name, at least since I quit work and I've been a SAHM. My husband calls me by a nickname, and then I'm called Mommy by the other people that live here  :D  Before I was born, my parents swore I'd be a boy, so I was going to be called Christopher. 

@katepattsea We're not having a shower or anything here. This is our 3rd kid, we're nervous about Covid, and it's in the middle of the busiest time in our house. That's ok. And what are these perfect panties? 

@firewife_911 I ordered some stuff from Motherhood (basic tanks and t-shirts and undies) and Pink Blush (some PJs and lounge pants). I bought a really great dress from Amazon that I'm wearing right now - super comfy and pretty cheap: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QYJ3ZFB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I started a registry a few weeks ago, just to job my memory as to what we might need and organize my shopping list with options. And as for worrying about not feeling the baby move, I just tell myself that this kid is probably sleeping a lot of time, much like newborns do in general. And then if they happen to be awake more when you're sleeping, then you're probably not feeling them when they are mostly awake... but I get how you're feeling. 

• How far along are you//EDD: 21w4d // January 15

Size of the baby: An endive, or a bottle of sriracha 

Upcoming appointments:  Friday for follow-up sonogram...then 9/28 for routine 24 week, and Oct. 2 for glucose test.

How are you feeling?: Big and winded easily. My bellybutton is a shell of its former self.

Rants/Raves: TMI but I have a slight yeast infection and the one pill I swear by in curing is it not approved for pregnancy. The OTC stuff should work though. 

Questions:  Am I really feeling the baby? It feels like flutters/stomach flips, and like, gas bubbles without the gas. I question everything! 

GTKY: As we think about baby names, do you like YOUR name? What were you almost named, if you know? I hated my first name (Felicia) when I was little and I still think it's just OK. My middle name is Caitlin - I was originally supposed to be Caitlin Felicia, but my father's grandmother insisted my mom switch it, since the F name is after my late grandmother (her daughter).

@katepattsea I really want a baby shower but I'm nervous about Covid. It'll be too cold in NYC to have one outdoors and I'm weary of having one indoors, even fully vaxxed. I may look into heated patios...

@firewife911 I've had luck at Target and Motherhood Maternity. If you don't mind spending the money, I find StitchFix and Rent the Runway especially to have cute stuff! With RTR, sometimes I just size up and don't necessarily get a maternity item.

• @fifilala516 I'm sure that's the baby you're feeling! It'll obviously get more pronounced, but that's what it felt like to me at first. It's been probably 3 weeks of feeling the baby, so I can tell right away when she's moving around in there. Last night was the first time my husband was able to feel her, and it was still super faint to him. 
  • @Lisa3379 the panties are from the gap. They used to be their breath line, but I think they just changed the line to be called love instead. They stretch to fit a lot, yet don’t stretch out and become saggy. So they’ve been a godsend in these fast-growing times. But I also fluctuate 5-8 lbs all the time and carry weight in my love handle section, so having panties that don’t cut in there, are breathable, and don’t wear out within 10 washes was hard for me to find!
  • How far along are you//EDD: 23w4d

Size of the baby: the weight of a large mango

Upcoming appointments:  Monday for my 24w check up

How are you feeling?: Really good, and appetite is back, which is a welcome change. I do find that I get full faster though. Also I'm tending to not want many "healthier" foods. 

Rants/Raves: Rave- Work is going well. I am also loving Pumpkin Chai lattes that are available now (may be indulging too much). Also we're have a tailgate pot luck at work all week, which has been awesome. 

Rant- workload. I haven't left work before 5 yet, other than last Friday. And I feel like my boss keeps adding more unnecessary things to the plate. Plus I'm on evaluation this year and need to get things done even earlier because of baby, on top of getting long-term sub things together. All before Thanksgiving.

Questions:  None

I like my name enough. I could have been a Nora or Phyllis so I'll happily take Margaret/Maggie. 

I am not having a shower/sprinkle, but if I were, I'd schedule it for end of Oct or early Nov before all of the holiday get together a start. 

I also have a registry that I started pretty close to when we found out I was pregnant to keep track of what we don't have and need. I didn't make it public/searchable until after we publicly announced. 

DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @katepattsea my best friend is hyped about planning a shower and I am so hesitant because of COVID. I am so torn because it would be so fun to get to see everyone but I'm worried that it is too risky. And the idea of a virtual shower feels so odd to me. ☹

@firewife_911 I have gotten some good maternity stuff through secondhand apps like poshmark!
  • How far along are you//EDD: 20w5d

Size of the baby: banana

Upcoming appointments:  10/2. Another sonogram since this little one wasnt the most cooperative for the anatomy scan.

How are you feeling?: It is heartburn central over here and it keeps me up at night. Blah

Rants/Raves: I hate packing and I hate moving. That's it, that's the rant. 😂

Questions:  nope

I like my name now, but I used to get frustrated with it. My name is very obviously from a particular cultural background that my family has no connection to.... this has never made any sense to me. I am now hyper aware of choosing a name for my baby that has significant cultural connections for both me and my husband. 

• How far along are you//EDD: 20w2d

Size of the baby: venti Starbucks coffee

Upcoming appointments:  20 week OB appointment on Friday. Anatomy scan was yesterday, thankfully LO was cooperative and everything looks good.

How are you feeling?: feeling pretty good for the first time in like 4 months. I was able to exercise without feeling terrible. 

Rants/Raves: I’m just thankful to be feeling better

Questions: if you have an anterior placenta how did you find out? I was reading the 20 week US notes that said it but no one had mentioned it. Wasn’t sure if this was normal.

I don’t necessarily like my name. I would have picked something different if I could have named myself, but I don’t dislike it.

• @elksamm I have an anterior placenta and they told me at the anatomy scan. 
  • @katepattsea As for a shower/sprinkle, it's our second and I assume we aren't having anything.  The last time I had a shower in my hometown where I flew into town and so did other close friends, but we aren't doing that this time.  MH and I will just do an amazon registry for a Christmas list and then get the other items using the completion discount from Amazon.  

@firewife_911 Have you spoken with your doctor about your anxiety?  I used mostly positive affirmations to help calm me and really focus on when I would usually feel the baby.  I have an anterior placenta (and did with my other pregnancy too) so it makes the kicks less strong and that's challenging.  I know I usually feel the baby in the evenings when I'm reading or watching tv.  When i got really nervous I would stop everything, eat or drink something and really focus on the baby; if i still didn't feel i would set a timer and redo it in 30 minutes.  I hope that helps? 

@Lisa3379 I'm glad to hear you're getting your home back and that your inlaws are able to go home safely now.  

@fifilala516 Yes! that's baby! That's all I ever feel with this darn anterior placenta but it's so fun.  

@magalina_h wow, that's a lot on your plate right now.  i hope your boss settles down a bit, i'm sure they are just nervous for when you're going to be out.  

@lilyfox Good luck with the move!

@elksamm I've had anterior placentas both times and both times they have told me during the anatomy scan.  Nothing wrong with anterior (they are really just looking if it's too close to the cervix i think).  

How far along are you//EDD: 19+5// January 29th

Size of the baby: Mango

Upcoming appointments:  20week w/ OB next week. AS was last week, but have to go back again because the baby was uncorroporative.  

How are you feeling?: Better than i have in a long time.  i'm actually able to get things done. Which is good because i have a lot of work and a new hire to do before i go on leave.  

Rants/Raves: MH has been grumpy lately, i can tell it's work.  But he's a "just leave me alone" type of guy when he's crabby and that's hard for me because i love his company.  I know it's just a moment in time so i'm trying to be patient otherwise i make it worse by making him feel like a bad husband.  

Questions:  n/a

GTKY: As we think about baby names, do you like YOUR name? What were you almost named, if you know? My name is fine.  It was popular then and I tend to lean towards popular and traditional names.  

• How far along are you//EDD: 20 weeks 1 day/ 1/26/22

Size of the baby: banana

Upcoming appointments:  Today Anatomy Scan

How are you feeling?: Feeling a little stuffy due to the weather change here in Jersey. Starting to feel huge as well only gained 1lb. but my stomach is really protruding.

Rants/Raves: Rant: its pouring rain today and I have to park across the street for my ultrasound so I will be like a wet cat in the office.  Rave: I get to see my baby boy today on the ultrasound so that's always fun.

Questions:  None really.

Yes I like my name, Elizabeth Ashley.  I am named after my dads sister who died in a house fire at 13yrs. old, so its a very meaningful name.  My mom wanted to name me Cynthia Mae.  I don't think I look like a Cynthia.  I'm naming my son Louis Eugene.  Louis for my husband's grandfather and Eugene for my grandfather.  

• @elksamm I feel like I found out I have an anterior placenta at the NT scan around 13 weeks. I was watching the screen and the tech typed it when she saw it, and that was that. I think I've had anterior placentas each of my 3 pregnancies. It's nothing I've really thought about, I don't think it matters too much. 
  • How far along are you//EDD: 21w1D

Size of the baby: A baseball Hat 😂

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow is our anatomy ultrasound

How are you feeling?: Great, just tired from chasing my 3 year old and 1 1/2 year old around. 

Rants/Raves: Rant:Ready for my kitchen remodel to be done. 😬 Rave: we finally announced our pregnancy last week, and our pictures are adorable and I really want to share! So here they are!

Questions:  None! 

I don’t love my real name Victoria. My parents called me Tori my whole life and I love that. 

This baby’s name is really unique and I love it. 💕 

• How far along are you//EDD: 22+6, January 7

Size of the baby: an ear of corn

Upcoming appointments:  tomorrow, then next week for PT

How are you feeling?:  frazzled

Rants/Raves: because life isn’t hectic enough, we decided to look into buying a house. Of course I just hung up shelves on my wall Monday, so naturally I talked to a realtor and did our loan pre-approval paperwork 😅

Questions:  nope

GTKY: As we think about baby names, do you like YOUR name? What were you almost named, if you know? Mine is fine, just very generic. I was almost Noel and I was born in December so I am forever grateful that my parents didn’t go with that option 

• @elksamm I had one with my daughter and have one again this time. I think with my daughter I found out after my anatomy scan just reading the notes, nobody mentioned it. This time I saw it on the notes from my dating scan. Again nobody mentioned it. As long as there is no previa (which they definitely would mention) it’s totally normal 

@travistori so cute!!! 

@katepattsea we aren’t having a shower or sprinkle because this is baby 3 and there’s nothing we need 🤷🏻‍♀️

• How far along are you//EDD: 22+ 6/ Jan 8-going fast!

Size of the baby: coconut 

Upcoming appointments:  in a couple weeks. I have so many appts I can’t keep track.

How are you feeling?: stressed and perma-fatigued.

Rants/Raves: 2 covid exposures in 2 weeks (one primary and one secondary) See stressed and fatigued. 

Questions:  

GTKY: As we think about baby names, do you like YOUR name? What were you almost named, if you know? My name is okay. I don’t love the way my high school self decided to spell my nick name though ha. I think Maggie and Henry were contenders? Or Caroline (which my name is close to)

• How far along are you//EDD: 23w2d

Size of the baby: grapefruit 

Upcoming appointments:  Monday to discuss my working conditions and BP 

How are you feeling?: sore ribs and groin, stiff back, heartburn. All are manageable just annoying.

Rants/Raves: I’ve been diagnosed with gestational high blood pressure so I’m very nervous b/c I had preeclampsia and HELLP with my first. 

Between having no AC at work and wearing a mask I’m sweating all day long and on my feet with very little breaks to sit down or pee. It’s not going well. 

Sorry for all the complaining! I’ve been feeling pretty good up until now. 

Raves: I had my anatomy scan 2 weeks ago and baby was looking great! Still waiting until the big day to find out the sex. 

GTKY: As we think about baby names, do you like YOUR name? What were you almost named, if you know? I just saw my name on a list of names people don’t like anymore!  I don’t hate it but I wouldn’t choose it for myself. My parents also liked Wendy and Kimberly. They wanted to name me Catherine which I really like but made it my middle name b/c a friend of there’s used it for their daughter. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do I like my name?  Ummm I did.  Until 2020
    happened.  My name is Karen.  It’s really been hard having my name turn into a meme and used as often as a slur.  Luckily no one has said anything to me personally- I’ve had a few teenagers laugh when I give it at a store and stuff.  But other than that I’ve made peace with it as this point.  But yeah it really sucks when someone says someone else was “being a Karen”.  Worse things in life I suppose.  
  • @karenmarie9 I can relate…I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “bye, Felicia” in my life 🙄
  • @fifilala516 - ugh I’m sorry!  
  • How far along are you//EDD: 23 weeks today 1/7

Size of the baby: a grapefruit or.a barbie doll. Which in my mind are not the same size. 

Upcoming appointments:  we go back a week from Monday for a follow up ultrasound to see if his cyst has dissolved

How are you feeling?:  tired, bloated and hungry

Rants/Raves: People. People bother me. No one is specific. Just people. 

Questions: Anyone else feel like its dragging by. Then suddenly you realize your halfway through the 2nd trimester? And realize how.far behind you are..

Ashley is VERY popular for girls in my age group. From some soap opera. I think Days of Our Lives. (Ashley Abbott???) I dont dislike it but I made it a point to trt not to give my children an overly popular name. 

• @AshleyGemini24 LOL I laugh at the size of the baby stuff too. I guess if you took the baby and totally balled him/her up, it would be a grapefruit? It's just weird. And then yesterday I saw one size comparison that said my baby was "as big as an order of cheese fries from Mean Girls". Ooooookay. That's just completely random.